2020 GT500 debut video

RLB01

Established Member
Was hoping for something with more pizazz & less weight... twin turbos

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
What do you mean exactly? Was "ad' a typo or referring to the video as an ad? I dont think that is supposed to be an ad.
Everything in regard to the new 500 is an ad at the moment. No one except Ford has one in their possession. There are no private review videos, just teaser videos that are advertising in my opinion.

We all know what opinions are like.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Not surprised at the 4,200+ weight. SC and all those extra coolers add up.
Im surprised, @ZYBORG keeps saying they already said the weight, but i checked mustang6g and its all speculation. Just gotta ask how is this car +350lbs heavier than a ZL1? I dont believe it, im thinking its 4000lbs max. Anything less is welcome.

Till someone gets a 2020 GT500 on the scale its all speculation. Just like saying the car puts down X amount of power, gotta wait for dyno results.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
After all this time, nothing is really groundbreaking other than the DCT. If there is ever a riced out Mustang, this is it. They literally should have just thrown the power/drivetrain into the GT350 and called it a day. Would have been sooo much sexier.

As far as performance. Hellcats have been doing mid 3 sec 0-60’s and sub 11 sec 1/4 miles since 2016. ZL1’s have been able to turn since the 5th gen. Sure it’s nice for it to do both but after this long of a wait it should be doing sub 3 sec 0-60’s, sub 10.5 1/4 miles and be targeting Vettes on the road course. It should have been TT period.

Also. Ford needs to fire their PR team and let Dodge teach them how it’s done. All that ive seen on the car so far has been...YAWN.

fearthesnake

Established Member
After all this time, nothing is really groundbreaking other than the DCT. If there is ever a riced out Mustang, this is it. They literally should have just thrown the power/drivetrain into the GT350 and called it a day. Would have been sooo much sexier.

As far as performance. Hellcats have been doing mid 3 sec 0-60’s and sub 11 sec 1/4 miles since 2016. ZL1’s have been able to turn since the 5th gen. Sure it’s nice for it to do both but after this long of a wait it should be doing sub 3 sec 0-60’s, sub 10.5 1/4 miles and be targeting Vettes on the road course. It should have been TT period.

Also. Ford needs to fire their PR team and let Dodge teach them how it’s done. All that ive seen on the car so far has been...YAWN.
Pretty much agree and Ford has really fallen behind. I swear they are going cheap now in all business facets but charge a premium. Heard from several owners and Ford service reps there are 5.0 engine problems in the new Engines which reflect shotty work.

Sad to say my 2013 GT500 will be my last Ford product.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Im surprised, @ZYBORG keeps saying they already said the weight, but i checked mustang6g and its all speculation. Just gotta ask how is this car +350lbs heavier than a ZL1? I dont believe it, im thinking its 4000lbs max. Anything less is welcome.

Till someone gets a 2020 GT500 on the scale its all speculation. Just like saying the car puts down X amount of power, gotta wait for dyno results.
Why are you so hell bent on comparing weight to a Camaro when you can basically extrapolate from current Mustangs?

GT PP2 weighs 3829. Add 2.7L blower, intercooler, heat exchanger, oil cooler, transmission cooler, fluids for the aforementioned and other additional content and it’s pretty easy to gauge what this thing will weigh. The Camaro is irrelevant.

Last edited:

slow poke

Established Member
Hopefully sales suck and Ford learns this turd is too little too late. Dodge challenger sales are up. For ****s sake Ford just make the car beat the Demon in a straight line and you could charge double for the ****ing things and people would still buy them.

At this point why aren't Ford or Chevy stealing Dodge's thunder. Both platforms are way better than what dodge has, it would be simple.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Hopefully sales suck and Ford learns this turd is too little too late. Dodge challenger sales are up. For ****s sake Ford just make the car beat the Demon in a straight line and you could charge double for the ****ing things and people would still buy them.

At this point why aren't Ford or Chevy stealing Dodge's thunder. Both platforms are way better than what dodge has, it would be simple.
Fair point, but technically GM has 2 platforms that compete with each other.

Upper level Camaros are no longer hamstringed to protect Corvette so they inevitably compete with one another. The top trim Camaro used to be slower and handle worse than the base Corvette. Many buyers shop both now due to the price of upper level pony cars nowadays.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
GT PP2 weighs 3829. Add 2.7L blower, intercooler, heat exchanger, oil cooler, transmission cooler fluids and other additional content and it’s pretty easy to gauge what this thing will weigh. The Camaro is irrelevant.
We'll find out when someone gets one on the scale. PP2 also uses heavy wheels, solid rotors and a steel two piece driveshaft? Fords putting on a carbon ds, two peice rotors all around and hopefully lighter wheels to offset the added weight of the blower + supporting mods.

csc427

Established Member

I assure you they’ll sell every one they can make. At a premium. They won’t be sitting on dealership lots at a discount like their competition does. And in case you’re wondering, the mustang still outsells the challenger and Camaro. 4 years in a row. So while it may seem like dodge is killing it and there pr dept is amazing, it doesn’t look like ford needs to do anything to sell their cars. Lot of work on dodges part to take 2nd place for the first time ever. Lol

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
We'll find out when someone gets one on the scale. PP2 also uses heavy wheels, solid rotors and a steel two piece driveshaft? Fords putting on a carbon ds, two peice rotors all around and hopefully lighter wheels to offset the added weight of the blower + supporting mods.

The new DCT is on the order of 85-90# heavier than the MT82 or TR3160, without any coolers or fluid added. Even the beefy TR6060 is 50# lighter. The brakes look very similar to what the GT350's have, only larger with no cross-drilling. The 350 brakes are not considered light by two-piece rotor standards, so I'd venture a guess that they added some weight there as well.

I would be absolutely shocked if this car comes in at < 4,000# in it's lightest configuration. The ZL1 1LE should come in ~150ish # lighter, but way down on power and requiring much more driver skill to extract max performance.

This car will be heavy, but still stupid fast.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I assure you they’ll sell every one they can make. At a premium. They won’t be sitting on dealership lots at a discount like their competition does. And in case you’re wondering, the mustang still outsells the challenger and Camaro. 4 years in a row. So while it may seem like dodge is killing it and there pr dept is amazing, it doesn’t look like ford needs to do anything to sell their cars. Lot of work on dodges part to take 2nd place for the first time ever. Lol
I think you're right.
Look at the GT350 and the GT350R when they first hit the scene. Everyone and their grandmom wanted one.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

It wasnt “said”.... someone posted up a document with the details. It was 4,225lbs to be exact.

Users who are viewing this thread