2015 Mustang 2.3 Economy Boost

THAITED

Established Member
Well, I was at the dealer today looking at a 2015 Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost. The price for fully loaded is 3,5000. I think that was too steep. How much do you think it would be a fair price with tax out the door? Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
not many incentives yet. youll need to wait till the end of the year.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
Starting price for all S550 models:

Untitled.jpg

Got my 13 GT Premium new for 32k after rebates, good reason for me to keep it. :)

FIVEHOE

Established Member
That was what I thought too. I already have a 650 hp Stang so I thought I try a turbo for DD.

Just my opinion of course but I wouldn't want two of the same vehicles (even if has a different motor/bodystyle). I would switch it up.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Probably going price for the bay area.

Doubt they will negotiate either, some sucker will pay that asking price in two weeks so no sense in the selling it to enthusiasts who know better.

I'll be looking more at '15s in a couple years but right now they're laughably too expensive. Good 13-14s in my area are still wholly overpriced for one that's under 30k and CPO.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I know it's 11 months away but I bought my car the last day of the year, January 31. I went in the 30th and walked out, came back the following day, they nocked $4k off the price and gave me another $3K for my trade. They were desperate.

SHOdown220

Established Member
OP did you drive the ecoboost yet? I heavily considered one but was let down by my test drive. I'm sure a tune and intake would really change things around but in stock form I wasn't impressed

Blackoyote

Established Member
I don't see why they wouldn't work on the price at all on the EBs...I've been seeing PP/Recaro base GTs selling for $32k.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know it's 11 months away but I bought my car the last day of the year, January 31. I went in the 30th and walked out, came back the following day, they nocked $4k off the price and gave me another $3K for my trade. They were desperate.

So...a $7k swing in the matter of 24 hours?

Either you're full of it, or they were trying to knock your head off the first day.

Dadz500

Established Member
Plenty of good deals to be had. Sales are slowing and deals are being given now without even needing to ask. I paid $500 over (invoice) on an Anniversary Model 12/31 and then traded it for more to a dealer and got a 15' convertible, loaded with more then the Anniversary car and it cost me basically dealer fee's and the convertible is $5k more.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
I had to travel to get this deal but the dealer I used just has good pricing. There are deals to be made just have to search.

Ok, didn't think there would be deals on S550 Mustangs.

Plenty of good deals to be had. Sales are slowing and deals are being given now without even needing to ask. I paid $500 over (invoice) on an Anniversary Model 12/31 and then traded it for more to a dealer and got a 15' convertible, loaded with more then the Anniversary car and it cost me basically dealer fee's and the convertible is $5k more.

That's nuts (in a good way).

Attaus

Established Member
Yes, I did. I think it has more power the my 03 GT vert.

Unless your car is forced induced, it definitely does @ 310hp/320lb-ft.

If you aren't a die hard enthusiast it makes sense. 3/4 the power of the GT while returning 125-150% fuel economy, understanding even though gas prices are low now they are rising again. Personally I'd still go for a base GT over a loaded Ecoboost, but I am very interested to see what can be extracted from this engine on all levels - intake/exhaust/tune to turbo swap/built motor etc.

It would make a fun DD, and I agree with Fivehoe I'd get a different model than my fun car, but hey some people just love Mustangs.

EDIT: I realized that tuned ECBs are probably already out there, so I found Livernois' car which dyno'd in the mid 300's for HP/TQ and dropped ETs from 13.69 to 12.65. Not bad for a ~$30k car with a $600 tuner and a factory warranty.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread