thatdude305

Established Member
Dodge Challenger
64,537 sold which is up 104 from 2016

Chevy Camaro
67,940 sold

Ford Mustang
81,866 sold with a 22.7% decrease in sales

Why would someone want the extra heavy Challenger or the full of blind spots, small uncomfortable cockpit of the Camaro?

Attachments

• cobra.jpg
    cobra.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 82

CV355

_
Established Member
Obviously the distribution isn't going to be perfectly even, but I seem to see far more Challengers around Upstate SC than Camaros.

Mustangs are a dime a dozen around here and seem to fall victim to untasteful modifications more than the Challengers and Camaros for some reason.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Dodge Challenger

Chevy Camaro
67,940 sold

Ford Mustang

Why would someone want the extra heavy Challenger or the full of blind spots, small uncomfortable cockpit of the Camaro?

Well some people like the bigger cars like the Challenger. Good for long road trips (comfortable ride with plenty space, a lot of metal in front of them or behind (to feel safe in wrecks), older guys who like to golf... As for the Camaro and the poor visibility, I can' state a reason for why people want the Camaro and the lower seated position. I drove one and didn't mind it too much but it was quite noticable and admittley a bit of a shock to my system since I never sit that low in the Mustangs I had. Who wins the handling contest between the latest camaro SS's and Mustang GT's btw?

Obviously the distribution isn't going to be perfectly even, but I seem to see far more Challengers around Upstate SC than Camaros.

Mustangs are a dime a dozen around here and seem to fall victim to untasteful modifications more than the Challengers and Camaros for some reason.

Yeah I see a ton of Mustangs in the area too. One of the reasons why you see more Mustang wrecks over the other 2 competitors....because everyone has one. I see a lot of the lower to base model Challengers too. I see a few base model Camaros here and there. I saw a previous generation ZL1 on the road but none of the newer ones. A couple of new SS's too.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here's my personal take on why so many Challengers are purchased, even though they are the heaviest/biggest of the three. IMO a lot has to do with the styling of these three, inside and outside. While the Challenger is getting a bit old, it is a very appealing design. When I see a late model Mustang GT/GT-500 approaching, I give it a slight nod. When I see a Camaro SS or ZL1, I give it a slight nod. When I see a Hemi/HC Challenger, I'm mesmerized. There is something about the iconic retro look of the Challenger that just grabs my attention and holds it. Yeah, it's heavier and bigger than the other two, but IMO it has the best styling. And in that helps sells this specific car. JMO.

scott_0

Established Member
I'd love to have a SRT Challenger personally, but those things are way overpriced!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Here's my personal take on why so many Challengers are purchased, even though they are the heaviest/biggest of the three. IMO a lot has to do with the styling of these three, inside and outside. While the Challenger is getting a bit old, it is a very appealing design. When I see a late model Mustang GT/GT-500 approaching, I give it a slight nod. When I see a Camaro SS or ZL1, I give it a slight nod. When I see a Hemi/HC Challenger, I'm mesmerized. There is something about the iconic retro look of the Challenger that just grabs my attention and holds it. Yeah, it's heavier and bigger than the other two, but IMO it has the best styling. And in that helps sells this specific car. JMO.

Agree. I love the Challenger's styling. When they added the 392 and a few years later gave it LED tails and HID head lights, it was a WIN WIN WIN.

Before i bought my new 2014 Coyote car, i damn near pulled the trigger on a black 2015 392 CORE Challenger. Still kind of wish i would have.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Dodge Challenger

Chevy Camaro
67,940 sold

Ford Mustang

Probably has something to do with people having different tastes?

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I liked the styling of the Challengers to a point. Of them all, the Hellcat's latest generation would be my favorite. But I would go for a Mustang and Camaro for my first and second choice. I've never sat in one but they look very comfortable, which I've seen is a huge draw for a lot of people.

Last edited:

Never_Enough

Established Member
Camaro is the better performer, that's why.

Some people are die hard Chevy. Some people are die hard Ford. Some people are die hard Mopar. Blind brand loyalty is dumb to me, but if it makes someone happy who cares? ;)

Take the performance & weight of the Camaro & put it in a wide body Challenger & then I'd buy the Challenger over the other 2.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Plus let's not forget that most people are not enthusiasts like us. They just buy what they think looks cool.

lilcoop03

Established Member
Whats with the 22.7% sales drop in Mustangs?

Are the other 2 hurting them that much or...??

Voltwings

Established Member
In my mind the Challenger doesnt even belong in this comparison; it's a GT car, not the "sports car" the other 2 are trying to be, and it makes no qualms about it.

I personally am "brand loyal" to the mustang at least (i drive a chevy truck) but if i wasnt, that camaro looks REAL good on paper.

Users who are viewing this thread