2020 GT500 - Official Curb Weight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4VFTW

Established Member
Yes. Where guys are bitching about the weight being an issue, I get it. But I've seen some lap times, and performance data that is a few weeks away from being released that is EXTREMELY impressive (I've been saying how awesome the times and numbers are for about 7 weeks now), and when I see that coupled with a 4200# car, I get excited.
That's great and all but it comes off sounding like excuses being made because the results that will matter, as far as internet racing is concerned , will be how it performs when tested against the ZL1 and the Redeye. IMO it will slot in the middle... quicker than a ZL1 in a straight line and faster around a road course than a Redeye.

I cant see either 500 beating an equivalent ZL1 on a road course at that weight and I dont see either version beating a Redeye at the dragstrip.

If people are expecting this car to run with a Redeye and beat a Z on a road course I think they are going to be disappointed.

blk02edge

Established Member
And? He races a lot way more than me and any other joker in this thread right now, I highly doubt he is talking out his ass.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Race car driver not talking out of his ass? Thats news to me. They are an arrogant self absorbed my shits the best species of person, I know PLENTY of them on the IMSA/WEC stage. To be a succesful modern day race car driver is more than just driving, you need to complete that image and suck hard **** to whos paying your bill.
That's great and all but it comes off sounding like excuses being made because the results that will matter, as far as internet racing is concerned , will be how it performs when tested against the ZL1 and the Redeye. IMO it will slot in the middle... quicker than a ZL1 in a straight line and faster around a road course than a Redeye.

I cant see either 500 beating an equivalent ZL1 on a road course at that weight and I dont see either version beating a Redeye at the dragstrip.

If people are expecting this car to run with a Redeye and beat a Z on a road course I think they are going to be disappointed.
Well to be fair the CFTP will beat every iteration of street legal pony car ever made including the Z1LE but I guess that hardly matters when you can only buy the regular/handling pack cars.. And correct those wont beat the 1LE

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Your a fail, ignorant fools like your self that sit behind a keyboard and take anything negative and run with it? The car will perform period no matter the weight. Go buy that failure of a C8 stingray that will need to be bailed out because of engineering failures lol. Oh and because it does 0-60 3 sec or better, lol gtfo

Buyer's remorse... i get it.

I'd have it too by now!

Sorry pal.

4VFTW

Established Member
Well to be fair the CFTP will beat every iteration of street legal pony car ever made including the Z1LE but I guess that hardly matters when you can only buy the regular/handling pack cars.. And correct those wont beat the 1LE
Not sure how you know that, but if it's true then Ford has truly pulled some Voodoo out of their asses and I'll tip my hat to them.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I heard that the base 500 was slower than the 350R at a given track... wonder if it is true.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Yes they were, that's why I had one of each (2013 and 2014).

What cost? Listen, I get that everything has a value, yada yada yada. The days of the Fox body Mustangs that can CHEAPLY be made in to track cars, are over. Period. Nothing is cheap. Adding power isn't cheap, reducing weight isn't cheap, adding lateral grip isn't cheap, reducing stopping speed isn't cheap, etc.

The MY20 GT500 ARE NOT your blue collar track cars, period. They have entered in to the white collar track guy's playbook, ie Porsche, Viper, etc.

For instance, I decided I wanted to lose some weight in my Viper. I spent $350 on titanium open lugnuts, $1300 on a carbon fiber belly pan, $1300 on a carbon fiber driveshaft, $2000 on lightweight wheels (not light enough, about to purchase some Forgeline GTD-1s for $6k), twin disc clutch and light flywheel for $3000 and I ordered Tillet seats to save weight for $5000. So adding that up, excluding the wheels I haven't ordered yet, I'm sitting at almost $13,000 to save just over 150#. I'll be in it for nearly $20000 and save 180#.

A friend of mine has spent $30k lightening his car up. He's just under 3000#, and he just spent an additional $35k on a heads/cam package running on E12, put down 803/730.

Moral of the story, no it won't be cheap/free, but this car isn't about being cheap or free.

I just threw up a little.

Gotta agree with you though, nothing is cheap.
100k a year is poverty wages around here.

Oh well if this thing is that ticking amazing...maybe I’ll pick up a nice 11’ for cheap.

Sent from my POFS iPhone in a rage cause this is the third try.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

No excuses here, just the truth. I'm not a stellar driver by any means, but I wiped the floor with a ZL1 1LE this past weekend. I was turning 5-6 seconds faster a lap than he was, and he was on Pirelli slicks, while I'm running R7s (easily a 1.5-2 second advantage his direction).

This car will be faster than the ZL1 in a straightline, and will run damn near as fast as the Redeye. On the track it will run with the ZL1 and kill a Redeye. Wait until you see a few lap times.

I heard that the base 500 was slower than the 350R at a given track... wonder if it is true.

Maybe on a sub 1.5 mile track.

blk02edge

Established Member
Lol I wish people would stop using their on track wins to compare cars... Doesnt work at all in an amatuer field

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Buyers remorse lol,good excuse if that was the case 13Cobra (Nick) would take it back

I want one now. lol I wish I hadn't of sold all of my allocations. I already told my rep I would do whatever in order to get one more allocation (take bullshit inventory, etc)

Lol I wish people would stop using their on track wins to compare cars... Doesnt work at all in an amatuer field

I get where you're coming from...

But 99% of the drivers on this form, 80% of the people buying the MY20 GT500 will be just that, amateur drivers. Holding that premise as true, doesn't it matter more about what's easier to drive at the track for amateurs, than what a pro driver can tick off on a hero run? Curious on your thoughts on that.

Also, curious why you continuously attempt to call me out without tagging my name in the thread? I would hate to miss the opportunity to respond to one your comments by simply glancing over it.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
absolutely true.

Bro you can still give it back and go after the faster Redeye.

There's still time!
No thanks, it will not be faster, still weighs more, and also huge discounts just like GM lol.. $15k off 1 locally.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
No thanks, it will not be faster, still weighs more, and also huge discounts just like GM lol.. $15k off 1 locally.

How will it not be faster being it has more power, closer trans ratios, and weighs within 100 lbs of the GT500?

Thats right.. i forgot. The GT500 is magic.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I want one now. lol I wish I hadn't of sold all of my allocations. I already told my rep I would do whatever in order to get one more allocation (take bullshit inventory, etc)
I have been waiting patiently over a year for this car, love my '14 but like anything it gets boring and need something new! I had the 350 and loved the look, just needed more power imo, so the GT500 gives me both and I can not wait until you get that call! Sorry to rub it in buddy

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
How will it not be faster being it has more power, closer trans ratios, and weighs within 100 lbs of the GT500?

Thats right.. i forgot. The GT500 is magic.
Dude your a troll and need to take your leave. Go bash on dodge and gm forums for God sakes. I never implied the GT500 is magic etc, but it is certainly the better car overall compared to the competition at the price point.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
All the haters in here it’s sickening, let the big boys who know this car already educate you.
View attachment 1593102

I work on race cars for 18 years and I have inspection license.
I have all that shit tough guy.

I just had to leave an old job because of differences wid my ****in’ boss.

So I’ll see you tomorrow wid my tools, **** face.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Dude your a troll and need to take your leave. Go bash on dodge and gm forums for God sakes. I never implied the GT500 is magic etc, but it is certainly the better car overall compared to the competition at the price point.

It's "you're".

Second, you said it was faster. Now you're back pedaling saying it's "better overall".

Yeah, no shit it's better overall.

Quit sniffing Ford's magic dust.. it's off putting and makes you look foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread