2018 intake & tune

CobraG

Established Member
I'm looking at Lethal Performance right now for a 2018 intake manifold and either an nGauage or SCT X4 tuner with a tune from Lund.
Is it worth the extra $ to get the manifold ported? What kind of gains have y'all seen for those who've done it, ported and not ported
My Mustang is not a daily driver nor a track car, it's just a car we (wife @ I) like to drive occasionally. I'd like to squeeze whatever power I can out of it though, just to add to the fun factor of having it.
I'm not mechanically inclined though so I'll have to have a place install the manifold. Not sure how much that costs.

CobraG

Established Member
Probably posted it here since OP has a 2013.

What all mods do you have done to the motor?

It has the following:
LT headers
JLT RAI
MagnaPax
Not sure about the brand, but an X pipe

I bought the car with these mods, however, it did not come with a handheld device or documentation about a tune so I have no idea what kind of tune or who did the tune.

Sorry about that, I should put that in my signature block. It is a 2013 5.0.

TVSed GT

Established Member
Check out VMPs intake manifold shootout on YouTube. I believe they had a ported 2018 as part of that comparison but I could be wrong.

noldevin

Established Member
Porting is worth 5-10hp.
Just don't watch that VMP video and expect to keep up with an equally modded cobra jet car because you won't lol.

CobraG

Established Member
If porting is worth an additional 5-10 hp, how much power does a non ported intake typically add?

Stang Lover

Established Member
If porting is worth an additional 5-10 hp, how much power does a non ported intake typically add?

Most 18 mani full exhaust E85 guys are around 435ish. I would send your manifold to Brett Barber with Air Flow Solutions out in AZ. That's who VMP uses for their port services.

Users who are viewing this thread