2020 Corvette Mid-Engine, 0-60 under 3, starts under $60,000.

Ls2BluGoat

200,000 mile club
Established Member
I always laugh at benchracers who compare HP figures. Seriously? Who the flying hell cares what it makes stock, when almost everyone is going to mod the hell out of it, putting it in "whoever spends the most, wins" category. Numbers games are useless- I found that out the hard way in 2010 when I hit the 4-digit club and went "wow, this sucks."

It's an amazing car, GM knocked it out of the park, I hope it isn't plagued with "1st-gen" design/engineering issues. Do I regret getting an '18 GT vs a '20 C8? Nope. I'm hoping my father test drives a C8 and decides it's perfect for him in retirement.

You can run a quick search on here, and I've said it many times. The Grand Sport C7 is the biggest bang for the buck out there at the moment, until the C8 hits the streets. I'm still a Mustang guy, but that doesn't mean I can't respect what GM did. Just wish they'd pay back their bailout money.
Quit living under a rock, bail out has been paid back for the last few years.
sorry guys, its more than a few HP to get that #, and performance costs money.. especially when the "list goes on and on:"

View attachment 1588400
False

490/465 from a non Z51 base

495/470 from a Z51 with NPP exhaust that adds the extra 5hp/5tq

Straight from the horses mouth during Jay Leno’s interview with the C8.

Oops

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Who else want nothing to do with electric. It's the death of flame throwing exhaust.

I feel sorry for those in a post V8 world.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Who else want nothing to do with electric. It's the death of flame throwing exhaust.

I'll survive as long as they have performance based electric cars.

Give me the range/charge time close to internal combustion engines and I'll think about it.

nickf2005

Established Member
I'll survive as long as they have performance based electric cars.

Give me the range/charge time close to internal combustion engines and I'll think about it.
I've come to terms with this. At 32, I'd be naive to think that I won't be dependent on electric to satisfy my speed needs later in life (retirement).

As you said, give me equal or greater performance and range I'll be happy. However, I think there should be concerns around recharge. I have some optimism on that though based on some of the technology I'm seeing in warehouse equipment and recharge time of fork lifts. Some are getting 4 hours of use off 15 minute charges.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blk02edge

Established Member

I currently have absolutely zero interest plus hate for all electric cars regardless of performance. I just hope i dont HAVE to adapt in my life time. Im OK with hybrids though

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I currently have absolutely zero interest plus hate for all electric cars regardless of performance. I just hope i dont HAVE to adapt in my life time. Im OK with hybrids though

It just wouldn’t be the same. Sound is a huge part of the experience. Driving electric would be like ****ing a mute!

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
It just wouldn’t be the same. Sound is a huge part of the experience. Driving electric would be like ****ing a mute!
Then we can argue which car is faster around a track after autonomous mode only has been rolled out.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I hope everyone that buys an electric mustang or corvette goes right to an App Store or vendor and gets a 100 decibel v8 sound simulation deal put on the car.

I wouldn’t own the cars I own if they sounded like vacuum cleaners or were silent.

blk02edge

Established Member
buddy of mine did a race in the Jag ipace series down in mexico and our group turned it on to watch, within 2 seconds of it starting we split our guts laughing at how ******* gay racing was with that toy RC car sound.

The sounds and smells can not be replaced by any amount of performance.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
It's why I have no interest in a Coyote. Sounds like ass.
I hope everyone that buys an electric mustang or corvette goes right to an App Store or vendor and gets a 100 decibel v8 sound simulation deal put on the car.

I wouldn’t own the cars I own if they sounded like vacuum cleaners or were silent.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

I built my modular up in 2015 as the coyotes were really getting good mainly for the sound. I could have gone coyote swap but the firing order on the modular sound better to me

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
It's gotta be the heads. Whatever Ford is doing to make power is making the engines sound awful.

Ecoboost I4, the V6, V8, none of these sound good compared to their peers.
I built my modular up in 2015 as the coyotes were really getting good mainly for the sound. I could have gone coyote swap but the firing order on the modular sound better to me

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
It's gotta be the heads. Whatever Ford is doing to make power is making the engines sound awful.

Regarding the Coyote, the firing order changed from previous mod motors, think that has a lot to do with the way they sound. IMHO I-4 and V-6 have always sounded like garbage.

Mod Motor 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8
Coyotes 1-5-4-8-6-3-7-2

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Then you haven’t done the exhaust right. Many 5.0 cars sound fantastic. I do agree that the ol’ modulars tend to sound better, though.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

That could be. Scavenging sets the exhaust and can make tuning it harder. Exhaust tuning in itself is also a huge area for improvement on the smaller engines. The coyote isn’t godly to hear but the 6’s and 4’s are pretty hard to like unless you own one.

Hennessy says they spent a while with the v6tt raptor trying to make it sound decent. They allegedly said forget the last few hp.

I know the firing order on the coyote is old school, where the mod mills are unique.

Coyote 15486372
Modular 13726548

Firewall
4 8
3 7
2 6
1 5
Fan

It’s why modulars sound really relaxed and smooth but I like it better.

Eco boost6 is 142536
Gtr vr38dett is 123456
Both assuming 135 246 spreads from radiator to firewall.
Ie

Firewall
5 6
3 4
1 2
Fan

Eco boost 4 cyl needs some time in the sound booth...

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Again it’s different amateur drivers driving on different days with different conditions. LL has zero accuracy for the true capabilities of the cars performance.
Its definitely amateur drivers, with GM sending Jim Mero, same guy that broke the track record (24hour testing) at VIR beating the Ford GT. Not really a fair comparison.
That guy recently retired but spent more time than anyone in corvettes.
I would say the LL times are accurate for GM cars, because they send their driver to do the laps.

That ZR1 time and 720S is close, but at laguna seca its almost a 3-second difference.

Users who are viewing this thread