• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

2014 mustang rebates makes life difficult!!

Discussion in '2011-2014 Mustang Talk' started by ViperBlueCobra, Jun 24, 2014.

1. ViperBlueCobra

ViperBlueCobra 5.0 FTW Established Member

I sold my 2012 a year a go. Been trying to be patient for the 2015. However the discounts right now on the 2014 is really got me rethinking everything.

I can get a base 5.0 w brembo, 373 gears, and recaros for 30,343! Zero percent financing!

Or wait a few months and get the same options in 2015 for 37k and probably pay 3.99 percent financing.

I'm struggling!!!

2. '14 Shelby

'14 Shelby Member Established Member

2015 will be a first year model car with plenty of first year issues. Save the coin, get in the 2014 and have fun for a few until things are improved in the '15. Plus there's no guarantee you'll love the '15. The '14 being very similar to the '12 you had, you already know what youre getting

3. kingnut

kingnut New Member Established Member

thats not really that great of a deal. you can find a used 2013 or 2014 for a better deal.

4. blackbeast12

blackbeast12 Dr. Frankenstang Established Member

Get the 14 now ,put cash on it if you can keep it stock for 2 years and trade it in on a 16.

5. ViperBlueCobra

ViperBlueCobra 5.0 FTW Established Member

Not with performance package and recaro seats, 0% financing.

And if going used there are a few other options. Boss and Shelby's come into play on the high 30's range.

6. LSX_Terminator

LSX_Terminator Member Established Member

I say get the '14. I was in the same position, but I could not pass up the deals. I sold my base '14 earlier this year and just picked up a '14 GT/CS for a killer deal. It was a no brainer for me.

7. BLK_5.0

BLK_5.0 New Member Established Member

Go with the '14, especially if it has the recaros! Thats one thing I kick myself every day for not getting.

8. 5.0GT

5.0GT Member Established Member

The boss should hold its price better, right? get a used boss and sell it if you like the 2015 and they didn't show any major issues. a year or two from now you might decide that a turbo kit would be more fun than a new mustang and your forged internals should hold some decent boost ;)

9. yngrshr

yngrshr Member Established Member

Just wait for the 15 to hit the lots since there will be leftover 2014s still. Then pick what you want.

10. 5.0GT

5.0GT Member Established Member

Not, a bad idea. They'll probably be cheaper than they are now to. I think they get fined by ford if they didn't sell them. I know that's what Nissan said after they sold the Nismo to my friend.

11. 01GTB

01GTB Active Member Established Member

But you can bet the ones you actually want will be long gone.

12. Nuar

Nuar Active Member Established Member

I don't think the first year model with firat year issues applies here.
    It's pretty much a "same shit different wrapper" kind of a deal.
    Same motor, same crappy transmission, just some updates in the look and feel of the car. Don't you think?

13. D.T.R

D.T.R New Member Established Member

I'm very tempted to get another 2014 A6 car... i will wait until the 2015s roll out

14. '14 Shelby

you're prob right! Except for the rear end, etc. which may or may not be an improvement depending on how you are going to use the car. A daily driver, then I'm sure its fine. Modding for the strip? Well you may explode the rear and who know how well and/or the aftermarket will be able to produce reliable supporting mods to get you hooked on the street/strip.

I'd still go 2014 and take some of the money saved and use it for mods

15. '14 Shelby

Recaro's FTW!!

16. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

I know the dilemma well. I'd be eyeing a 2013 Boss LS. If I were ready for it I'd be shopping for a 302S.

17. PhillyLS1

PhillyLS1 Member Established Member

Every single person I've met who's pre ordered a 2015 has been either a shop or a scenester. The hp numbers aren't even out yet lol.

I firmly believe that the 11-14 Mustangs will retain their value (well... as much as a Mustang can) and will be fondly remembered like the Fox.

If you're going to mod your car? Buy a 14. If you're just going to cruise? Wait for a 16.

18. Led_Zep

Led_Zep Don't tread on me Established Member

I just sold my 03 Mach last week, and I'm def looking for a 14' myself. Thinking to steer clear of the glass roof tho, gets hot in AZ haha.

19. Led_Zep

Led_Zep Don't tread on me Established Member

I can't stop watching the video on your sig.

20. Red Turtle

Red Turtle ALWAYS WATCHING Staff Member Super Moderator

I would pass on the zero percent and take all of the rebate money. Zero is only good if you are going to take it to term. If your credit is good, you can still get a great rate (maybe 2-3%) while taking thousands more in rebates lowering your principal amount. This might allow you to be able to trade out relatively easily in a year and jump into a 15'. Just my .02

I was thinking of doing the same a few months back, as there was an additional $1000 rebates on premium cars. The only thing that held me back was finding a base 400a car, and everything out there seemed to have a $38k+ MSRP.