2017 Ford F-150 Raptor

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/2016-ford-f-150-raptor-this-is-it-1678949534/+matthardigree

pmd7modfraoz4ftgftvm.png

It's got a 10-speed auto :eek:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
i like it. disappointing that it seems the ecoboost will be the only motor.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
But given the navi is at 380/460 now , this truck I'm sure will be over 400 horses too. The torque is already more then the 6.2 raptor. Having said that I agree on the V8

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
at first glance I didnt like the front but scrolling through all the pictures Im liking it more and more, I really like the rear end setup in the one or two pics you can see it

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
ECSB trucks are abominations and look horrible. The short bed should be saved the crew cab. EC should get the longer bed. WITH THAT...i love this truck. Just very hard for me to justify it over a 3/4 diesel truck from ALL of the big 3. You can get a nearly loaded King Ranch for high 50s brand new if you know what youre doing and these are about that same price range. but man i want one lol. I look forward to seeing the power numbers from whatever size eco they put into it.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
You can get a nearly loaded King Ranch for high 50s brand new if you know what youre doing and these are about that same price range. but man i want one lol. I look forward to seeing the power numbers from whatever size eco they put into it.

The trucks are oriented at such completely different performance goals, no one should be cross shopping the two regardless of price similarities. Someone who wants to tow 7K+ pounds on a regular basis won't consider the raptor, and anyone who wants to mob through the desert isn't going to consider a diesel F-250+ or equivalent. It's still a great bargain for what you get.

Edit: didn't notice the extended cab. Not a big fan of that. Would have preferred a super crew. Also, when the new super duty comes out, the price is probably going to be less comparable.

Last edited:

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT!!!!! Ford dropped some bombs today. Time to wait for some Focus news

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
The trucks are oriented at such completely different performance goals, no one should be cross shopping the two regardless of price similarities. Someone who wants to tow 7K+ pounds on a regular basis won't consider the raptor, and anyone who wants to mob through the desert isn't going to consider a diesel F-250+ or equivalent. It's still a great bargain for what you get.

Edit: didn't notice the extended cab. Not a big fan of that. Would have preferred a super crew. Also, when the new super duty comes out, the price is probably going to be less comparable.

I agree but i feel a sizable number do neither with each. I have a diesel now and tow with it but nothing a 1/2 ton cant handle for the most part (4-7k). I just like the larger ratings and power. Same with the Raptor. Some will offroad a little here and there like i would or run down a side road at 50mph but most will be pavement ponders that simply like the truck overall.

And I agree. I dont like the EC versions of the previous or upcoming year. They look odd to me.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
that's aftermarket though, ford will obviously tune the exhaust. it's not like the new ford GT(with the 3.5lTT) will sound like that obviously.

if they can get the sound of a GTR for the new GT, then all could be forgotten. but that sound is out of place on a truck.

Users who are viewing this thread