2020 GT500 calls out my C7 ZR1!!! *OVER 900HP!*

gofast15

Established Member
Both are bad ass cars, id take the ZR1 for sure since its the last king front engine vette, and in a manual.

The GT500 didnt do bad considering @LostM paid MSRP + boltons vs a $130k+ ZR1 + $19k package from LMR.
Streetspeed car also has additional mods on the top of the package ported blower , ported throttle body and upper pulley . LMR said car made 895rwhp

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Streetspeed car also has additional mods on the top of the package ported blower , ported throttle body and upper pulley . LMR said car made 895rwhp
He is E85 and meth away from 1000+rwhp then. The ZR1 blower case and inlet flow huge air when ported. GM always leaves a ton of material from casting.

gofast15

Established Member
Lol @ “built motor” for an over priced cam swap that can be done in the garage with a couple of buddies.
Anything can be done in the garage but no more easy cam swap like it was on LS Huan engines . Motor needs to come out of the car , LT motors have VVT and DOD so oil pan needs to be removed . Most shop charge around $5K for a cam/ tune swap on LT1/LT4 engines. LT5 is even more , $2500 additional for ECU from HP.

Shops are charging more these days to do a cam swap on LT motors then cams swap on Coyote engines

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Sad but true. It can be done in car now but heads need to come off too. I lol’d at LS Huan.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Anything can be done in the garage but no more easy cam swap like it was on LS Huan engines . Motor needs to come out of the car , LT motors have VVT and DOD so oil pan needs to be removed . Most shop charge around $5K for a cam/ tune swap on LT1/LT4 engines. LT5 is even more , $2500 additional for ECU from HP.

Shops are charging more these days to do a cam swap on LT motors then cams swap on Coyote engines

VVT and DOD has been around since the LS days. It’s not a new thing for new LT series.

$5K for a cam swap and tune is absolutely ludicrous.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
VVT and DOD has been around since the LS days. It’s not a new thing for new LT series.

$5K for a cam swap and tune is absolutely ludicrous.
The problem is during the early days shops pulled the engine. Now they can do it in car but have not adjusted their pricing accordingly.

I’ve already decided on my car if I go ahead with the cam install I’m having drop in forged pistons put in while it’s apart. ****ing moon boost time buddy.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The problem is during the early days shops pulled the engine. Now they can do it in car but have not adjusted their pricing accordingly.

I’ve already decided on my car if I go ahead with the cam install I’m having drop in forged pistons put in while it’s apart. ****ing moon boost time buddy.

****ing Vultures! Lol

MOON BOOST that SOB.

What are you driving around nowadays? I’m a little disconnect.

Users who are viewing this thread