2018 F-150 Is Here - Diesel Inside

snakecharmer

Established Member
Glad to see the 5 liter getting some love, and the diesel is one V6 I could deal with. **** EcoGarbage.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Will see how the 10 speed performs witht the 5.0.

My 5.0 2wd rcsb 16 is already a rocketship. The 6spd has already been proven to take massive amount of power like a champ. Hopefully the new planter will too. Might be tempted to upgrade in a couple of years.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
That annoys me as well. I had been considering a 2017 RCSB 2.7, but I think I'll hold off for now.

Not sure why they think there is no market for that?

Will see how the 10 speed performs witht the 5.0.

My 5.0 2wd rcsb 16 is already a rocketship. The 6spd has already been proven to take massive amount of power like a champ. Hopefully the new planter will too. Might be tempted to upgrade in a couple of years.

I see what you did there.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I'm glad Ford is finally doing a diesel in a 1/2 ton. But I do see a trend with them getting away from V8s... I know there's more potential and efficiency in boosted V6s, but still.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Small displacement motors look good on the EPA dyno, which is why all manufactures are trending that direction. If EPA testing actually represented real world testing, manufacturers would be going different routes.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Not sure why they think there is no market for that?

I see what you did there.

Their view of the market and the fact that they'd like to force you into a more expensive truck. Had the Tremor been a huge sales success things may be different, but this is where we find ourselves.

Coiled03

Established Member
Not sure I dig the front end.

Guess I'll keep my rusty ass '07 til I have to bury it.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Still no standard led/hid lighting as the GM twins. You have to step to the 502 package for them. Sighs...

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Figured this should go in here:

http://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-announces-2018-f-150-expedition-power-figures/

The new naturally aspirated 3.3-liter V-6 base engine in the F-150 makes 290 hp at 6,500 rpm and 265 lb-ft of torque at 2,750 rpm – that’s 8 hp and 12 lb-ft more than the 2017 model’s base 3.7-liter V-6 engine. The new engine features dual port and direct injection in place of the 3.7-liter’s port injection. A six-speed automatic backs the 3.3-liter engine.

The second-generation dual port and direct injected 2.7-liter EcoBoost V-6 now makes 325 hp at 5,000 rpm and 400 lb-ft at 2,750 rpm. Although horsepower is the same, the torque figure is up 25 lb-ft compared to before. Dual port and direct injection has also been added to the revamped 5.0-liter V-8 engine, which now makes 395 hp at 5,750 rpm and 400 lb-ft at 3,850 rpm. Ford also added spray-on bore liner technology first seen in production on the Mustang Shelby GT350/R’s 5.2-liter Voodoo flat-plane-crank V-8. By replacing the cast-iron sleeves, the technology reduces an undisclosed amount of weight.

Power for the 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6, which was redesigned for 2017, remains the same at 375 hp at 5,000 rpm and 470 lb-ft at 3,500 rpm in standard pickups and 450 hp at 5,000 rpm and 510 lb-ft at 3,500 rpm in the Raptor. Power for the all-new 3.0-liter Power Stroke turbodiesel V-6 will be announced later.

With the exception of the 3.3-liter V-6, all engines are backed by a 10-speed automatic transmission.

Ford claims that with its lightweight alloy body and more efficient new and/or revised engines, the 2018 F-150 pickup returns improved fuel economy. Estimated EPA fuel mileage will also be announced later.

No figures for the diesel engine yet.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Their view of the market and the fact that they'd like to force you into a more expensive truck. Had the Tremor been a huge sales success things may be different, but this is where we find ourselves.

The Tremor, aside from the interior, was a half hearted attempt at a sports truck. Even the 2wd had a 4wd stance.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
True, but I never leave anything stock so I saw it as a good starting point.
I actually really enjoyed mine and loved the interior. I actually wish they would make one in the new aluminum bodies. I also got it at a much cheaper price because they couldn't give them away. If I had paid MSRP I would probably be kicking myself.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I actually really enjoyed mine and loved the interior. I actually wish they would make one in the new aluminum bodies. I also got it at a much cheaper price because they couldn't give them away. If I had paid MSRP I would probably be kicking myself.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Yep, the used market is pretty soft on them too. If I was shopping DDs I'd certainly be looking at them.

Users who are viewing this thread