2014 Mustang GT Twin turbo vs 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R and 2006 Honda CBR1000RR

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Had some Mexico fun with a couple local bikes...

Enjoy

[youtube_browser]yi_cmL4-4OI[/youtube_browser]

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Surprised you beat the zx10r, those are nothing to joke around with even while stock. How big were the riders that may have helped you out a bit.

BacNBlak

WOODY
Established Member
ZX10 Rider was in a gear too high from the start. Impressive either way

I noticed the same thing but either way, wow, that Mustang MOVES OUT!! I really thought the 10R would have pulled better, they are top end screamers. From the on board clip with the bike, it sounded like he was ringing her out good so, seems like a solid win for the Mustang!

Did the Mustang race the 10R first? If so, that was dumb of the CBR to give him the hit knowing previous outcome, unless he had some serious tricks up his sleeve.

Side note on the ZX10R's; my buddy from the UK (was here because he was in the RAF) took a US spec 10R back to GB and set a dyno record at the local shop with a stock bike. This has been a couple years ago (2012 or 13 I believe) but it goes to show, these Kawis are no joke.

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
I noticed the same thing but either way, wow, that Mustang MOVES OUT!! I really thought the 10R would have pulled better, they are top end screamers. From the on board clip with the bike, it sounded like he was ringing her out good so, seems like a solid win for the Mustang!

Did the Mustang race the 10R first? If so, that was dumb of the CBR to give him the hit knowing previous outcome, unless he had some serious tricks up his sleeve.

Side note on the ZX10R's; my buddy from the UK (was here because he was in the RAF) took a US spec 10R back to GB and set a dyno record at the local shop with a stock bike. This has been a couple years ago (2012 or 13 I believe) but it goes to show, these Kawis are no joke.

OP's Mustang definitely moves out, but this is the second video I've seen where he's racing against some dude on a bike starting in too high of a gear and/or not tucking. Not the OP's fault though. Run what you brung. And FWIW, I wouldn't have the balls to put a 1000cc in the correct gear at those speeds and hammer it either. :lol:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I went out to race the kawi first as he's a buddy of mine. He's probably around 160-180 lbs if I had to guess. First race he was in first gear and the front came up and I got around him. Second race he was in 2nd gear and I pulled pretty much instantly. The third race he was in 1st and it was a damn good race until we ran into traffic.

The cbr rider was at a different location and I got a call saying he was wanting to run for money so I headed over. I didn't plan on racing anyone else so I wasn't really prepared to drive across the county. Lol

SupraBL71GTS

200mph
Established Member
Your car seems to move out pretty good

that zx10r needs to get the Ecu flashed, the gen 4 (2011+) zx10r is only making about 160whp from factory since its restricted. The secondary butterflies start closing to soon which limits the power. Once you flash the ecu and remove the restrictions they can make 180-190 whp with a flash + pipe

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Juiced, everytime i see you run your setup always has me thinking of going turbo with my car.

another bad ass video, car looks stock besides the drag wheels/tires and it seems quiet too, perfect sleeper imo.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
OP's Mustang definitely moves out, but this is the second video I've seen where he's racing against some dude on a bike starting in too high of a gear and/or not tucking. Not the OP's fault though. Run what you brung. And FWIW, I wouldn't have the balls to put a 1000cc in the correct gear at those speeds and hammer it either. :lol:

Believe me, it is not the rider. OP's car moves out and has taken down some big hitters in the area, and also does all of his work himself.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member

No argument from me. Every bike I've raced thusfar has been stock length which gives me a slight advantage as I don't believe even the most skilled rider would be able to hammer it in first gear while keeping the front end on the ground. They're not putting all of their power to the ground since they have to throttle it a bit and that lets me stay close enough to them to come around on the big end. I would bet a stretched stock zx10 or any other stretched (otherwise stock) liter bike would yank me pretty much instantly.

Yea, the third race looked like a pretty good pull for the Kawi start to finish. Good races, BA car!

Thank you, it was definitely the best race of the 3 and with no traffic, it would have been a great race

Your car seems to move out pretty good

that zx10r needs to get the Ecu flashed, the gen 4 (2011+) zx10r is only making about 160whp from factory since its restricted. The secondary butterflies start closing to soon which limits the power. Once you flash the ecu and remove the restrictions they can make 180-190 whp with a flash + pipe

My buddy will be modding it soon enough so I fully expect him to be much faster if we ever line up again.

Juiced, everytime i see you run your setup always has me thinking of going turbo with my car.

another bad ass video, car looks stock besides the drag wheels/tires and it seems quiet too, perfect sleeper imo.

Thank you. It has dumps on it but is surprisingly quiet inside the cab since the turbos act as a 2nd set of mufflers.

Believe me, it is not the rider. OP's car moves out and has taken down some big hitters in the area, and also does all of his work himself.

Thanks buddy. She's a work in progress as usual but she's getting there little by little.

Kiohtee

Established Member

Trust me (and everyone else) who is saying the rider isn't giving it his all. And it's not like anybody blames them. Liter bikes are stupid quick to come up on you in first through third, depending on the bike. Read below:

No argument from me. Every bike I've raced thusfar has been stock length which gives me a slight advantage as I don't believe even the most skilled rider would be able to hammer it in first gear while keeping the front end on the ground. They're not putting all of their power to the ground since they have to throttle it a bit and that lets me stay close enough to them to come around on the big end. I would bet a stretched stock zx10 or any other stretched (otherwise stock) liter bike would yank me pretty much instantly.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Trust me (and everyone else) who is saying the rider isn't giving it his all. And it's not like anybody blames them. Liter bikes are stupid quick to come up on you in first through third, depending on the bike. Read below:

Even if he was in the right gear at the hit, OP's car will pull around it on the top end. The car is dialed in for sure!

Kiohtee

Established Member
Even if he was in the right gear at the hit, OP's car will pull around it on the top end. The car is dialed in for sure!

This I agree with. But any cars worth racing on a bike will pull it on the top end. Bikes suck, aerodynamically speaking, after about 150 or so.

Users who are viewing this thread