2015 Ford F-350 Excursion

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Too bad FORD wont bring it back. Even when big SUV are almost at an all time high in sales

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I wonder if they could build a regular cab short bed 6.7L F250? I saw one of those "Earnhardt Built" versions in the Harley Davidson trim and it was ridiculously cool looking. The proportions were just right and it reminded me of a Lightning with the stance they had setup.

Either way this guy seems to have the conversion process down. The interior and exterior sheetmetal work is insanely good.

So from what im reading, to take a brand new(2016) truck is $49k plus the cost of the truck?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I haven't seen that one before, but I haven't been down to Parker in a while. An old neighborhood friend rolls around in a white MegaRaptor in South A-town.

As much as I love my 01 Ex, these modern ones are every bit better than my rig. Now I want one.

I know where one will be whenever you're ready to buy...

I mean let's be real. The longest I've kept a normal driver is about 8 months...

7.3, and you knocked up the new girl?

The 6.7L is better than the 7.3L in every way imaginable.

Yep. My swimmers are some persistent ****s.

Badass rig there!

Is it originally a 2015 truck that they converted to an excursion? Or an original Excursion body refitted with all 2015 stuff?

Yes, it's a 2015 F-350 that they cut the bed off of and retrofitted with an Excursion rear shell.

I wonder if they could build a regular cab short bed 6.7L F250? I saw one of those "Earnhardt Built" versions in the Harley Davidson trim and it was ridiculously cool looking. The proportions were just right and it reminded me of a Lightning with the stance they had setup.

Either way this guy seems to have the conversion process down. The interior and exterior sheetmetal work is insanely good.

So from what im reading, to take a brand new(2016) truck is $49k plus the cost of the truck?

I don't think they can do that. They don't touch the frame on any of their vehicles, just the body.

Correct (for a 6 door). This one is a 4 door ($41k), captain seats ($3,500), 2nd row heated seats ($1,200), rear heat and air ($3,500), sound deadener 6DRX ($1,000), Excursion badges ($600), moonroof add ($1,000).. So $51,800 + the truck. Gets pretty pricey, pretty quick.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Yes, it's a 2015 F-350 that they cut the bed off of and retrofitted with an Excursion rear shell.

I don't think they can do that. They don't touch the frame on any of their vehicles, just the body.

you are mistaken, to do the conversion they have to section and shorten the truck frame so it has the same dimensions to fit an excursion body. It is alot more involved than simply swapping the bed for the excursion rear body.

Excursion has a much shorter wheelbase than a f250/350 and thus they have different frames.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
you are mistaken, to do the conversion they have to section and shorten the truck frame so it has the same dimensions to fit an excursion body. It is alot more involved than simply swapping the bed for the excursion rear body.

Excursion has a much shorter wheelbase than a f250/350 and thus they have different frames.

You are correct. I was mistaken.

I wonder why they told me they couldn't/wouldn't do a 4 door Excursion on a long bed platform then? I would've love to have the extra 1'1/4" for storage...or spread out for leg room.

Nice. I like it

It'll be fun. I wish it were black or white...but luckily I have a body shop. lol

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Clean.

I've seen one down here a few times. Black Platinum(iirc) F-250 converted to the Excursion. Super clean, looks like it came from the Ford plant.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member

There are plenty of single cab short bed conversions out there. Some for sale, some built to order.

The 6.7L is better than the 7.3L in every way imaginable.

7.3L gasser would be sweet! Toss on a little swirlygig for more horsetorques and skip the potential diesel induced breakdowns in the family rig.

You are correct. I was mistaken.

I wonder why they told me they couldn't/wouldn't do a 4 door Excursion on a long bed platform then? I would've love to have the extra 1'1/4" for storage...or spread out for leg room.

Interesting. So is it an existing Excursion rear shell then? I can't imagine they're building it from scratch, but ya never know. If its an existing one, its kinda sad to know they're chopping up good Excursions, but at least it's for a good purpose. I'd think retrofitting everything into/onto the whole Excursion body would be easier than mating a 15+ truck with a Ex back half, I'm no expert though.

Either way, badass rig for sure!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Interesting. So is it an existing Excursion rear shell then? I can't imagine they're building it from scratch, but ya never know. If its an existing one, its kinda sad to know they're chopping up good Excursions, but at least it's for a good purpose. I'd think retrofitting everything into/onto the whole Excursion body would be easier than mating a 15+ truck with a Ex back half, I'm no expert though.

Either way, badass rig for sure!

They buy the shell from SW Insurance companies.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Most don't realize how little damage it takes to total a 15 year old truck. A light hit on the front axle is enough to tweek the frame and total out the truck.

Exactly.

I'm really getting torn. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on this thing ...but the more I think about it, I can't just drive a 'regular' looking truck. It's a sad first world problem when a 1 of 4XX truck is considered 'regular'; I've ruined myself.

Stanger00

Established Member
I can’t wait to see the transformation! So far it looks pretty good as is.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I can’t wait to see the transformation! So far it looks pretty good as is.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I'm just ready to get it.. haha

I'm torn from making it a reasonable DD, or a stupid crazy 'off-road' looking truck.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Exactly.

I'm really getting torn. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on this thing ...but the more I think about it, I can't just drive a 'regular' looking truck. It's a sad first world problem when a 1 of 4XX truck is considered 'regular'; I've ruined myself.
#Viperproblems

***EDIT*** I love the hell out of my 2001 Excursion. The V10 sucks gas like a drunk college freshman at a kegger. But the truck (TUV, SUV Alpha?) has laughed off every task and challenge Ive thrown at it.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
That thing is BAD ASS Nick.

I know this isnt your style, but I'd leave it 100% factory stock looking down to the tires. The originality is in the conversion itself!

Sick machine right here that's for sure.

I'd absolutely 100% be a player if Ford made one--Or GM, or Dodge for that matter.

We have a 2002 3/4 Suburban that i will likely never part with. I LOVE it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That thing is BAD ASS Nick.

I know this isnt your style, but I'd leave it 100% factory stock looking down to the tires. The originality is in the conversion itself!

Sick machine right here that's for sure.

I'd absolutely 100% be a player if Ford made one--Or GM, or Dodge for that matter.

We have a 2002 3/4 Suburban that i will likely never part with. I LOVE it.

I know I know... that's what I told myself when I was justifying having so much money in a 2015 anything...but the more I think about it, the more I think I just can't haha

joshcarp81

Established Member
My biggest complaint is the rear wheel arches not matching the fronts. Same but opposite as taking an '11 and up bed and putting it on an 10 and earlier.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
So at a certain point you’re at about $70-80k for a 2015 truck turned into a big suv? At that point, why not get a new full sized expedition or navigator? We love our new navigator, and there’s no way i see an aftermarket company matching the quality of the interior

Users who are viewing this thread