2014 Z/28 vs 2014 911 GT3

Coiled03

Established Member
Why the hell would anybody compare those two cars? A Z/28 isn't even in the same league as a GT3.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Why the hell would anybody compare those two cars? A Z/28 isn't even in the same league as a GT3.

i wouldnt even mention them in the same breath .................. cant believe some of these comparisions lol

JDsfastGN

Established Member
Lol at the haters.... its just ran with in a half second of the coveted GT3 and a race car driver stated “I can say it's easier for me to go fast in the Z/28, and if I owned one, I'd sure go looking for GT3s to play with at any track day" and Pilgrim says, “These cars are immensely capable and have state-of-the-art stability and traction control for track-day novices. But, if both of these are in my garage, it would be GT3 for the street and Z/28 for the track, every time."
Yeah definitely sounds like its totally different leagues :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Tire swap the GT3 and its definitely different leagues. I'm sure a GT3 owner will end up switching tires anyways.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
The Z/28 is the latest and greatest thing to come out with a ton of hype behind it. So it's inevitable that it would be compared to true tested performers like the GT3. Is it a fair comparison? Maybe, maybe not. The GT3 is a handling benchmark and that is what the Z/28 hype is all about.

scott_0

Established Member
very surprising indeed, Chevy has done well with this car for sure

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member

If it wasn't the GT3 it would be something else you guys would comment about. Against the Seca it was that it was running against a year old model and not a 2014 LS (seems odd the didn't use a 2014 huh :rolleyes:). If it's against the GT500 then it's crazy due to the GT500 being more DD friendly. Against a GTR then the comments are how the GTR wasn't on r compounds. It will always be something. If the car went 9s , cost $35k, and mopped up the competition then the focus would be on the tail lights and how bad it's brother the ZL1 is.

cam346

Established Member
If it wasn't the GT3 it would be something else you guys would comment about. Against the Seca it was that it was running against a year old model and not a 2014 LS (seems odd the didn't use a 2014 huh :rolleyes:). If it's against the GT500 then it's crazy due to the GT500 being more DD friendly. Against a GTR then the comments are how the GTR wasn't on r compounds. It will always be something. If the car went 9s , cost $35k, and mopped up the competition then the focus would be on the tail lights and how bad it's brother the ZL1 is.
I total agree it's a hell of a car with a stick. anybody can drive auto. their nothing wrong with bench mark the 911. if here that word again, it was the alpha platform it would mop the floor with the 911. for car that weight what the z/28 do it did a dam good job against a car that 700lbs ligher.

Coiled03

Established Member

All I did is state a fact. :shrug:

Why the butthurt?

I've said it before and I'll say it again.....I care about more than just what a car does on a track/strip. If going fast were all that mattered, I'd drive a huge cube/boosted fox body with as much rust as possible to save weight. To me, it's about the WHOLE PACKAGE; exterior, interior, performance.

Last edited:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Lol at the haters.... its just ran with in a half second of the coveted GT3 and a race car driver stated “I can say it's easier for me to go fast in the Z/28, and if I owned one, I'd sure go looking for GT3s to play with at any track day" and Pilgrim says, “These cars are immensely capable and have state-of-the-art stability and traction control for track-day novices. But, if both of these are in my garage, it would be GT3 for the street and Z/28 for the track, every time."

lol

put trofeo R compunds on that 911 and the z28 will get left behind. All these comparisons for the Z28 and it has literally no room for improvement for its purpose built scenario

Meanwhile all these other cars its been compared to are on street tires, and there is lots of room for suspension modification and upgrades. the z28 is pretty taped from the factory

not really impressive imo

Last edited:

jleews6

Established Member
What a bunch of ****ing clowns!

The car cost a little over half as much as the high dollar GT3 and the SVT performance experts still cant admit that the car is impressive for what it is. Im a Mustang guy but when something else is good I can admit it although when I was about twelve I used to always find a reason to knock something else.:-D

bleedingfordblu

Established Member

does it matter? if youre buying one of these there is no question. the Z28 interior is going to be garbage compared to the GT3. overall the GT3 is such a better car for the money when comparing fit and finish, quality and all

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I think they did a good job with the car but for $75k I'd still buy a Vette instead. I would have liked to see Z28 track times on the same Pilot Sport Cup tires the Porsche ran. Kind of hard to call anything with a 50 treadwear rating a real street tire IMO. Not that I necessarily believe the 180 rating on the Pilot's.

Funny to me how everybody gets excited about which car handles better when most people will never road course their cars anyway. And the ones that do usually change the suspension, tires, brakes, etc so it doesn't much matter how well the car handles from the factory in the first place:)

I had a ride in a GT3 once from an ex World Challenge driver and was amazed with how capable that car is in the right hands, whatever the price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread