2014 Shelby GT500 Rear Glass Louver

Does any one think this would look ok on a 2014 Gt500?
Rear Glass Louver.
I'm putting the side window & side door Louvers on my 2014 GT500.
Have too order these options from the Ford Parts Dept.& was asking for opnions from future & curent Shelby GT 500 owners.
Would this be too much for the aperance of this unique unit.
Also where can you purchase the Rear glass Louver I guess from Fords Part Dept.,along with the Side Door & Side Glass Louver for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for you comment.
I'm from the 60's & back then it looked good.but on a mach1.
So I'm trying too get views before I may make a mistake.
it may just be too much for this unit in it's already great aperance.
I will put the side window & side door Louvers on it.
Just wanted some feed back too the Rear Glass Louver look.

walked_u_hard

Established Member
no way... keep it simple and clean. lower it some, get better tires on the rear and call it quits.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
One of the members here already did this. I can't recall his screen name but it was on a red '13 GT500. I know that's not very helpful but I'll keep an eye out on here and post a link once I remember who it was.

takiotoshi

Established Member
I think that in the 60s it looks real cool but my personal opinion I wouldn't do it, the car don't need all of that.

dom418

Established Member
Not on modern cars. I remember guys with Camaros of the 80's with these and thought it looked funny back then.

SVT RICK

Established Member
Have them on mine and I like them. My first car was a 69 mach1 with them and was same color. Now with the matte black stripes they look good in person. To each his on.

DareBear

Established Member
I've ordered my 2014 without them but everytime I see a picture of one that's got them I think it looks alright, then I see without and decide against it. It's driving me crazy. I think if you are on the fence about it just order with and if you change your mind i don't think It's too dificult to remove. If you want it after the fact you can get them from Ford but you most likely have to get them painted to match your car.

Last edited:

WOT1320

Established Member
I think they look good. Do what you want and dont worry about those who think it is dated. Are stripes dated? Is lowering a car dated? I wouldnt worry about it. Saying something is dated is just being trendy. Who cares. Do what you think looks good and have a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread