2017 Total Solar Eclipse Discussion

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
The moon is racist - have a look at one of the most recent pics in - NSFW That make you LOL.

Its Trumps fault.

All credit to Uncle Meat.

moon-jpg.881227

Maybe that is why CommieNewsNet said it did not happen.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I went to a coworkers this morning that lived just north of Liberty, MO. Lots of rain and clouds just before, but it cleared out enough that we saw the total eclipse and pictures don't do it justice. Something you have to see in person to appreciate. Here's one I took on my iPhone and I'll post up what she took on her DSLR later.

IMG_3198.JPG

Edit: Coworkers picture she took
eclipse.JPG

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Nope. Just someone who has more of an imagination than someone else who likes calling other people names.
Apparently this was sooooo important to you that anyone that doesn't agree with you causes you to start calling them names. That doesn't sound very mature to me.
calling you names? Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha if you are that sensitive you probably shouldn't hang around here.

KEVINS

Established Member
calling you names? Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha if you are that sensitive you probably shouldn't hang around here.

Out of ALL the first things that you could have said you chose to call someone a name and try to degrade them? You could have asked why I didn't like it or my location or many other things but instead your first thoughts was to try and degrade someone. Is this the way you prefer to live your life, slamming anyone who you disagree with? Isn't there enough hatred in this world without adding to it? Geezz.

ks

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Out of ALL the first things that you could have said you chose to call someone a name and try to degrade them? You could have asked why I didn't like it or my location or many other things but instead your first thoughts was to try and degrade someone. Is this the way you prefer to live your life, slamming anyone who you disagree with? Isn't there enough hatred in this world without adding to it? Geezz.

ks

5e9b4d465af8dee335d2f8d42451e0ed56d373b62554a68ad658ed54888b21bc.jpg

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member

ks

4ed89e22ee11e32426ff9496cb0e008f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Nope. Just someone who has more of an imagination than someone else who likes calling other people names.
Apparently this was sooooo important to you that anyone that doesn't agree with you causes you to start calling them names. That doesn't sound very mature to me.

ks
More mature than someone coming into a thread and giving his worthless opinion. What made you think anyone wanted to hear about how boring you thought it was?

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

ks

I'm gonna have to agree with RDJ. What he said shouldn't have gotten under your skin.

Were you in the path of totality?

More mature than someone coming into a thread and giving his worthless opinion. What made you think anyone wanted to hear about how boring you thought it was?

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

This is exactly the place to do so.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.

ks
Let me guess. You voted for the hildabeast and you're pro lgbqtr or what ever the **** they call it.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Well I got an inch and a half of rain. But even with all the lightning and thunder I could still tell it was getting darker. During the total eclipse time it was pretty damn dark, like it was 10 pm or so. I drank beer, I had some good food, and some cool people stopped by.. I'm gonna chalk it off as a win even thought I didn't get to actually see it. 7 outta 10, would do again even if it does rain.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Well I got an inch and a half of rain. But even with all the lightning and thunder I could still tell it was getting darker. During the total eclipse time it was pretty damn dark, like it was 10 pm or so. I drank beer, I had some good food, and some cool people stopped by.. I'm gonna chalk it off as a win even thought I didn't get to actually see it. 7 outta 10, would do again even if it does rain.

10 pm? Where the hell are you at?

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
10 pm? Where the hell are you at?

It was 2:46 pm est for us. I'm just saying with the rain and the shadow it got really dark, like it was 10pm outside and not almost 3. I bet it would have been pretty cool to experience it without the thunderstorm.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
It was 2:46 pm est for us. I'm just saying with the rain and the shadow it got really dark, like it was 10pm outside and not almost 3. I bet it would have been pretty cool to experience it without the thunderstorm.

Nice!

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I ended up about 45 min south of Knoxville in 2 minutes of totality. I had read how being in even 99% wasn't like being in 100%. I thought it was exaggeration, but didn't want to risk it. Now I get it. The view with glasses and without is completely different and you can only get away with not having the glass if it's 100%. At the end of totality I could see the sun about to come back. I put on my glasses but couldn't see anything, moved my glasses for an instant and got a look at what was probably 99.9% coverage. It instantly overwhelmed my eyes and washed out the spectacular view that had been there just 1-2 seconds before.

With glasses it's like looking at a picture. But without you can see the whole sky and see the moon just hanging there perfectly blocking the sun and the sun's corona blasting away behind it. Seeing the corona is what makes it spectacular and pictures or video just can't capture it. Definitely exceeded my high expectations and made me instantly want to see it again. Only 7 more years...

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
I will make it my mission to be in the path of totality in 2024. Yesterday was awesome, and that was only in the 96% range.

Users who are viewing this thread