2018+ mustang, thoughts on options?

Dusten

Established Member
Those of you have the 2018+ What options did you get that you don't use? How about options you wish you'd got?

When i move back to WA next year I am getting what in all likely hood will be a used 2018, A10 car.

Im generally buy pretty well optioned vehicles, but Since I won't be able to pick and choose as much I figured I'd see what people though about the cars they have.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
That 10 speed is so nice. Not talking about the mustang, but damn that transmission. You can program it per the owner manual on the 150 to lock out gears.

Dusten

Established Member
Everybody harps on 50k mustangs, here’s my 2018:

301A
3.15 rear
A10

Mine is magnetic with black interior. Car was $33k before TTL.

A set of Poverty Stars, tint, and some Mickeys and I’m cool for a while running mid to high 11s bone stock.

The car is a dd. I wont be swapping anything out.

That said the 301a wont cut it in my world. I cant stand base cars.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
we found a 2018 just as we would build it on a lot a couple hours away, so we had our local dealership to a dealer trade for us. It's a base car, with the only 2 options we wanted: 301a and Black Accent Pkg. We both prefer cloth, and the 301a pkg included Sync3 with the big screen, aluminum toggles w/ drive modes, dual climate, 9 speaker audio, and mood lighting.

The only option we really wavered on was the Active Exhaust. I think Quiet Mode would come in handy in the mornings and on long highway trips.

We ever so slightly wavered on the A10, but we got the MT82 and I'm glad we did. My last 2 toys (built 2000 Lightning and 2004 Mustang GT) were auto cars. I love how a properly built auto can handle big power, and fully realize that newer autos (especially the 10 speed!) are quicker in the 1/4... but I've come to realize that we (and my friends) don't drag race a fraction of what we used to; and the daily enjoyment of rowing the gears has been VERY rewarding. I've really missed it. I'm very glad I got the M6 transmission.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The 2018 cars should be on sale since the 19s are already in the lots. Wouldnt be surprised if you can land a premium 18 for under $40k.

scott_0

Established Member
we found a 2018 just as we would build it on a lot a couple hours away, so we had our local dealership to a dealer trade for us. It's a base car, with the only 2 options we wanted: 301a and Black Accent Pkg. We both prefer cloth, and the 301a pkg included Sync3 with the big screen, aluminum toggles w/ drive modes, dual climate, 9 speaker audio, and mood lighting.

The only option we really wavered on was the Active Exhaust. I think Quiet Mode would come in handy in the mornings and on long highway trips.

We ever so slightly wavered on the A10, but we got the MT82 and I'm glad we did. My last 2 toys (built 2000 Lightning and 2004 Mustang GT) were auto cars. I love how a properly built auto can handle big power, and fully realize that newer autos (especially the 10 speed!) are quicker in the 1/4... but I've come to realize that we (and my friends) don't drag race a fraction of what we used to; and the daily enjoyment of rowing the gears has been VERY rewarding. I've really missed it. I'm very glad I got the M6 transmission.

how's the mt82 holding up thus far? no shift fork issues yet?........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Drove a 2018 PP 2 a few weeks ago with cloth Recaros. Awesome car. Price tag was $48k but with dealer discounts and Ford rebate it would have been $43k plus tax & title. I was looking at the tires and marveled that when they need replaced, you're going to have to take out a second mortgage!

I liked the exhaust modes and the seats. Those would be "must haves" for me along with the PP.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Drove a 2018 PP 2 a few weeks ago with cloth Recaros. Awesome car. Price tag was $48k but with dealer discounts and Ford rebate it would have been $43k plus tax & title. I was looking at the tires and marveled that when they need replaced, you're going to have to take out a second mortgage!

I liked the exhaust modes and the seats. Those would be "must haves" for me along with the PP.

You ain't lying, buddy just bought a Lightning Blue PP2 car and brought it over this weekend. Those Michelin PS Cup 2 tires are going to cost a pretty penny. He plans on taking them off and storing them, just using some regular pilots etc

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
That 10 speed is so nice. Not talking about the mustang, but damn that transmission. You can program it per the owner manual on the 150 to lock out gears.

if its anything like my current F150 theres just an up/down arrow on the shifter, each press down takes away a gear. I just leave in with 3 gears going down some hills/mountains in NC and it holds 35mph all the way down.

I think the wife is looking at a GT, A10, premium package and active exhaust.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You ain't lying, buddy just bought a Lightning Blue PP2 car and brought it over this weekend. Those Michelin PS Cup 2 tires are going to cost a pretty penny. He plans on taking them off and storing them, just using some regular pilots etc
Store them for what?

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Store them for what?

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

He wants to use them for HPDE etc, rather than burn them up on the street.

On another note...Love this Lighting Blue, been green with envy since he brought it by this weekend.

wtvgo9.jpg

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
how's the mt82 holding up thus far? no shift fork issues yet?........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So far it's been flawless. Granted it still hasn't cracked 600 miles yet, and I haven't tried a no lift shift yet... but I have been a little aggressive and so far so good.

I'll be lying if I didn't say it was in the back of my mind though. If it makes it through a couple trips to the dragstrip I'll put it behind me

Sent from my SM-J727V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread