2018 PP1 401A menu question

LavaSlide

Established Member
I am sorry but for the life of me I can not figure this out. Window sticker and somewhere on the paperwork said my car had an alarm on it.

In the menu system under advanced settings there is an option for the alarm to ask on exit? What is it supposed to do when you exit. The options are to ask on exit which it doesn't seem to ask me anything.

What am I missing? How do I know if it is armed or disarmed?

svt04cobra1

Established Member
If your model has the alarm feature and you did not shut it off on your display, the way you arm and disarm is to lock and unlock the car. Give it at least 30 sec to a min after you lock the doors to let the alarm arm. You can check to see if its working by rolling down your windows, arm / lock the car, then open the door from the inside. This will simulate a break in and cause the alarm to sound if its working.

LavaSlide

Established Member
Will try this. What is the option to ask on exit? What is it supposed to ask me and when?
If your model has the alarm feature and you did not shut it off on your display, the way you arm and disarm is to lock and unlock the car. Give it at least 30 sec to a min after you lock the doors to let the alarm arm. You can check to see if its working by rolling down your windows, arm / lock the car, then open the door from the inside. This will simulate a break in and cause the alarm to sound if its working.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

svt04cobra1

Established Member
Will try this. What is the option to ask on exit? What is it supposed to ask me and when?

When you shut off your car it should be on the display for Perimeter or All Sensors. I always leave mine on All. That way if it senses glass breakage or a large impact it will sound the alarm.

LavaSlide

Established Member
I do not ever see that. I will uncheck the option to see if that changes it.
When you shut off your car it should be on the display for Perimeter or All Sensors. I always leave mine on All. That way if it senses glass breakage or a large impact it will sound the alarm.

LavaSlide

Established Member
I do not have that with the ask on exit or checked or not checked.

I am thinking something is not configured right or something is disconnected.

LavaSlide

Established Member
Well not sure what the issue is but seems something may not be working. Here is what's listed on the window sticker. Says Perimeter Alarm but like I said nothing pops up on the cluster to ask me anything.
c75b9dc8e05728d6c38c97d33b9f4e75.jpg

LavaSlide

Established Member
should mine prompt me for the settings?

I know there is a setting for this in the menu. I also know there are different alarm setups that come stock.

Users who are viewing this thread