2018 GT500 in the wild

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
That ain't no 350. There would be no need for the camouflaged paint pattern underneath the bra. The hood is dramatically different. Ford is very concerned with secrecy on this car.

Yep, boys, that's our new GT500. First sighting. The timeline makes perfect sense. It'll get spotted on the Ring soon. Unveiled to public at LA or Detroit auto show to piss on the Camaro's parade, again.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I don't think a GT500 would look that different from a 350. Some small changes to the hood/grill/front bumper, but nothing too major.

That being said, it could also be an updated 350.

Last edited:

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
I don't think a GT500 would look that different from a 350. Some small changes to the hood/grill/front bumper, but nothing too major.

looks like an updated gt350 to m3 not a g500, maybe its a refresh being, the new camaro came out and made the current gt350 look bad being a regular ss camaro runs same 0-60 and 1/4 times. maybe its a supercharged version of the gt350? or a updated more powerful next refresh gt350

I think ford should up the gt350s power to 550-575hp n/a and have a 700-800+hp supercharged gt500.

Last edited:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member

The 350 has a lower hoodline, why would Ford be running engineering tests in the wild on a vehicle with cosmetic changes only? They wouldn't...

That hood is way different due to the need for more room under the hood for the FI powerplant.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Ford tested the 350 using a Mustang GT mule. I wouldn't be surprised if they use the last of the GT350 test cars as a basis for the new car whatever it maybe

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
WTF, my IP is banned there? I've never joined and they ban IP's and not just the member? I just looked here and there's a shit load of members here who have the same IP as me. How stupid!

That sucks, I thought I read somewhere the US ran out of IP addresses a couple of years back so duplicates are now the norm.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
looks like an updated gt350 to m3 not a g500, maybe its a refresh being, the new camaro came out and made the current gt350 look bad being a regular ss camaro runs same 0-60 and 1/4 times.

When talking about the GT350, no one really gives a shit about 0-60 and 1/4 times.

They are selling at a premium still and the Camaro is actually selling less than the Challenger. It's down 26% over last year.

I'm excited to see whatever this car is, it's aggressive.

carguy19

Established Member
No evidence of any intercooler or heat exchanger in the front end would make me guess that the car pictured is not a GT500 replacement. If it was a Turbo or SC car it would have an intercooler or heat exchanger.

Users who are viewing this thread