2015 Camaro - If GM moves away from retro, would you really buy one?

Would you buy a Camaro if they moved away from retro?

• **** YES!

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • **** NO!

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • **** GM!

Votes: 19 38.0%

• Total voters

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
First of all, I'm excited for the next Camaro.

It will be based off the Alpha platform.

This is the ATS-V coupe, it weighs about 33xxlbs to low 34xxlb range.

ats-v.jpg

I see it having more potential than the 2015 Mustang IMO. It's about damn time, the 5th generation Camaro is such a piece of shit.

Anyways, I see a lot of people complaining about "retro". I find myself wondering if those same people would even appreciate a slick coupe if GM moved 100% away from the retro theme.

index1.jpg

vs. something more retro themed.

retro-2.jpg

Thoughts?

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Which of these do you like better?

cam.jpg

cam2.jpg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They definitely could design a nice looking Camaro, as proven by the 1st Gen, so the only question is will they. I don't have great hopes. IMO even Ford could have done much better with the '15 Mustang.

snakecharmer

Established Member
Depends on what it looks like. I am very disappointed in the bland and uninspiring design Ford did for the 2015 Mustang, so it wouldn't take much to make me a Camaro fan, especially if they shrink it.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
In regards to styling, GM execs said it will be more of an evolution as opposed to a revolution. These are their words. It will for sure be shedding 3-400lbs. I have always been a Camaro fan but cannot stand anything retro and never liked the S197 either for this reason. Although I will admit I almost bought a 2011 SS in 2011. Thank god I didn't.

http://www.caranddriver.com/feature...5-cars-worth-waiting-for-20142017-future-cars

Inspiration will be drawn from the 2nd gen.:shrug:

Last edited:

Raven519

Established Member
I'd be down. But they can't design a good looking Camaro if they tried.

same can be said about the mustang for the past 15 years, lol. I'm ok with the retro theme, if done correctly. I'm curious as to what it will look like, i already know the new mustangs looks like ass, so i'm holding onto hope that the Camaro doesn't.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
It's going to take a lot of styling to get me into Camaro. When I saw the new bumblebee I thought it was a ford fanboys photoshop!

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
The problem is most newer sports car are being built like mini armored personnel carriers and the 5th gen Camaro is the worst offender. I think they are just terrified the cars won't sell if they don't get a perfect crash rating. I bet that sexy gen 1 above couldn't qualify for a 1 star crash rating by today's standards.

SCALECRAFT

Established Member
I'm a Z/28 Guy from back in the day. I was looking to get the new Z/28. If I see one in person and it starts to look better or grows on me, I will get one.

They took too long to put one out. Still not out.

My buddy brought his 2008 Shelby over and I thought, "ok, if Chevy doesn't get the Z/28 out when they claim it will be out, plus a few months, then i will consider a Shelby"

Bought a new 2014 Shelby on 3/19/14. It even has a/c standard. It is just a very good package of power and just enough "streetability".

Steve

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Every GM product my family has ever owned but one was a piece of junk. I do not think I could buy one again with all the bad experience we have had with them.

Users who are viewing this thread