2017 GT350 Changes

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Ford has been successfully sued in the past for denial of warranty repair based solely on how they marketed the car. It was either the '00 Cobra or the '03 Cobra. Somebody blew their engine doing shenanigans, tried to get warranty repair, Ford voided the warranty, the person sued Ford. In court, he [his lawyer] showed a Cobra brochure with pictures of a Cobra doing smokey burnouts. Ford lost. He got a new engine.

Ford would have a hard time with a defense of "Well, we built this track car, but it's not really a track car. We just tell people that for marketing purposes. It's really only meant for spirited driving on country roads."

Point being it was the owner that had to prove in court their driving did not cause the failure. Ford has to prove nothing to deny warranty.

I still laugh at you thinking that your belief or feelings means more than facts or data.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Well I like how all your interpretations support your situations.

Ford's warranty does get voided for track use.
No it doesn't. Jim Owens told several of us at the Track Tour event they were all covered on track.

I popped my Boss 302 motor on track and it was fully covered. My dealer knew I tracked the car often and there were no questions asked. Shoot even one of the head guys at Ford Performance knew I popped it on track. There are several instances I personally have seen where engines blew on track were replaced under warranty.

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
If we use Nurburgring:

2015/16 Shelby GT350R @ 7:32
2015 Nissan GTR Nismo @ 7:08

why would anyone buy a nissan when you can have the hand built super car that is the viper for way less than a nismo gtr?

2016 viper acr $120k @ 7:01

nismo gtr- $150k

and that's a real time. plus production may be ending on the viper in 2017 i'd get one now if you can swing it, odd that car doesn't sell well. the 5th gen viper is sick!

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
why would anyone buy a nissan when you can have the hand built super car that is the viper for way less than a nismo gtr?

nismo gtr- $150k

and that's a real time. plus production may be ending on the viper in 2017 i'd get one now if you can swing it, odd that car doesn't sell well. the 5th gen viper is sick!

The '16 Viper ACR never ran at the n-ring.....

conceptmachine

Established Member
Wonder how close they will be to the build out dates. Says final orders in for the 2016 mustang is 3/4/16. I made contact with a dealer and he said that ford told them Sept order date for the 2017 GT350. I don't think that is right, so I emailed him and mentioned the dates listed on the "build out final order final order start up dates", where it lists it as being june 2nd. Hard to believe they would be 4 months off.

Last edited:

myshelby3425

Established Member

nismo gtr- $150k

The viper is sick, buts drives like shit on the street, feels like shit and has tons of noises. It's not the most comfortable interior, but feels like your in a cockpit.

I always convince myself just staring at it then take my buddies for a drive and just won't be able to deal with it on the daily.

If you can afford it for track only, it's great for that.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Vipers don't excite me at all. I about got a z06 a couple weeks ago, in laguna blue, turned it down. I was getting a hell of a deal too. Priced a viper and they were going to sell it to me for invoice plus 1/2 of takeback, or whatever they call it which came to about 10K off. This is on an ordered 2016 car. Just couldn't do it. They sound like crap, and frankly don't like them as much as the 350 and they are 40K less.

krt22

Established Member
Vipers don't excite me at all. I about got a z06 a couple weeks ago, in laguna blue, turned it down. I was getting a hell of a deal too. Priced a viper and they were going to sell it to me for invoice plus 1/2 of takeback, or whatever they call it which came to about 10K off. This is on an ordered 2016 car. Just couldn't do it. They sound like crap, and frankly don't like them as much as the 350 and they are 40K less.
But the ACR runs 1:29 at laguna with Probst behind the wheel, 1:29!

liter of cola

Established Member
The '16 Viper ACR never ran at the n-ring.....

http://horsepowerkings.com/rumor-di...-701-67-nurburgring-lap-time-back-in-october/

The viper is sick, buts drives like shit on the street, feels like shit and has tons of noises. It's not the most comfortable interior, but feels like your in a cockpit.

I always convince myself just staring at it then take my buddies for a drive and just won't be able to deal with it on the daily.

If you can afford it for track only, it's great for that.

what year and model does your buddy have? the one you drove. the new gts is suppose to be refined for street driving, unless it has the track package, TA package or ACR package. i've heard good things about the gts for street driving. besides who would daily a viper? that's a weekend car.

if i had the money i'd get one, plus that v10 begs for a TT setup. that v10 puts down 1000hp w/ Fi in its sleep.

plus anyone who thinks the viper v10 sounds bad just get on you tube and listen to some clips of vipers with exhaust and cam work.

Last edited:

93oh

Established Member
I wish some of you guys lived close to NYC to get a ride or Ford opened up the Drivers event for the GT350-GT350 R... You really can't imagine how well balanced this car is, the brakes are unreal and the handling is razor sharp and power is crazy because the car is strong from idle and revs forever. Docile enough to drive daily. Really a great car. Corvette is not comparable to this car in any way shape or form. And btw it feels very light. It's not of course but conveys feeling of being about 3300 pounds and we all know it isn't. Ford did an amazing job on this car.

conceptmachine

Established Member
I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this thing. Just ordered a '16 R. Who needs all the tech gadgets anyway!

conceptmachine

Established Member
But the ACR runs 1:29 at laguna with Probst behind the wheel, 1:29!
Sorry man, didn't mean to sound like a hoser. I just don't like the look of the car. I think the looks of this gen took a step back from the last. JMO! Those kinda cars aren't really my style. The mid engine vette will be the next car I feast my eyes on with desire, of course if the GT500 comes next then that will be it. I'll tear around in the R for a while first.

krt22

Established Member
Sorry man, didn't mean to sound like a hoser. I just don't like the look of the car. I think the looks of this gen took a step back from the last. JMO! Those kinda cars aren't really my style. The mid engine vette will be the next car I feast my eyes on with desire, of course if the GT500 comes next then that will be it. I'll tear around in the R for a while first.
Just messing with you as well!

conceptmachine

Established Member
I hear you man!

Getting back to the initial point of the thread. When I was ordering the car today the Ford rep said that the next order bank for '17 Rs wouldn't happen until mid summer. I don't know how true, but it's just what was mentioned to me.

On another front, the 16 R didn't come in comp orange. Wondering what color it WON'T come in with these 3 new adds for '17, but I'm going to venture a guess and say Grabber Blue.
That lightning blue is gonna be a real nice shade.

Last edited:

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I really don't follow what you are saying or if you are taking a side.

But I have an issue with expectations, and here is why:

Everything that came out about this car was picked apart (like a lot of cars).

When the rumor of Ford using the GT350 name, everyone starting talking about the replacement for the Boss as the track mustang.

When the power/torque numbers came out people griped about the overall torque and then how the curve looked. The response was that for a "track car" the power came in where you needed it and was a wide curve for track use.

When the 0-60 times and 1/4 mile speeds came in. People were that underwhelming and poor performance. Again the counter argument was "it's a track car not a drag car"

When the options came out most people complained that you couldn't get both track and tech. The consensus was that the track pack was for serious track drivers and tech package could get by on occasional track day events.

Chevy introduces the new SS and 1LE and says it's faster than the GT350, and the forum experts start talking about only in certain situations lag drag racing but it couldn't be faster on a road course.

NOW, with the Limp mode issue regarding base/tech package cars people are defending Ford like they work there. They are acting like ford was upfront and "managed our expectations" when in reality Ford never said that the Gt350 was any less of a track car than the Mustang GT or Camaro SS.

The base GT350 is not a base mustang by any measurement and the Tech GT350 is not a luxury car the Ford Defenders pretend it is. They are different levels of track capable street cars as is any other version of the GT350.
I thought it was really obvious from the get go that the tech pack cars would not be performers on the track.

I always felt they were supposed to be great street performers, where they had track level performance on the street. But super OBVIOUS that they would not be trackable without the coolers. DUH.

Lemers

Established Member

Lemers

Established Member
Nowhere on there does it ever mention the tech pack is fully track ready. It says the package is if you prefer comfort and convenience.

The very first bullet says the GT350 not the tech not the track packages, so unless specified Ford is says that all GT350s fall under what every the information is.

The later they specify the GT350R, so that info is only for the R.

Users who are viewing this thread