EditorTurner

Established Member
0-2016-Shelby-GT350R-Raffle-Featured.jpg

R is for Raffle
With $20 in raffle tickets, you could win a new Shelby GT350R
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of TRI Industries NFP

At the moment, the Mustang that most of us dream of owning is the race-ready version of the modern Shelby. Dubbed the GT350R, this version of the top-line Mustang is an absolute animal on the road course and if you purchase a raffle ticket from TRI Industries, you might just be able to put one in your driveway without a dealer markup.

“This is a rare opportunity to win a truly collectible Shelby GT350R. TRI Industries drawing prize car is chassis number 65 of the very limited R production model,” says the auction site. “The Ford Shelby GT350R is the most track-capable Mustang ever and the first from a major automaker to offer carbon fiber wheels as standard equipment.”

You can learn more about the GT350R fundraiser here…

[video=youtube;cFrW362_JC8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFrW362_JC8[/video]

The raffle is designed to support AbilityOne Program, which employs Americans with disabilities. This program is meant to support Federal government customers with remanufactured imaging supplies. So, you could win a cool car and foster this effort.

“This is the pinnacle of performance Mustangs today,” said Dave Pericak, director, Ford Performance. “The Shelby GT350R Mustang lays the groundwork for a story that will play out for years to come on the track and the street.”

If you want to be part of that story, the raffle closes out on Halloween. However, if you are interested, you can buy tickets right here before you forget. If you do win, you can opt for the car or $75,000, but you’ll definitely want the car.

1-2016-Shelby-GT350R-Raffle.jpg

What Ford fan wouldn’t want to own a new 2016 Shelby GT350R? Thanks to the TRI Industries raffle, you can take a shot at winning one for as little as $20.

2-2016-Shelby-GT350R-Raffle.jpg

With no rear seat, carbon-fiber wheels, sticky Michelin tires and other tweaks, the 2016 Shelby GT350R is a street-legal road-course warrior that you could win in this raffle.

liter of cola

Established Member
I gave em $20. If u read the fine print it says no purchase necassary and that you can get raffle tickets by mailing them hand written letters. 1 per day max. You know theres gonna be that one guy that writes them a letter every single day till the deadline is up.

chuckstang

Established Member
Anyone else notice the second, red Shelby GT350 in the garage in the video?

Better yet anyone else ever notice that with these car raffles you almost never hear about the actual drawing and who won, etc...
But its for a good cause and hell I spent $20 at a fair last night trying to win a giant teddy bear so this seems to make more sense :D

Last edited:

Piasared

Established Member
Good people. Think they run another business for the mentally challenged. Sweet people. Used to live in the area and was always running into someone who worked or had an adult child they helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dragonacc

Established Member
Ordered some tickets as well. I'm wondering if the start date on the website is correct. If so they may not cover the cost of the car based on what they've raised so far. Hope it turns out well for them though!

Edit: The guy that did the video for the fundraiser did a good review video of the same car as well. Very in depth compared to most you see. Whoever wins won't have to worry about breaking the engine in though...

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I guess I'll be the odd one out and say I think Id have a damned hard time saying no to a check for 75 grand

liter of cola

Established Member
I guess I'll be the odd one out and say I think Id have a damned hard time saying no to a check for 75 grand

you sure are the odd one out cuz this car is a serious collector. smartest thing you can do is hold on to it for 10 years and then sell it, you'd make a pretty penny. hell you could get more than $75k for it right now even though its used. the cheapest one on autotrader right now is $88k used 1030miles on the clock.

if your young and wait 30 years i'd bet you could sell it for a few 100 grand.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread