2015 Completely Stock Coupe.....NEED Help!

03SonicStang

Established Member
Good morning, so I've been part of this community from the original purchase of my 03 Cobra, which I should never of sold! You guys have been an awesome asset to all my modifications and great laughs, NWS Thread and I've even had my wife on the girlfriend/wife thread..... I currently have my 2013 Shelby, which I've sorted out pretty well and happy with the results of the car.....

Now on to why I'm reaching out. I've been driving my dads completely stock 2015 Mustang GT w/6 speed. It has a 3.55 rear, but the car makes me sad....no sound and does not hook up AT ALL! My dad is not a modification kind of guy, but I want to make a couple of cool changes that I know he'll love in the end. On to questions:

Exhaust suggestions, nothing too loud. Need to keep the cats.....sad, as I love my MRT off road H on the 2013. Thoughts?

I also have (2) basically brand new 275/40/19 ZR Pirelli, P-Zeros. They were my 2013 fronts and only had 10 laps at M1. So they look almost new. Would these fit on the rears of the 2015? How about the front? Would purchase two more new ones if they can work on all sides.

CAI...anything I can put on without a tune? I'm not against tunning as it would give me an excuse to visit Lidio.....but again, the old man might say I'm taking it too far...

Any help with the 5.0 would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
There is a lot of NVH compliance built into the rear end with rubber everywhere, look into doing some rear subframe bracing from BMR and Steeda, it'll help tighten things up and put the power down. My car stock had tremendous wheel hop when taking sharp turns, the inner wheel would start skipping. BMR vertical links fixed a majority of it and Pilot 4S tires fixed the rest. The factory tires were Pirelli P Zeros and they were... subpar, most people only get 8-12k out of them (I got 10). The Michelins are better in every way.

Exhaust is subjective, plenty of quieter systems out there. I put a Borla S type on my car which was middle of the road for volume.

No real point in doing a CAI on a street cruiser, the 2018+ airbox is an upgrade for 15-17 cars but that requires a tune.

Users who are viewing this thread