2017 Total Solar Eclipse Discussion

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
We live in Rexburg, Idaho, so will have a perfect view. Unfortunately, too many tourists are here, and still rolling in, taking a lot of fun out of the event for the locals.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Thank you Solar eclipse and all of the people who somehow all of a sudden give a shit about the sun.

You are forcing the highway patrol to halt oil operations for many companies due to you wanting to see it

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Still heading to Eastern TN, about to leave now. South Carolina looks like a bust, nothing but clouds. The area I'm going to is showing clear as of now, but it's sketchy, will have to decide on a final location in the morning I guess. Found an app called Flowx that shows the eclipse path and cloud forecast together.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
64%, but I could care less.
Same percentage here in CT, too. Monday will be most sunny, so we should get a decent eclipse. We have special eye glasses for viewing. The duration is very short; one of the shortest. It will be interesting.

Kiohtee

Established Member
All I know is I've refused to do deliveries for work tomorrow. No way, no how.

CV355

_
Established Member
The center of the band of totality goes directly over my house and workplace. 2m:37s. I mean, like dead center.

I will be playing this song at my desk at work when it happens, in the hopes that a similar scenario plays out and I get to retire early.

nxhappy

Established Member
about 80% tomorrow, i'll step outside for a bit to look

Lzr96Snake

burning up in speed
Established Member
I'm in the band of 100% totality (western ky). All of the schools around here are closed tomorrow so I'm staying home with the kids. We're looking forward to it. I'm just glad I don't have to leave the house!

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
My wife drove with (because of) her dad to a totality location about 5.5 hours away and staying at a Boy Scout camp.

I volunteered to keep our two girls and stay home. Too much driving for me, let alone our young ones.

I drive quite a bit for a living. So it's simply just not something I'm passionate about seeing at totality.

I just hope she makes it home in decent time tomorrow. Said there was zero traffic today.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
im more excited about krispy kreme doing the chocolate version of their classic donut in honor of the eclipse than the actual eclipse.

yes. im fat. :(
You're not fat. You're big boned.

FTW on the chocolate glazed donut. Got mine this morning. Freaking delicious.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I think its interesting but not a huge deal. I had to go around and remind everyone their #10/12 welding shade wasnt sufficient.

"would you think its a good idea to stare at the sun any other day? Well today isnt any different..."

Users who are viewing this thread