2020 gt500 10.6 run at Atco

Njtony

Established Member
Had the pleasure of watching a 2020 gt500 run three 10.6's at atco today.
Shot one of the runs on my camera.

Last edited by a moderator:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Nice run. Just wondering do you know for sure it was bone stock? Or just looked bone stock?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, three 10.60's in a row?!?!?
Very impressive, especially if bone stock!

Njtony

Established Member
The owner said it was stock. It did not have drag radials on it. Think it had toyo tires on it.
Guess I should change the thread title now that I think of it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The owner said it was stock. It did not have drag radials on it. Think it had toyo tires on it.
Guess I should change the thread title now that I think of it.
Fixed for you

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
That maybe stangmodes car.

Nice runs. I love that the launch control on the car is smart enough to where you can run a sticky handling tire and pull of 1.5 to 1.7 60’ foot times.

The overall package of the gt500 is very impressive

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
Great runs, great channel, great car.

•r888r’s
•stock tune
•o/r careless x
•lid was off.

He would have probably ran 10.4@133 with a 1.58-1.63 60ft imo with the lid on.

From what I’ve deduced, the lid off helps above 7000rpm when the engine needs tons of oxygen but hurts at low speed when the engine needs the tighter smaller air tract to focus air in. At 10-40mph, that box is getting heavily pressurized and easily working as a ram air. By 7000rpm, it’s a slight limitation imo.

Engine goes from enjoying some air to get it accelerating quicker to being able to swallow maybe twice what that box holds above 7500rpm per second

Thats my thesis, I’m sticking with it

paluka21

Established Member
Great runs, great channel, great car.

•r888r’s
•stock tune
•o/r careless x
•lid was off.

He would have probably ran 10.4@133 with a 1.58-1.63 60ft imo with the lid on.

From what I’ve deduced, the lid off helps above 7000rpm when the engine needs tons of oxygen but hurts at low speed when the engine needs the tighter smaller air tract to focus air in. At 10-40mph, that box is getting heavily pressurized and easily working as a ram air. By 7000rpm, it’s a slight limitation imo.

Engine goes from enjoying some air to get it accelerating quicker to being able to swallow maybe twice what that box holds above 7500rpm per second

Thats my thesis, I’m sticking with it

Agreed, I am impressed as well. I think he also had the passenger seat and back seats out for weight savings, but that cannot be worth very much.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Me Hulk!! GT-500 screaming like the beast that it is. I'm really happy that the GT-500 is such a solid performer. Ford did a stand-up job all around. Those who actually own one....my hat's off to you all! Enjoy your treasures!
upload_2020-2-25_17-41-45.png

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Ok, I'm bored cause I can't drive my ZR1 yet with the crappy local weather that we still have here in Toronto.

So SM with a non stock base car runs a 10.64@134mph, meanwhile go back a couple months and Tob's favorite youtuber (punchable face kid) in his 2 day old 1000 mile car (and it looks to be totally bone stock) was able to run 10.66@133mph (11mins into his video down below) somewhere in Texas on his way back to California driving the car home.

Once again SM with his car (going by what he mentioned in his video):

has Toyo R888R tires
AF lid off
removed rear seat (can't confirm the removal of pass. seat, can't see anything in video)

Meanwhile SP's car:

looks totally stock right down to the PS4S rear tires, running the wickers up front and Gurney flap in back (SM doesn't have those parts installed on Hulk). He has the front tires pumped up to 41psi and rears @ 24psi. On the last run I don't even see Austin flicking the right paddle to upshift it looks like totally auto mode and the car was doing the upshifts.

So a guy who claims that he has no knowledge on how to run a car down the dragstrip (SP) runs almost the same times totally stock as a guy that's lightly modded his car, what's wrong with this picture????

The difference may be the track (maybe that track SP ran is prepped better than Atco), the higher mph in Hulk's car is probably due to him not running the wickers and flap that was on SP's car. I've ran @ Atco and it's a pretty good track for prep, I'm not familiar with the track SP ran his 500.

However, when you check mag tests of this car they run low to mid 11's...………….WTF???? Is it that this car can only run a # at a track that has a prepped surface but everywhere else it falls flat???? Something doesn't jive or somebody is covering up something on what they did to their GT500 to run these mid 10 times.

Tony

Last edited:

Cman01

hello
Established Member
•r888r’s
•stock tune
•o/r careless x
•lid was off.

What is a o/r careless x???? In his video he never mentioned he did a cat delete. SM also said he isn't tuned so if he !cats the car wouldn't run very well. Maybe you meant resonator delete X pipe again no where in the video did he say he did that mod.

He should be running better times if he had all 4 of those mods + his !rear seat mod, compared to SP mostly stock car run (or Austin did something to his car and passed it off as being stock).

Like I said, something doesn't jive.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Pretty sure Steeda ran a 10.7 in theirs at SGMP but I don’t know if it’s a base car or a CF car.

Edit - it was a CF car.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty sure Steeda ran a 10.7 in theirs at SGMP but I don’t know if it’s a base car or a CF car.

Edit - it was a CF car.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Sounds about right.
In good air at good tracks, these are 10.6-7s cars stock.
Until they can launch harder (TCM unlock), that’s all you’re going to get stock.
The trans also holds back modified cars, but they all show strong trap mph, so it’s making steam.
-J

Voltwings

Established Member
Ok, I'm bored cause I can't drive my ZR1 yet with the crappy local weather that we still have here in Toronto.

So SM with a non stock base car runs a 10.64@134mph, meanwhile go back a couple months and Tob's favorite youtuber (punchable face kid) in his 2 day old 1000 mile car (and it looks to be totally bone stock) was able to run 10.66@133mph (11mins into his video down below) somewhere in Texas on his way back to California driving the car home.

Once again SM with his car (going by what he mentioned in his video):

has Toyo R888R tires
AF lid off
removed rear seat (can't confirm the removal of pass. seat, can't see anything in video)

Meanwhile SP's car:

looks totally stock right down to the PS4S rear tires, running the wickers up front and Gurney flap in back (SM doesn't have those parts installed on Hulk). He has the front tires pumped up to 41psi and rears @ 24psi. On the last run I don't even see Austin flicking the right paddle to upshift it looks like totally auto mode and the car was doing the upshifts.

So a guy who claims that he has no knowledge on how to run a car down the dragstrip (SP) runs almost the same times totally stock as a guy that's lightly modded his car, what's wrong with this picture????

The difference may be the track (maybe that track SP ran is prepped better than Atco), the higher mph in Hulk's car is probably due to him not running the wickers and flap that was on SP's car. I've ran @ Atco and it's a pretty good track for prep, I'm not familiar with the track SP ran his 500.

However, when you check mag tests of this car they run low to mid 11's...………….WTF???? Is it that this car can only run a # at a track that has a prepped surface but everywhere else it falls flat???? Something doesn't jive or somebody is covering up something on what they did to their GT500 to run these mid 10 times.

Tony

Magazines also get press cars that are rode hard and put away wet. Remember the debacle with the GT500 on worn tires losing to the Camaro in the head to head comparison...

Cman01

hello
Established Member
If I made a product and a 3rd party was testing it and the results will be known to the world I would make sure the product I'm supplying is representative of what is available to the masses and delivers the goods so the results of the 3rd party testing will be positive.

It's not the magazine testing's fault for the GT500 coming to the party with worn tires. The tires on the Camaro may not be worn but they weren't brand new tires either.

I agree, for a real test both of those cars should have fresh tires for the best results but magazine car tests doesn't include buying 4 new tires for the car they are testing.

So again, I don't get car mags getting 11.3-4xx 1/4 mile et's out of a GT500 then miraculously on a prepped track surface at a dragstrip the car run 10.6's. You can blame testing surface BUT...………………...

Car mags have a 19 ZR1 going 10.80@133 (Road & Track got one going 10.6@135), they would test this car on the same track surface as the GT500 tests (so you can say the surface sucks but you can't say the testers can't drive, why can they get a wicked time out of a ZR1 but not a GT500 on the same testing surface????)

I question these "bone stock (or close to stock)" GT500 dragstrip et's running mid 10's (mods being done but not disclosed), or the car is just picky in how the track is prepped to be able to run the mentioned #'s.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread