2019 GT 350 velocity blue paint correction

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Cool, I like that sealant, easy to use, super slick and glows nicely! Well done, looks very nice.
Very user friendly. I like that it can sit on the car for 30-45 minutes. So I put it on the whole car, then did the removal process.

I appreciate it!

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Looks great! And the process is definitely a science. There's no "one size fits all" in my experience. Paints vary and what yields good results on one car doesn't on the next. I'll bet you run into that more so once you get to the Cobra. I did mine a year or two ago and I just couldn't get as much of the swirls and fine imperfections out of it like I could with other paints. Older paint might be "harder?" I don't know the specifics, just that I'm still not happy with how it turned out.

I used Pinnacle Sovereign years back and kinda felt it was overrated. Yeah it looked great after two coats, but I think that can be said even for a wax half the price. I even tried the next notch up (Synergy Black Label?) and still thought it was so-so. My expectations were probably too high, though.

Undrdog The Sauce Pro is my favorite finisher these days. Easy on, easy off. 24-hour cure. Even the total amateur eyes of the car owners I've used it on have noticed that depth and gloss increase as it cures. I've done at least a handful of cars with it and have yet to be unsatisfied. They say it's more like a non-stick Teflon coating from a frying pan than a ceramic. Not sure that matters much, but it looks great, is silky smooth, and is hydrophobic nonetheless. lol

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks great! And the process is definitely a science. There's no "one size fits all" in my experience. Paints vary and what yields good results on one car doesn't on the next. I'll bet you run into that more so once you get to the Cobra. I did mine a year or two ago and I just couldn't get as much of the swirls and fine imperfections out of it like I could with other paints. Older paint might be "harder?" I don't know the specifics, just that I'm still not happy with how it turned out.

I used Pinnacle Sovereign years back and kinda felt it was overrated. Yeah it looked great after two coats, but I think that can be said even for a wax half the price. I even tried the next notch up (Synergy Black Label?) and still thought it was so-so. My expectations were probably too high, though.

Undrdog The Sauce Pro is my favorite finisher these days. Easy on, easy off. 24-hour cure. Even the total amateur eyes of the car owners I've used it on have noticed that depth and gloss increase as it cures. I've done at least a handful of cars with it and have yet to be unsatisfied. They say it's more like a non-stick Teflon coating from a frying pan than a ceramic. Not sure that matters much, but it looks great, is silky smooth, and is hydrophobic nonetheless. lol
Good info.

I'm actually debating on going over our 90 7 up edition vert. It's paint is in rough shape, and some flaws won't be able to fix with a paint correction.

But maybe the wife will like it more once I make it look nicer.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread