2018 Whipple Mustang GT VS 725whp boosted vette

JJackson515

Established Member

He wanted to do a 40 Roll. I figured why not as my car is really untested with getting things worked out over the winter. The mustang is still on 93 octane. All the vette guy said is that he is 725whp on e-85, procharged.

Excited to see what the car has in her with the most recent mods that are waiting to go on.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I think that is stock. It's prudent to upgrade those anyway, and by themselves they don't add HP
Question is when those do get upgraded what is the limit of the stock internals? I'm taking that guys mods, plus a twin turbo kit. I wonder how much power it can push and for how long?

JJackson515

Established Member
Question is when those do get upgraded what is the limit of the stock internals? I'm taking that guys mods, plus a twin turbo kit. I wonder how much power it can push and for how long?

thats a great question. I have seen numerous dyno videos of 1200hp+ with a stock block, but thats just that, a video. You dont hear much on longevity of these at the track being used at that power. Im trying to max out the Whipple to see what it will be good for. In the meantime, im getting ready to piece together a built setup to have ready to go whenever she lets go.

edit: FWIW - Nick said he would warranty out my block. @13COBRA

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
It is absolutely stupid what a forced induction Gen 3 A10 car is capable of. I want one so bad.

Nice kill BTW.

Oil pump gears and crank gears don't have a horsepower limit, per se. They're just susceptible to breaking via high impact vibrations (including but not limited to missing a gear and redlining). While you won't find many auto cars with OPG/CG failures, a belt driven power adder definitely raises your chances of one. It's mostly blower stick cars though.

Those pieces taken care of otherwise, the general consensus safe place for a gen 2/3 car seems to be 800HP. There are some living at 900-1000HP on the street though. It's actually what I attribute my car's longevity to.

Users who are viewing this thread