2020 gt500 vs c7 zr1 unknown mods, not stock?

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice runs although would have liked to see from a dig and at different speeds instead of same race over and over.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
At 1:20 in, take a better look maybe on a larger screen than just on your phone. Those are shoes at the back of the ZR1.

Tony

shhhhh!!! come on man, don’t you dare ruin his “ZR1 discrediting campaign“. GOD knows the Fanbois will turn Nikes into Race fuel gas cans, just so they can rationalize why their home team got gapped!

Nice gas cans! Lmaooooo!

E19C83F0-6BE5-430F-9F6E-793216652BED.jpeg

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Both stock but the ZR1 carrying an extra passenger. That is easily a 1+ car or so disadvantage on that roll.

500 got smoked!
Got smoked? Actually what are you smoking? What I can see along with many others is a 3600lb ZR1 did not "smoke" the 4100lb GT500, rather it was very close and honestly without the fanboi excuse so often that is used is the GT500 held its own and was impressive in doing so.

4VFTW

Established Member
Got smoked? Actually what are you smoking? What I can see along with many others is a 3600lb ZR1 did not "smoke" the 4100lb GT500, rather it was very close and honestly without the fanboi excuse so often that is used is the GT500 held its own and was impressive in doing so.
When you're rocking 300hp showing someone your bumper is taking them to Gapplebees

Cman01

hello
Established Member

I don't smoke, but I do know a win when I see one. Couple things:

As advanced as these cars are, they still don't drive themselves. It was pointed out here by another SVTP member that ZR1 had a passenger and the GT500 didn't SO:

3600 lbs. ZR1 + 1 driver, 1 passenger (let's say 175# each) = 3950 lbs.
4100 lbs. GT500 + 1 driver (again 175 # ) = 4275 lbs.

The difference is 325 lbs. not 500 lbs. We also don't know how much fuel each car is carrying so we'll just say the car weight includes full tanks.

We have been told via the video that both cars are bone stock. I've seen ZR1's dyno 650-660 @ the wheels (you've got yourself a STRONG ZR1 if you dyno higher than those #'s bone stock), however I've seen videos of SP's car dyno 680 @ the wheels when he first got it and on his way back to Cali doing that road trip of his in the black car. SM's Hulk also dynoed around 680 and change. If they really make 760 SAE at the crank they've got some pretty low parasitic losses through the drivetrain or Ford is fudging how much power these Predator engines are really making.

No matter what, it lost. If it was even and the ZR1 had 1 driver like the 500 the ZR taillights would be disappearing in the distance.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member

As advanced as these cars are, they still don't drive themselves. It was pointed out here by another SVTP member that ZR1 had a passenger and the GT500 didn't SO:

The difference is 325 lbs. not 500 lbs. We also don't know how much fuel each car is carrying so we'll just say the car weight includes full tanks.

We have been told via the video that both cars are bone stock. I've seen ZR1's dyno 650-660 @ the wheels (you've got yourself a STRONG ZR1 if you dyno higher than those #'s bone stock), however I've seen videos of SP's car dyno 680 @ the wheels when he first got it and on his way back to Cali doing that road trip of his in the black car. SM's Hulk also dynoed around 680 and change. If they really make 760 SAE at the crank they've got some pretty low parasitic losses through the drivetrain or Ford is fudging how much power these Predator engines are really making.

No matter what, it lost. If it was even and the ZR1 had 1 driver like the 500 the ZR taillights would be disappearing in the distance.

I never ever said the GT500 won, but what I do know is $130k vs $80k performance per dollar it was a lot closer of a race and for sure was not pulling car lengths lol... Also my weight comment is not to be taken seriously it’s round about number they are advertised as.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Can't imagine that giant wing and front splitter on the ZR1 is helping things either.

Good runs none the less.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Most people aren't paying MSRP for a 500 right now. We won't even get into talking about a CFTP car some of those are priced in ZR1 territory or more. C7 ZR1's are also NLA. Only 2900 and change total production and is a rarer vehicle than even a CFTP car after it's all said and done with this model run.

Again, the ZR1 win wasn't as great as it should be BECAUSE the car was carrying an extra passenger and the weight difference between the 2 cars was less than if each car just had a driver.

All things being equal if any of you actually think a 2020 GT500 bone stock is going to win in a roll race against a bone stock C7 ZR1 you need to stop smoking whatever it is you are smoking. It didn't win and it wasn't going to win, end of story.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Can't imagine that giant wing and front splitter on the ZR1 is helping things either.

Good runs none the less.

The next video should be base GT500 vs. low wing ZR1. 1 driver in each. I'd like to see that one, or base GT500 vs. C6 ZR1 that could be a close race.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Most people aren't paying MSRP for a 500 right now. We won't even get into talking about a CFTP car some of those are priced in ZR1 territory or more. C7 ZR1's are also NLA. Only 2900 and change total production and is a rarer vehicle than even a CFTP car after it's all said and done with this model run.

Again, the ZR1 win wasn't as great as it should be BECAUSE the car was carrying an extra passenger and the weight difference between the 2 cars was less than if each car just had a driver.

All things being equal if any of you actually think a 2020 GT500 bone stock is going to win in a roll race against a bone stock C7 ZR1 you need to stop smoking whatever it is you are smoking. It didn't win and it wasn't going to win, end of story.

Again I never said anything of the such, all I said is it was a closer race than expected so why get all butt hurt about it? Because you own a ZR1? What ever it is no need to get into all the fine details of each vehicle and what if’s. IMO that was far from “smoking” the GT500, do I need to share some examples of what smoking a vehicle is?

Cman01

hello
Established Member
I also didn't say the 500 got smoked, it got beat. That's it easy and simple.

And yeah, I got a ZR1. So what? If Ford had all their specs available and not keep things a secret I could be driving a CFTP car.

Both cars have similar HP, 1 is lighter weight so the outcome is expected. It just wasn't as great as others think because 1 car was carrying more weight people wise. That 500 would get smoked if the ZR1 had 1 driver and it was a low wing car.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member

zr1 is 3560lbs, GT500 is 4225lbs. So by your calculations with passengers and such. 3910 ZR1 and 4400 for GT500. Difference of about 500lbs. Just sayin.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I never ever said the GT500 won, but what I do know is $130k vs $80k performance per dollar it was a lot closer of a race and for sure was not pulling car lengths lol... Also my weight comment is not to be taken seriously it’s round about number they are advertised as.

$80k hahahahaha hahahahaha

Ah hahahahaha hahahahahaha haha

$80k for the ZR1 maybe!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Cman01

hello
Established Member
No base model GT500 is 4225 #. SP weighed his and it was 4080 # with low fuel. PBD weighted 3 of them different trims all base they were 4100-4150 with half tank or more fuel. These #'s are without people of course.

A ZR1 is not 3560 # with decent amount of fuel in the tank. They are over 3600+ leaning towards 3700 with full tank.

So again the weight difference in this video for these 2 cars is about 300+ #, not 500. Take out the extra passenger in the ZR1 and it would be 500 # with the larger gapping by the Vette on the Shelby.

Users who are viewing this thread