2016 SVT GT350/500 Info

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Let me ask you a few questions?

What are your ins at ford? Have you ever been to flat rock?

I believe the answer is none, and no.

Others have. And have more intel than u

No, dealers dont make mistakes Chris. No, magazines dont provide wrong information Chris. No, nothing changes from one month to the next Chris. Yes GSM and Dealer Reps are all 100% correct all of the time! We should know this Chris.

If its on the internet, it must be true.

GTMamba

Established Member
I just joined g6 and joined basically for the humor in their posts and rants. No I dont know the colors or names, though I have seen many pictures. But a list colors and all options on the 15 mustang I have not seen. True, if I wanted the information I could find it however you said you knew what that color was. So I asked. I could really care less about colors as the car as stated is still 13-14 months away.

And I am still waiting to find out who DMV is? No one seems to know.....wonder why that is?

I have to say I find your posts much more humorous.

And I am still waiting to find out who DMV is? No one seems to know.....wonder why that is?

Some people like to leak info but still value their jobs.

GTMamba

Established Member
No, dealers dont make mistakes Chris. No, magazines dont provide wrong information Chris. No, nothing changes from one month to the next Chris. Yes GSM and Dealer Reps are all 100% correct all of the time! We should know this Chris.

If its on the internet, it must be true.

Do you even understand what you are looking at? These are screenshots from the order banks. Any dealer can look this up. If there is a mistake, it's the info provided by Ford, or the information was given to the dealers prematurely.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Do you even understand what you are looking at? These are screenshots from the order banks. Any dealer can look this up. If there is a mistake, it's the info provided by Ford, or the information was given to the dealers prematurely.

I would say dealership info is not to be taken as smoking gun because while they may get some factual information here and there it is mostly unreliable, especially at this point when the SVT is easily a year out. This info does nothing for me.

GTMamba

Established Member
Never said it was a smoking gun. It's early and it could change, but it says what it says.

But I fail to see what dealers have to do with this. Dealers don't know crap, but this isn't from them.

A dealer didn't come up with the body codes, option codes and model years. That's all Ford. If that does nothing for you, I'm not sure what would.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Never said it was a smoking gun. It's early and it could change, but it says what it says.

But I fail to see what dealers have to do with this. Dealers don't know crap, but this isn't from them.

A dealer didn't come up with the body codes, option codes and model years. That's all Ford. If that does nothing for you, I'm not sure what would.

Hold on. You state that dealers don't know crap then question why we don't believe information straight from the dealer?

Carbon Driven

Established Member
I have access to the entire MOTOR parts database for all years and all makes. Ive been waiting and waiting for the updated database file to arrive but Im sure it wont come out before the dealers get the same info. Soon as I know anything I'll post up what I can

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

This is info from a dealer, correct? What they have access to on the databases? Ford has kept this car a secret for a long time and if they haven't released the detailed evidence themselves then they are not going to release it to dealers who will surely leak it on the internet. Dealers have been known to pass incorrect information all the time.

I'll take my info from people in the know who have been proven time and time again to be correct, but yet who still withhold information because they are bound legally in doing so. We have a few of those guys on here who have never leaked more than they were supposed to, so i suggest listening to them.

GTMamba

Established Member
This is info from a dealer, correct? What they have access to on the databases?

If you can't distinguish between info from a dealer and info from Ford's dealer order banks, no point discussing it further.

Ford has kept this car a secret for a long time and if they haven't released the detailed evidence themselves then they are not going to release it to dealers who will surely leak it on the internet. Dealers have been known to pass incorrect information all the time.

Ever heard of inadvertent leaks? A PDF of the order banks that was posted on 6G (and other sites like Jalopnik etc) was requested to be removed by Ford.

I'll take my info from people in the know who have been proven time and time again to be correct, but yet who still withhold information because they are bound legally in doing so. We have a few of those guys on here who have never leaked more than they were supposed to, so i suggest listening to them.

You do that. It's like a religion around here. I'll wait until someone can explain to me why a supposed 16MY vehicle is showing up in Ford's 15MY order banks.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
If you can't distinguish between info from a dealer and info from Ford's dealer order banks, no point discussing it further.

You recently posted that dealers are wrong all the time. How else do you believe Ford dealers get this wrong information?

The 03 mustang svt was available in May of 02. Why did they not call it the 02 Mustang SVT Cobra?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It's coming out next Friday at the concurs de elegance, I just talked with "the head of fomoco" via twitter. Really cool person. And he had all the facts. He said the 15 gt will make 550hp weighing 3350lbs for $32,995, and the gt350 will make 675hp weighing 2950lbs with a full carbon Kevlar chassis, and panels with cf wheels for $62,995.

Ok not actually true. Gt350 is 2015 release.

rancid

Established Member
it's coming out next friday at the concurs de elegance, i just talked with "the head of fomoco" via twitter. Really cool person. And he had all the facts. He said the 15 gt will make 550hp weighing 3350lbs for $32,995, and the gt350 will make 675hp weighing 2950lbs with a full carbon kevlar chassis, and panels with cf wheels for $62,995.

Ok not actually true. Gt350 is 2015 release.

lol

Stable68

Established Member
Let me ask you a few questions?

What are your ins at ford? Have you ever been to flat rock?

I believe the answer is none, and no.

Others have. And have more intel than u

I dont have any "ins" at ford.

I dont know what you dont understand. MY15 order guides have been made viewable to dealers. The P8J body code is a 2015 SVT. There are screen shots of the body codes and options for this car on 6gz This isnt a mistake, there are people on 6g who have gone to there dealers to see if this is true, and sure enough, its there.

Once the orderbanks come out i would think it would be too late to push it back a model year. May it come out very late? Sure. Will it be a 2015? Yes.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I dont have any "ins" at ford.

I dont know what you dont understand. MY15 order guides have been made viewable to dealers. The P8J body code is a 2015 SVT. There are screen shots of the body codes and options for this car on 6gz This isnt a mistake, there are people on 6g who have gone to there dealers to see if this is true, and sure enough, its there.

Once the orderbanks come out i would think it would be too late to push it back a model year. May it come out very late? Sure. Will it be a 2015? Yes.

A car released in mid-15 won't be a 2015.

And you're right you don't work for ford or any of its subsidiaries.

Are you a ford dealer? No? You're not. So how do you know that order guides are always right? Oh wait. You don't know.

So until you hear otherwise, stop defending it.

Myself, DBK, and many others have been informing members here for YEARS about car releases, time frames etc. and from what I know. From Ford directly- as recently as March- the car will be out in mid 2015- not as a 15 MY.

Stable68

Established Member
A car released in mid-15 won't be a 2015.

And you're right you don't work for ford or any of its subsidiaries.

Are you a ford dealer? No? You're not. So how do you know that order guides are always right? Oh wait. You don't know.

So until you hear otherwise, stop defending it.

Myself, DBK, and many others have been informing members here for YEARS about car releases, time frames etc. and from what I know. From Ford directly- as recently as March- the car will be out in mid 2015- not as a 15 MY.

And how come you cant give us a reasonable explanation of why it is listed as a 15 model year on the order guides? Ford wouldnt send this out unless if it was a finalized decision.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
And how come you cant give us a reasonable explanation of why it is listed as a 15 model year on the order guides? Ford wouldnt send this out unless if it was a finalized decision.

It's not a final decision. It is far easier to move it back a year than to redo all the computer order guides to get one more low volume vehicle in mid year. Ford probably wants it to be a 15 however having a complete and finished product and wants are two completely different things.

And who the hell cares if it's called my 15 or my 16? It's still going to be a summer 2015 vehicle or later.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

I was a ford dealer. I've worked for ford. I currently work with Ford dealers very closely. I'm very very aware of how things work.

Users who are viewing this thread