2018 has to be better. what was your 2017 horror stories....

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
So 2017 has to go down as the worst year I've experienced in my recent memory. It started in January with my wife's brother commiting suicide by Opiate. He was mid 20's and has always has drug issues. What prompted the final issue was he didn't get a job he was looking forward to and his GF broke up with him. Personally I can't explain, but I've never had a drug addiction or depression.

Followed that up by totaling my 99 Lightning that I had 0 plans to ever get rid of. Just literally pulled out in front of someone doing 55+ mph. Never saw him just heard brakes lock up. I was fine, but my beloved truck was done.

Then my oldest son got arrested on Mardi Gras day. Disturbing the peace and a firearm on a parade route. The AR15 was in the trunk of his car that they decided to search when they arrested him. Eventually everything was thrown out, but it cost me $2500 in lawyer fees.

Then my youngest son wrecks the 16 GT, nobody hurt but just adds to the nonsense.

Lastly and the craziest shit ever was that my oldest(19), whom had been arrested earlier in the year, decides that he and 4 of his friends are going to rob the local drug dealer. My son doesn't do drugs. Verified by the multiple drug tests he has to do to work as a contractor for refineries. Not only blood but hair samples. He's clean, just stupid. So back to the story. One of his friends does drugs and sells some also. The drug dealer they're going to rob at one point had given my son's friend a fake $100 bill. So, they arrange to go buy some weed from said drug dealer. They give him the fake $100 bill back and then chaos ensues. That guy gets with his dad and they pursue the 4 boys on a high speed chase that stops in the front of my tiny one road subdivision. The guy pulls out a hand gun and shoots several shots into the truck my son is riding in, hitting nobody at the time thankfully. They boys pull off and as they are 30 feet away they guy then pulls out a shotgun and shots two more shots, hitting the truck and some of the buckshot grazed my son's leg. This entire time my son had his AR15 with him in the truck, as they were going coyote hunting. At this point he fires multiple times back hitting the truck the other people are in, nobody injured. And the boys flee. Cops are called. Eventually everyone is arrested, my son with charges of 2 counts of attempted murder, along with unlawful discharge, criminal damage to property, etc.....His friends are charged with simple burglary, conspiracy, etc...The other truck is charged with 4 counts of attempted murder. My son is hit with about $200K in fines and of course the possibility of doing real time. I decide it's best for him to think about the shit he gets into, pay for an attorney to fight the charges instead of losing $24K to bail him out. He ends up in jail for 50 days until all charges are finally dropped against him and his friends. Where the gun fight took place the house has cameras showing everything which shows their story as being correct and being a case of self defense. From what I understand the first crime burglary doesn't follow the 2nd crime of the attempted murder as they were in different locations. He was released before Thanksgiving and I was counting the days to get out of 2017. The AR is gone, partial payment to his attorney. He has been much smarter about choices since that point, has gone back to work as a contractor. He also doesn't deal with the friend anymore that instigated this.

I hope that 2018 goes smooth.

@Zemedici

Zemedici

Established Member
Holy.

****ing.

Shit.

Dude.

My god. Glad everything shook out. Let’s hope 2018 is much better than 2017. And I though my year sucked....your boys injuries heal up ok? And man he needs to make better friends....robbing a guy over $100?

And how is your wife?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Holy.

****ing.

Shit.

Dude.

My god. Glad everything shook out. Let’s hope 2018 is much better than 2017. And I though my year sucked....your boys injuries heal up ok? And man he needs to make better friends....robbing a guy over $100?

And how is your wife?

She's held up well. I told you a while back I had some shit that was going down but didn't want to post anything till it all shook out.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
My wife's mom went on a crazy streak and everyone cut ties with her except for my wife. I'm hoping she doesn't pull any stunts again.

A couple people in my family passed away last year, and odds are 1or 2 more will pass away in the very near future.

But my wife should graduate from school this year and she's gonna make more money than I do, and I thought I got paid well as an engineer in socal lol.

Rare40th

Established Member
Damn that's f'ing crazy. I definitely don't have anything on that. Couple of friendships of over 20 years down the drain, lost a family friend to breast cancer in September, had a friend commit suicide and lost another to a car accident that was just plain stupid leaving behind his wife, daughter and baby on the way.
Got rear ended by a drunk driver with my dad, Dad ended up with a concussion and rotator cuff issues. Hopefully that all ends soon. I walked away harmless so I feel guilty at times seeing the old man struggle with things and not really be able to enjoy golf and such that he loves.

But my year ended on a high note, so I hope 2018 is for the better not only for me but for everyone. Including you @black99lightnin and @Zemedici

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
well that certainly makes my 2017 year sound Great now!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
@black99lightnin good lord man, glad the kid is still alive and not spending a long time locked up.

worst part of 17 has probably been finally firing a cousin from the family business and he's been a real pain in everyone's ass ever since. Him causing our grandmother so much grief has everyone about one step from kicking his ass. The dude needs a shrink and some meds but everyone else is the problem, hes just fine and done no wrong

SirShaun

Established Member
Single income, wife and 2 kids to provide for and almost lost it all in 2017. 6 months out of work, wiped out my savings and 401k. At about the 4 month mark, I signed an pretty awesome offer letter with Accenture, figured it was in the bag, turned down another offer in the process, and the day before fingerprints, hiring freeze terminated my position, which I had never started. Broke, and out of options, I started the job search again, and lucked out. May not be making as much as I could, but it comes with growth and new experience.

Last edited:

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
My wife tried cooking chicken under brick in a gas grill.
She ****in literally put a piece of chicken on top of an actual brick and try to cook it.
The fighting that ensued lasted for days as she is supposed to be a gourmet chef.

Now I am scarred for life.

That's actually not the first time I have heard of that. It sounds odd, but it's a real thing

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I had a great 2017. Business was great, lots of new opportunities showed up out of nowhere, we found out we are expecting our third kid... not much to complain about. Hopefully 2018 can continue the momentum.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, some crazy shit for your 19 year old.

2017 I had a baby.
Bought another Raptor and a supercharger.
Work picked up big time and raises followed.

would be stoked if 18 was the same if not better.

Coiled03

Established Member
Got nothing on OP. Just some issues with my daughter's behavior in 1st grade that we're trying to work through. I mean, having to go to a job I hate every day sucks. But it's nothing compared to what OP went through.

2018 is shaping up to suck, though.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
So 2017 has to go down as the worst year I've experienced in my recent memory. It started in January with my wife's brother commiting suicide by Opiate. He was mid 20's and has always has drug issues. What prompted the final issue was he didn't get a job he was looking forward to and his GF broke up with him. Personally I can't explain, but I've never had a drug addiction or depression.

Followed that up by totaling my 99 Lightning that I had 0 plans to ever get rid of. Just literally pulled out in front of someone doing 55+ mph. Never saw him just heard brakes lock up. I was fine, but my beloved truck was done.

Then my oldest son got arrested on Mardi Gras day. Disturbing the peace and a firearm on a parade route. The AR15 was in the trunk of his car that they decided to search when they arrested him. Eventually everything was thrown out, but it cost me $2500 in lawyer fees.

Then my youngest son wrecks the 16 GT, nobody hurt but just adds to the nonsense.

Lastly and the craziest shit ever was that my oldest(19), whom had been arrested earlier in the year, decides that he and 4 of his friends are going to rob the local drug dealer. My son doesn't do drugs. Verified by the multiple drug tests he has to do to work as a contractor for refineries. Not only blood but hair samples. He's clean, just stupid. So back to the story. One of his friends does drugs and sells some also. The drug dealer they're going to rob at one point had given my son's friend a fake $100 bill. So, they arrange to go buy some weed from said drug dealer. They give him the fake $100 bill back and then chaos ensues. That guy gets with his dad and they pursue the 4 boys on a high speed chase that stops in the front of my tiny one road subdivision. The guy pulls out a hand gun and shoots several shots into the truck my son is riding in, hitting nobody at the time thankfully. They boys pull off and as they are 30 feet away they guy then pulls out a shotgun and shots two more shots, hitting the truck and some of the buckshot grazed my son's leg. This entire time my son had his AR15 with him in the truck, as they were going coyote hunting. At this point he fires multiple times back hitting the truck the other people are in, nobody injured. And the boys flee. Cops are called. Eventually everyone is arrested, my son with charges of 2 counts of attempted murder, along with unlawful discharge, criminal damage to property, etc.....His friends are charged with simple burglary, conspiracy, etc...The other truck is charged with 4 counts of attempted murder. My son is hit with about $200K in fines and of course the possibility of doing real time. I decide it's best for him to think about the shit he gets into, pay for an attorney to fight the charges instead of losing $24K to bail him out. He ends up in jail for 50 days until all charges are finally dropped against him and his friends. Where the gun fight took place the house has cameras showing everything which shows their story as being correct and being a case of self defense. From what I understand the first crime burglary doesn't follow the 2nd crime of the attempted murder as they were in different locations. He was released before Thanksgiving and I was counting the days to get out of 2017. The AR is gone, partial payment to his attorney. He has been much smarter about choices since that point, has gone back to work as a contractor. He also doesn't deal with the friend anymore that instigated this.

I hope that 2018 goes smooth.

@Zemedici

Wow. That is a rough year.

I hope your son appreciates the fact he's getting a 2nd chance at life and makes the right choices from here.

Lost both of my dogs.
:(

I truly feel for you man. I've alway had dogs but the 3 I have now give me more joy at this point in my life than anything else.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
2017 was a rough year personally, good buddy I had known for years committed suicide late last January, he was 36. He had recently gotten divorced and was in a relationship with a beautiful woman that he planned on marrying, no note or any real warning, just decided to shoot himself.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Wow. That is a rough year.

I hope your son appreciates the fact he's getting a 2nd chance at life and makes the right choices from here.

he seems to much less a thrill seeker. He is still trying daily to destroy the GTO.....but I truly believes he understands he's luck to be alive and that sitting in jail is not where he wants to be.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Also it seem's 2017 was a full moon year for a lot of us. Here's to a much better 2018

8Mw6d.gif

Users who are viewing this thread