2020 Details From Ford Racing

Snoopy49

Established Member
The tech package is the one I don't really think is worth it. I mean, if you order the Recaro seats, which I feel like most people would, I know I did, then the power seats are no longer true, correct? You are back to manual seats anyway.

The navigation while handy, we live in a world where we always have our phones. And that is more than enough. Sync the phone to the car, and boom, navigation that is more up to date then the preloaded maps that come with builtin nav systems.

That leaves you with what, better sound system and puddle lamps? lol.

Am I wrong about the seats?

The description is a little confusing. I think it adds a 3 memory settings function to the power sport seats. It applies to GT350's with the optional sport seat & GT500's with standard sport seat. If you have Recaro's, no memory for you.

Last edited:

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
So that's where all that white dust comes from when you get in an accident?
Yes, it's a new Takata design. Instead of the airbags spraying the occupants of the car with shrapnel, 4 ounces of coke is air-dispersed for immediate pain relief, and to ensure first responders understand you're under the influence of drugs, therefore any insurance claim will be nulified. This sounded funnier in my head....

LostM

Established Member
The tech package is the one I don't really think is worth it. I mean, if you order the Recaro seats, which I feel like most people would, I know I did, then the power seats are no longer true, correct? You are back to manual seats anyway.

The navigation while handy, we live in a world where we always have our phones. And that is more than enough. Sync the phone to the car, and boom, navigation that is more up to date then the preloaded maps that come with builtin nav systems.

That leaves you with what, better sound system and puddle lamps? lol.

Am I wrong about the seats?

I think your right, and I use the Synch 3 in my f150 ('17), which i find is better than Fords nav in my explorer )'17), but again, at the end of the day, id rather have it and not need it, than need it once, or a prospective buyer want it 10 years from now, and me not have it

Thanks, I am really looking forward to driving it.
I feel sorry for the guys that are currently married, a wife is not likely to go for your pre-2020 GT500, but you don't stand a chance with the 2020, as soon she realizes it has an automatic transmission, you will be lucky to get visitation privileges. Just ask any Corvette owner.

When I get a new car, she gets a new car, thats our deal

Surfergeek

Established Member
Give me all the bells and whistles!!! Don't be afraid of the extras. What a grand or two when spending that much?

Tom
That's pretty much where I was. I left the tech package off of my initial order for my base GT500 because I didn't see the value since I was adding Recaro's also. But after further consideration, went ahead and added it. Plus BLIS is actually very useful.

Users who are viewing this thread