2020 GT500 vs. 2019 ZR1 ...Roll Race

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
In before "ohhhhh he got walked bruh!"
Tired of these long ass videos for 2 minutes of content. Both cars a beast though, I'd love to have either. Still waiting for some videos of blower swapped 03-04 running the new snake or a 13/14. Guessing the DCT would hurt feelings. Wont pull in the views I guess.

P.S. is the dude ZR1 actually wearing some New Balance?

Last edited:

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Good runs.

The Z looked to have just a bit more.
There is no doubt the Z would start to slowly pull ahead over a certain mph, but the GT500 has the better get up and go and holds I am sure to at least 140mphish. After that aero starts to take over.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
There is no doubt the Z would start to slowly pull ahead over a certain mph, but the GT500 has the better get up and go and holds I am sure to at least 140mphish. After that aero starts to take over.

The zr1 has aero and was a vert.

I think drag coefficient actually favors the gt500 in this race. I know whp is higher in the gt500 here.

This particular gt500 traps about 132-134 with its tires, resonator delete and I believe airbox lid removed but am not sure.

paluka21

Established Member
I think one thing we don't know is; what gear did the ZR1 start in? Did the owner simply just floor the car in auto mode? I think if that is the case, that would explain the quick hit the GT500 had; advantage DCT and why the ZR1 had to catch up.
Either way, fun comparison but for an accurate assessment I would want to know more about how the driver used his transmission. That has a big part in how the A8 cars perform.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
This race was a fail for the ZR1 driver, sorry but I call it like I see it.

Calls out SM
Shows up in a vert (sorry not a fan of verts use it to cruise not to call out somebody for a roll race)
Driving a A8 but doesn't know how to leave on the count
Carrying a passenger

This has a fail all over it, ZR1 driver deserves a L and proves the fact that you might have coin to buy a fast car but you don't know how to drive the car fast.

Tony

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
500 has more “get up and go”???

WTH does that even mean

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Cut out the BS and the races weren’t bad. Cars were closer than I assumed, could be driver related but not necessarily, I mean they’re both autos :)
-J

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Two identical ZR1's pull up to the line and are ready to race. Moments before either car hits the gas, this woman climbs into/onto the passenger seat of one of the cars...
zz Patty-Sanchez.jpg

Think it'd be close?

Users who are viewing this thread