2016 Focus RS

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 Focus RS.jpg
Hottest Hatch!

Ford reveals the 320-plus-horsepower, all-wheel-drive Focus RS to the world
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Motor Company

Today in Cologne, Germany, Ford introduced an all-new Focus RS. After taking a few years off from the RS brand, the Blue Oval cam back strong, delivering a 320-horsepower, all-wheel-drive machine that will be available worldwide, including in North America.
Continue reading →

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Guess my source was correct over a year ago! 12/31/13
Not that this means anything, but my brother has been in Ford finance for over 10 years, every time he has heard of something.... Electric/Hybrid, AWD Fusion, etc... It has happened within a couple of years. Saw him over Christmas and said, "Man bro, if Ford would make an AWD Turbo Focus, they would sell the crap out of them." His response, "they are going to build it soon." Hmmmm. I sure hope so.

BlueOvalRapture

Established Member
Im really starting to get into this car. I own a few SVTs currently and love the look and performance that they deliver. My 95 cobra is a bit raw and unrefined with its aftermarket t64 turbo, but my 13 raptor and gt500 remind me just how fun it is to be a vehicle lover. I've never been into 4 cylinder car, but this RS has put me on the fence and i got the feeling im going to find myself behind the wheel of a RS smiling.

TRBO VNM

Sell the shit out of it may not be the case now. So far everyone I know that has an ST is not happy with the RS. They like the performance but think the body is not up to standard for the RS and are planning on just keeping their ST's and putting larger turbo's on. For me it will come down to price and mpg

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Sell the shit out of it may not be the case now. So far everyone I know that has an ST is not happy with the RS. They like the performance but think the body is not up to standard for the RS and are planning on just keeping their ST's and putting larger turbo's on. For me it will come down to price and mpg

Sounds exactly like 2014 mustang owners talking about 2015 mustangs lol.

03dsgdreams

Established Member
I want one of these very bad. I love mustangs but now that i'm 32 and have a family not to mention these bad winters we've been having here in Michigan i really need something with 4 doors that i can drive all year that is still a ball to drive. Instead of driving a beater car in the winter months.. Being able to fold the back seats down with the hatch makes for enough room for trips to home depot or Christmas shopping ec.
:coolman:

Last edited:

TrackpackGT

Established Member
I can only wonder how it rides and how much the MSRP will actually be. The new GTI AWD is $40k. My Fiesta ST was rough to drive on a daily basis, even worse on a road trip.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
If I wasn't recently retired and had to drive everyday, I'd definitely consider the RS as a good year round performance car (albeit, with a change of tires). The SHO AWD also fits the bill, but it's BIG. But as it stands now, if the snow falls I just have a cup of coffee and wait 'till the plows do their job. ;-)

BlueOvalRapture

Established Member
Sounds exactly like 2014 mustang owners talking about 2015 mustangs lol.
lol true. As for the RS only way to know it to test drive it. Got to make sure i get the same guy who let me test drive the 15 gt Mustang he change the mode to sport for me and i took him to 5th gear. I told him i was surprised he let me do it. He replied "well i figured if you havent wrecked your 13 GT500 you must have some driver skills" crazy thing is 3rd gear in the shelby is 135 going into 4th the 15 5th was 130s

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
No way salesmen should be subjected to that kind of speed on a test drive. What was he thinking?

FastRedPonyCar