2014 Pulley Swap Results... Need Tires

Pauliejr

Established Member
Just picked up my car from my tuner after a pulley swap/tune.

JLT Big Air
2.4 Upper Pulley
Steeda Adjustable Tensioner
OR/H
LTH Catback

The results are Approx. 630RWHP
(Have to look at my printout after work)

What do you guys thing of these results?

I’m currently running BFG GForce Pro Conps AS which are a GREAT all season tire. However after only driving the vehicle for about an hour I think I am in need of a better tire for the season.

what do you guys recommend for the amount of power? (I KNOW ANOTHER TIRE THREAD)

However, I am not looking to just throw a slick on the back for launching. I want something that will launch well, but also give me high speeds stability as well and not terrible handling. Also if I do get caught in the rain, not dying would be a plus.

and should I do the tears or all 4 corners.

was looking at the r888r’s but they are pricey.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
R888s for the rear gotta pay to play
but at that power level, which is where I am at or near, the MPSS4's

Pauliejr

Established Member
R888s for the rear gotta pay to play
but at that power level, which is where I am at or near, the MPSS4's

Mia keeping what I have up front a bad idea? Or should I get whatever I get for the tears on all 4s.

Definitely want the car to be stable at speeds

PM-Performance

Established Member
R888’s are where it’s at. They will be super stable. You don’t need to run them up front unless you are building something that you need it to handle on rails. It’s overkill IMHO

eagle eye

Established Member
Just picked up my car from my tuner after a pulley swap/tune.

JLT Big Air
2.4 Upper Pulley
Steeda Adjustable Tensioner
OR/H
LTH Catback

The results are Approx. 630RWHP
(Have to look at my printout after work)

What do you guys thing of these results?

I’m currently running BFG GForce Pro Conps AS which are a GREAT all season tire. However after only driving the vehicle for about an hour I think I am in need of a better tire for the season.

what do you guys recommend for the amount of power? (I KNOW ANOTHER TIRE THREAD)

However, I am not looking to just throw a slick on the back for launching. I want something that will launch well, but also give me high speeds stability as well and not terrible handling. Also if I do get caught in the rain, not dying would be a plus.

and should I do the tears or all 4 corners.

was looking at the r888r’s but they are pricey.

I just had a set of R888Rs mounted up on my `13 yesterday.
I have them at all 4 corners and are the original size, 265 up front and 285 on the rear.
I wouldn't go any wider on the rear. The Toyo's seem to run a little wide.
They are lightyears ahead of the Eagle F1 that the car originally came with. These 888s really bite and I'm sure you'll be happy with the traction they provide but if your driving in the rain, you may want to look for a tire more suitable for wet weather.
Only complaint with the Toyo's is that they are noisy. 45 mph, they hum pretty good, but I knew this before I ordered them.
You may want to look at the Michelin PS4S, they are great tire too.

PM-Performance

Established Member
Not if the pulls were done on a Mustang dyno.
So here is where that comment gets me. . . . Isn't the the difference in the Mustang Dyno that it has load applied? So if anything those numbers should be more correct loads vs non loaded no?
That being said newer Dynojets are load bearing. I have actually seen an S550 make very low numbers along with my car on a DJ with no load. He questioned it more than I did and had them put 25% load on his car and it made closer to what it should be making and showed 100whp gain with 25% load.

All this being said, I do not trust dyno numbers in the slightest bit.

darksykal

Established Member
Mickey Thompson ET Street R's

im at 660 on a mustang dyno and she dead hooks from second on
probably 80% gripping in 1st

Pauliejr

Established Member
R888’s are where it’s at. They will be super stable. You don’t need to run them up front unless you are building something that you need it to handle on rails. It’s overkill IMHO
You thing going with 888r’s in the rear I could stay with what I have up front?

I’m running BFG GFORCE COMP 2 AS

pmsininf on running 305s in the rear I current gave 285 upfront.
Not if the pulls were done on a Mustang dyno.

It’s a winpep7 dynojet as per the sheet. And it 635rwhp.

also in reference to the tires, should I be going all 4 corners with a rear tire change? Should I keep what I have up front? If I don’t do all 4 corners should I still change my front so something different if I went with an 888r on the rear.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member

also in reference to the tires, should I be going all 4 corners with a rear tire change? Should I keep what I have up front? If I don’t do all 4 corners should I still change my front so something different if I went with an 888r on the rear.
Yes on keeping your fronts and go 888 on the rear. Some guys swear they don't like mixing compounds but I can tell no difference.
I have nitto on front, 888 on rear and can/have corner carve with the best of them. I've pushed it as hard as any sane person would want to try on long, fast group runs. Lots of twisties, lots of speed.

PM-Performance

Established Member

Keep what you have up front unless you are a hardcore corner carver. They will be fine. Ive done is as well as many others here. You will not know the difference unless you are a very keen driver and drive the car at its limits in the turns

railroad

Established Member
I had similar upgrades done on my 13. Before I went to the Toyos, I upgraded the springs and rear control arms.
While still on the Goodyears, it made the car hook better and have control when they lost traction.
After adding the Toyos, the car became a safe, fast, manageable ride.
The Goodyears and stock suspension were terrible.
See mods below.
My car dyno'd 645 whp with stock headers on a stingy dyno.

railroad

Established Member
I am trying out a set of G Force Rival S on a Cobra Kit car. 315/30-18
I think they might compare with the Toyos on traction.
I do not think the sidewalls are as stiff, which is a non issue with the lighter wt car.
Do not know if the sizes are available. I tried to buy them through my local tire dealer. He said, Summit Racing only. I got a rebate at the time and Summit is always good for me.
The pound per hp on the GT500 is 6 to 1.
The Cobra comes in at 5 to 1.
They both will hold a low gear roll on a good road.

SteveWK

Established Member
888s all the way. I like them much better than the Michelins. When the Michelins broke traction the rpms would spin up fast and I never knew if the rear was going to slide out. When the 888s break traction, it is very controlled and the car goes straight as an arrow.

Users who are viewing this thread