2016 GT Desperately Need Advice!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
As Shaun stated, I would make sure the dealer is aware that they sold you a Tuned car so if any warranty issue, they will have to stand by it being that you signed paperwork assuming the remainder of the factory bumper to bumper. If you do not have this noted, they can claim you made the alterations to the tune causing any failure. That said, if you flash a new tune in the car it would be post sale and could possibly be determined.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As Shaun stated, I would make sure the dealer is aware that they sold you a Tuned car so if any warranty issue, they will have to stand by it being that you signed paperwork assuming the remainder of the factory bumper to bumper. If you do not have this noted, they can claim you made the alterations to the tune causing any failure. That said, if you flash a new tune in the car it would be post sale and could possibly be determined.

Won't hold a candle to anything. They sold a pre-owned 2013 Mustang that is more than likely out of factory warranty anyways...doesn't matter.

OP, I saw that you talked to the previous owner and he fed you a line about the shop keeping the tuner? Wut? lol

Anyways, no CEL on, you're good.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Won't hold a candle to anything. They sold a pre-owned 2013 Mustang that is more than likely out of factory warranty anyways...doesn't matter.

OP, I saw that you talked to the previous owner and he fed you a line about the shop keeping the tuner? Wut? lol

Anyways, no CEL on, you're good.

2013...??
recently purchased a used 2016 Mustang GT 5.0 last night with 16k miles

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
2013...??

Ah, no idea where I came up with that. But still, in all reality a Pre-Owned Buyer's Guide is required in every state except Wisconsin and Maine. If the dealer marked that it had Dealer Warranty, they should cover it...if it was marked that it had the Manufacturer's Warranty, you can try to argue it, but I've never seen a dealership held liable for a traded in vehicle that they didn't do the work on it themselves (much like if I trade for a vehicle today that just got out of the body shop from an accident, then I sell it tomorrow, then in 4 months it pops up on the history report). If the buyer's guide was marked as-is...no argument at all.

Users who are viewing this thread