2015 Mustang EcoBoost Bolt-Ons

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 2015 Mustang EcoBoost Bolt-Ons Featured.jpg
Full Frontal
Revolution Automotive revs up its EcoBoost project with bolt-ons
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Full Race Motorsports and Revolution Automotive

With the arrival of the EcoBoost option, the Mustang has a factory turbocharger again. As we know, OE power adders open the door to easy modifications much wider. Just ask owners of Terminators and GT500s. Even the mid-’80s SVO had upgrade parts available, but its viability as a modded car was overshadowed by the bolt-on friendly 5.0-liter V-8.
Continue reading →

Voltwings

Established Member
^^ Big boost seems to scare a lot of people, but its not a big deal on a 4 cylinder. Its not like a V8 where 6-9 psi is normal, hell, UNDER 20 psi on a boosted 4 is strange, most are running 20-30 when making good power.

Anthony K

Established Member
Livernois ecoboost car with a tune, tires, ms109 unleaded fuel and unbolted catback went 11.70's

I'd say these guys need a little more tuning. There's a WHOLE lot more potential there. Also, Livernois bumped the boost 2lbs over stock.....

Voltwings

Established Member
^^ that's some deceptive wording. Could be 2 psi Peak* over stock, but most stock tunes tank boost on the top end for heat management. If could have very well been a 2 psi peak gain, but like 7-10 on the top end is more reasonable.

ECOSTANG

Established Member
I agree this is a built 4 cyl for boosting, my 2015 GTI after it's APR tune was peaking 30/31 PSI. As for that 1/4 mile time that's a lot of 60ft in there...... Any true 11 sec car should be well into the 120MPH range. Still impressive tho.

Users who are viewing this thread