2015 Mustang EcoBoost Bolt-Ons

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 2015 Mustang EcoBoost Bolt-Ons.jpg
Total Package
VMP Tuning improves its 2015 Mustang project with bolt-on mods
By Steve Turner

You know how it is when you finally get that new project car. There’s already a pile of parts waiting in the garage for you to install. Whether you are looking to give it a signature look or step up its performance, it’s hard to resist opening up your toolbox and tearing right into it. Fortunately for us, VMP Tuning’s BJ McCarty was patient enough to wait until we arrived with our camera to document a full complement of bolt-ons as they were installed on his new EcoBoost Mustang.
Continue reading →

TrackpackGT

Established Member
I watched a vid of someone's Eco stang with a tune only run 12.60's. Don't remember if auto or stick, but that's just sick.

04SloSnake

Its just an Eaton
Established Member
JLP ran a 12.6 tune only, including stock PP tires. There is some confusion on what fuel they had in the car and there are rumors they had a half tank of race gas. Not sure how that affected their tuning.

Not to thread jack but there are multiple full weight bolt-on/tune cars running 12.2 and faster. This EB is truly a performance alternative for those of us who enjoy small turbo motors.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
A stock EBM runs mid 14's at less than 100mph. I would be stunned to see a tune only car on earth that will run mid 12's. If you've seen the spark tables on these cars, they leave a lot on the table, but.....

There are lots of other things that factor into the calibration; mostly heat and torque control.

Maybe.... Just maybe with a stick, a dry 40 degree day and e85. :)

davidhuff

Established Member
A stock EBM runs mid 14's at less than 100mph. I would be stunned to see a tune only car on earth that will run mid 12's. If you've seen the spark tables on these cars, they leave a lot on the table, but.....

There are lots of other things that factor into the calibration; mostly heat and torque control.

I thought Livernois Motorsports ran a 11.80 et with a tune,stock air box,stock motor, auto trans with aftermarket tires and wheels.How did they do that and I sure hope they come to Bowling Green and show us all how this is done.

04SloSnake

Its just an Eaton
Established Member
G

There is a guy who ran 13.4 bone stock. All he did was take out the passenger and rear seat. There are many others in the 13.8-14.0 range. Just because Florida weather sucks, doesn't make it a mid-14 sec car.

PewterCam

Established Member
I thought Livernois Motorsports ran a 11.80 et with a tune,stock air box,stock motor, auto trans with aftermarket tires and wheels.How did they do that and I sure hope they come to Bowling Green and show us all how this is done.

109 octane with a tune that pushes the limits is how they did it. They tend to overlook that bit of info. It's still impressive regardless.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
G

There is a guy who ran 13.4 bone stock. All he did was take out the passenger and rear seat. There are many others in the 13.8-14.0 range. Just because Florida weather sucks, doesn't make it a mid-14 sec car.
Of course it makes it a 14 second car. You play the hand that's dealt. If someone asks me how fast the car is, citing that it's a second quicker in better weather is BS.

davidhuff

Established Member
What should a 2015 ford mustang ecoboost auto run in the real world with 93 octane pump gas with the following mods:
After market tune.
After market CAI
DOT Drag Radial Tires on after market wheels
The reason for this questions is there is a lot of BS out there on these forums.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
What should a 2015 ford mustang ecoboost auto run in the real world with 93 octane pump gas with the following mods:
After market tune.
After market CAI
DOT Drag Radial Tires on after market wheels
The reason for this questions is there is a lot of BS out there on these forums.

When and where?

davidhuff

Established Member
When and where?
Bowling Green,KY when the weather is 70 & 80 degrees and not 40 degrees when vendors post BS numbers. I am looking for real world numbers with pump gas like most members run.Sea level is 547 feet and that should be a fair track to get fair 1/4 mile times.

Last edited:

davidhuff

Established Member
Ever time I see a vendor showing how fast their Ford Mustang Ecoboost in a video every person is wearing coats.
The weather is always 50 degrees or below and that is not the real world at most tracks.
I would love to see Livernois Motorsports run 11:80ET at Bowling Green,KY.
I raced my Turbo Buick for 10 years at Bowling Green and it is a great track.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread