2015 GT350 Mustang Confirmed????????!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustangletback

Established Member
I was talking about SS Camaro and Mustang GT not about the GT500 and the ZL1 or what ever GM calls their cars. the mustang currently makes 445HP at 6600RPM and who spins their cars that high? nearly 90% of mustang GT owners don't even see 6K.
the 6.2l LS3 is rated at 422HP right? in reality they make more than the mustang 5.0 at a lower RPM. if both the GT and SS weight the same the Camaro would overtake the GT, if this happens and some of you think oh ford will just up the power, well they do have plans for HP increase not much though but at what RPM are we getting that so called "extra HP" at? 7K 7400RPM? people don't think about that or where the power is made at in the RPM band and I see it a lot on this forum. now to the GT500 and Zl1 if both cars were to weight the same with a GT500 making 662HP vs a Camaro making 580HP at the same weight who's going to win that? the GT500 weighs 400pounds less? I cant remember the weight of the Zl1.
just because you think GM wont make a 650HP Camaro doesn't mean they will or will not offer it, although that is putting the Camaro into high end Vette power and that's something people don't want to see. ford gets away with this because ford has only the GT500, a mustang with a supercharger that's all it is nothing special ford has no sports car. so I don't think GM will have a 650HP Camaro things change though!
you have it right at the end.its doubtful that we see a 650hp crapmaro.with that in mind i believe the mustang will be king again.now,if FORD wanted to destroy the vette or viper,they can come up with another FORD GT,or another COBRA 2 seater.:dancenana:

americansteel

Banned
you have it right at the end.its doubtful that we see a 650hp crapmaro.with that in mind i believe the mustang will be king again.now,if FORD wanted to destroy the vette or viper,they can come up with another FORD GT,or another COBRA 2 seater.:dancenana:

I have it right through out the whole message I wrote.
I wouldn't want to see a GT being built by ford they would charge an easy 100K for that car when I want to see a sports car on the vette level and competitively priced at the same price point GM has. that would be more feasible. the vette works well with GM and so would a car like that would work well for ford.

04svtsnke

Established Member
I wouldn't want to see a GT being built by ford they would charge an easy 100K for that car when I want to see a sports car on the vette level and competitively priced at the same price point GM has. that would be more feasible. the vette works well with GM and so would a car like that would work well for ford.

And how much do you think chevy is going to charge for the C7 zo6? A 2015+ ford gt will probably cost as much as the new viper(120k+) but I'm sure a fully optioned zo6 will be close as well.

Husker

Established Member
images

mustangletback

Established Member
if FORD did another GT it would be well over 150K.that car competes with ferrari.old FORD GTs hold their value better than a vette ever could.they are still going for more than sticker now.in fact the zr1 older ones lost so much value that its sad.they arent worth the money,neither is that viper.if FORD does a COBRA,it might cost alot more than the zr1.

americansteel

Banned
if FORD did another GT it would be well over 150K.that car competes with ferrari.old FORD GTs hold their value better than a vette ever could.they are still going for more than sticker now.in fact the zr1 older ones lost so much value that its sad.they arent worth the money,neither is that viper.if FORD does a COBRA,it might cost alot more than the zr1.
sees thats the problem i discussed this topic in another post about a 2 seater sports car look it up. many of you think ford would only make a GT40 nd price being 100k plus. Ford doesnt have to go that route something along the lines of a vette they start at 51k up to 62k it works for GM and ford could do it. another GT40 project isnt worth it for many who want a sports car built by ford I myself want one but ford offers nothing many consumers want instead ford keeps making SE mustangs and cramming it down every ones throat saying here thats all you get.

mustangletback

Established Member
sees thats the problem i discussed this topic in another post about a 2 seater sports car look it up. many of you think ford would only make a GT40 nd price being 100k plus. Ford doesnt have to go that route something along the lines of a vette they start at 51k up to 62k it works for GM and ford could do it. another GT40 project isnt worth it for many who want a sports car built by ford I myself want one but ford offers nothing many consumers want instead ford keeps making SE mustangs and cramming it down every ones throat saying here thats all you get.
ok if FORD had a 2 seater like you said between 51k up to 62k,what kind of power would it have?

americansteel

Banned
ok if FORD had a 2 seater like you said between 51k up to 62k,what kind of power would it have?
i rather the 6.2l be used but a 5.8l would do. of course you have the low end around 485-505and your high end will be a blown motor a trinity 5.8l is around 490hp 6500rpm with similar heads/cams as the 5.0l but the 6.2l would be around 530 at 6k i have one. something like that would be nice

mustangletback

Established Member
i rather the 6.2l be used but a 5.8l would do. of course you have the low end around 485-505and your high end will be a blown motor a trinity 5.8l is around 490hp 6500rpm with similar heads/cams as the 5.0l but the 6.2l would be around 530 at 6k i have one. something like that would be nice
ok,im with you on the 6.2.that would be good,but i think FORD wants to stick too 5.0,5.8,or hell,maybe a 427.going by your hp numbers that you would like to see,the FORDS top end model would get killed by the old zr1 with 638hp,a viper with 640hp.if the rumors are true,the new z06 will have 620hp,and 650tq.the next zr1 to maybe have a twin turbo over 700hp.what good would it serve for FORD to come in with a car with less than 600hp?my view would be,2 seater COBRA two models.one with 600hp,the other 800hp,and under cut the next zr1 by 5k or more.Or,a FORD GT with 900hp,and then an ultra low volume 1200hp car.:dancenana:

americansteel

Banned
ok,im with you on the 6.2.that would be good,but i think FORD wants to stick too 5.0,5.8,or hell,maybe a 427.going by your hp numbers that you would like to see,the FORDS top end model would get killed by the old zr1 with 638hp,a viper with 640hp.if the rumors are true,the new z06 will have 620hp,and 650tq.the next zr1 to maybe have a twin turbo over 700hp.what good would it serve for FORD to come in with a car with less than 600hp?my view would be,2 seater COBRA two models.one with 600hp,the other 800hp,and under cut the next zr1 by 5k or more.Or,a FORD GT with 900hp,and then an ultra low volume 1200hp car.:dancenana:
you missed what i wrote i said a low end model would make 485-505hp and the high end with a blown motor 600hp plus obviously.

mustangletback

Established Member
you missed what i wrote i said a low end model would make 485-505hp and the high end with a blown motor 600hp plus obviously.
ok,i missed that part.im not trying to cause an issue here.im just saying if you are gonna enter a market like that,you go for the kill.FORD did it with SHELBY with the GT40s of old.they didnt just say lets be competitive,it was said beat ferrari,and they did.now to bring that up to 2014 it means if chevy has a vette with 620hp,ours will have 675hp.if the next zr1 has 700hp,we will give ours 800hp.to me anything other than that makes no sense to me.an example of not making sense to me was the new viper.here it is it was out of production for a short while.the zr1 had 638hp.they bring the viper back with 640hp.to me that was stupid,and you know what the zr1 beat it around a track.then they went back and did a viper t/a.another thing that was funny about the non t/a viper,is that some magazines had the GT500 faster than the viper by 1 second in the 1/4mile.mmm.another epic fail of the viper was the price.they sold so few of them dodge had to come out and say well, we arent gonna make alot of them.if you dont play to win,dont play at all.:pepper:

svttim

MCA National Director
Established Member
you sure do like to cry don't you?
if both cars weigh the same the Camaro will win hands down! both cars already make similar power although they make little more than what both manufacturers state. I don't know maybe it has something to do with physics, maybe or you're just one of those mustang fanboys that say nothing can beat a mustang yet you only show how ignorant you are to facts and what in reality a car can or could do despite of brand.
I bet you obviously think if the current two platforms were identical in weight the mustang would still win? the major handicap of the Camaro is weight. the LS engine regardless of Cubic inch will always out power a 5.0 coyote or a the 5.8l trinity ford has.

Wow, this guy is the real thing, he can even project my emotions over the internet. Wrong of course but hey, he tried

So, are you saying the current LS out powers the 5.8?

Put you big boy pants on, try treating others with a little respect and maybe, just maybe, they ill respect you and your opinion

americansteel

Banned
ok,i missed that part.im not trying to cause an issue here.im just saying if you are gonna enter a market like that,you go for the kill.FORD did it with SHELBY with the GT40s of old.they didnt just say lets be competitive,it was said beat ferrari,and they did.now to bring that up to 2014 it means if chevy has a vette with 620hp,ours will have 675hp.if the next zr1 has 700hp,we will give ours 800hp.to me anything other than that makes no sense to me.an example of not making sense to me was the new viper.here it is it was out of production for a short while.the zr1 had 638hp.they bring the viper back with 640hp.to me that was stupid,and you know what the zr1 beat it around a track.then they went back and did a viper t/a.another thing that was funny about the non t/a viper,is that some magazines had the GT500 faster than the viper by 1 second in the 1/4mile.mmm.another epic fail of the viper was the price.they sold so few of them dodge had to come out and say well, we arent gonna make alot of them.if you dont play to win,dont play at all.:pepper:
that's why I said have a blown high end model the power can be xxx amount.
700hp I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread