2015 reviews are out

vergil

Established Member
I am at work right now can't post the links, motortrend, car and driver and others released the reviews.

Last edited:

nicksender

Established Member
I wonder how much testing was really done based on those reviews?

Some of them praise the handling and some don't give it a lot of compliments.

The GT looks so far to be no quicker than the outgoing model which was expected, but still disappointing.

Two of the reviews listed GT PP weight at 3814 lbs. I wonder what a base model will weigh?

I'm still interested in buying one; but of course will test drive one myself.

I can't wait for reviews from customers instead of the mags.

Chameleon76

Formerly Bad_302
Established Member
Road and Track:

"Mind you, I drove the GT in a group that also included the Porsche 911 GT3, the Lexus RC F, and the Italian-superhero Ferrari 458 Speciale. It confidently, casually held its own in that heady company."

Voltwings

Established Member
I'm probably the only one excited about the EB huh? 14.1 is marginal at best, but considering that was a Premium (heavier) and auto (slower) a 14.1 is pretty stout. Wouldnt be surprised to see some manuals getting high 13s stock, which would be pretty damn slick. That tq curve is BEAUTIFUL, and will open up the top end with some mods, that HP drop is almost 100% tune related to keep the Boost temps down.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm probably the only one excited about the EB huh? 14.1 is marginal at best, but considering that was a Premium (heavier) and auto (slower) a 14.1 is pretty stout. Wouldnt be surprised to see some manuals getting high 13s stock, which would be pretty damn slick. That tq curve is BEAUTIFUL, and will open up the top end with some mods, that HP drop is almost 100% tune related to keep the Boost temps down.

You're not the only one....

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
this is all i saw:

BASE PRICE $32,925
PRICE AS TESTED $46,380

never thought i'd see a gt priced at $46,380... wonder if this includes dealer mark-up, taxes, title, destination, etc. :nonono:

Voltwings

Established Member
I almost think they get them with EVERY package, so they can kind of comment on everything at once. Better than having a Base GT review, Track GT review, Premium GT review ... I agree, thats quite steep, but makes sense i suppose.

Stinky3377

Established Member
this is all i saw:

BASE PRICE $32,925
PRICE AS TESTED $46,380

never thought i'd see a gt priced at $46,380... wonder if this includes dealer mark-up, taxes, title, destination, etc. :nonono:

This

IMO, long gone are the days of the Mustang GT being for the just out of college kid or average Joe.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
I almost think they get them with EVERY package, so they can kind of comment on everything at once. Better than having a Base GT review, Track GT review, Premium GT review ... I agree, thats quite steep, but makes sense i suppose.

i'm a bottom line guy. you can have all the fluff in the world to throw at me and make it sound enticing, but what's the bottom line? how much is the fluff gonna cost? having a gt cost as much as it does now, to get a semblance of what is being reviewed...

and a base, NO-OPTION gt at $32,925? we're talking no options and $32,925. i LOVE mustangs but any price for the v8 model is kinda steep.

Voltwings

Established Member
I'm not trying to excuse the price, hell, the EB4 i want is $30k... Thats steep for a 4 cylinder, regardless of the packages or how much i want one.

I think this is just the results of people wanting "more" out of the mustang. We wanted a better interior (it sorely needed it), We wanted more power (Ford gave us a HELL of a powerplant), we wanted it to turn better, brake better, have better tires... All that has to come at a price, so it just is what it is at this point.

13GT5.0

Established Member
Glad I have my 13, feel like a won the lottery..this 2015 and beyond me no likey. Waiting for the next camaro actually.

germeezy1

Established Member
Where is the Pill when his 300 lb weight loss numbers from an insider claims are now dashed into pieces?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
That tq curve is BEAUTIFUL, and will open up the top end with some mods, that HP drop is almost 100% tune related to keep the Boost temps down.

I thought the drop at around 5300 rpm was tune related as well, but on another site someone was saying that it's because the turbo is too small. Can you comment on that?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Where is the Pill when his 300 lb weight loss numbers from an insider claims are now dashed into pieces?

I'm pretty sure almost everything he claimed came from "insider sources" and he got most things wrong. Constantly changed his story and twist his words to never admit to any false claims. He's quite the character... Maybe it's just because I don't frequent mustang6g as often, but I feel like he has been much less active since the specs have been released.

blk93

Established Member
Looks like I will be in the market for a 14 model. Not impressed at all!!!!!!!!!

Voltwings

Established Member
I thought the drop at around 5300 rpm was tune related as well, but on another site someone was saying that it's because the turbo is too small. Can you comment on that?

Most stock turbo cars will plateau at after a point, they wont continue raising like an Na car. This is because they are on the smaller side, but when it drops off that hard, it is 100% tune related, and most all stock turbo cars do that. Observe.

Mazdaspeed 3 ( note the nose dive at 5500 rpms)
ms3_zps48e0d156.jpg

Wrx (slightly more subtle, but still there)
wrx_zps5bddcbad.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread