"2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1"

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Question to everyone who ordered their GT500. Those should be arriving at dealers in the next few weeks. Are you calling your dealer every day to gain more info on when it is delivered, or are you following it online to see the build process? What will you do when the car is delivered? Be there when it comes off of the truck, and you take possession of it before "dealer prep" or will you let them touch your car? I am just curious to see how all this is controlled? Any info you want to share will be great!

It would be very unlikely that you could be at the store at the time of delivery, just saying. They drop them 24 hours a day and there is little to no notice.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Best thing you can do is give explicit instruction to the GM, your salesman, the owner, service advisor, etc, DO NOT TOUCH MY CAR !!

I picked up my 2012 Laguna Seca with all the plastic-on the seats, stickers on the windows, etc, and drove it home that way.

The only thing dealer had to do was something with a computer and the OBD2, a quick connection and then it was all mine.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Best thing you can do is give explicit instruction to the GM, your salesman, the owner, service advisor, etc, DO NOT TOUCH MY CAR !!

I picked up my 2012 Laguna Seca with all the plastic-on the seats, stickers on the windows, etc, and drove it home that way.

The only thing dealer had to do was something with a computer and the OBD2, a quick connection and then it was all mine.

I am sure @13COBRA would not mind honoring that for at least myself, I would like to have all that plastic etc not removed.

PIPO

Established Member
With the Demons, you would call Reliable and they would give you the date, a time window and put you in contact with the driver. It only lasted like 6 months though. There’s always that one guy that messes it up for everyone else.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
With the Demons, you would call Reliable and they would give you the date, a time window and put you in contact with the driver. It only lasted like 6 months though. There’s always that one guy that messes it up for everyone else.

Unfortunately, not the case here.

DonMTV

Established Member
It would be very unlikely that you could be at the store at the time of delivery, just saying. They drop them 24 hours a day and there is little to no notice.
Thank you for the reply. I was just wondering how all that works. I hope everyone gets theirs as quick as possible.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I brought my ‘13 home in plastic. Showed up late on a Thursday. They fueled it, gave it an inspection, and put the lower splitter on and that was it.

It was entertaining to drive it around the first few days with plastic on seats, plastic on exterior trims, and the sticker on the window.

Just request the dealer not do anything besides what’s required.

kilomikebravo

Established Member
Just request the dealer not do anything besides what’s required.

Precisely what I've done. As was stated, an acceptance inspection is required, (another acronym..DIA or sometime..03C knows for sure.) I HAD planned on bringing a crew to remove the plastic and wash the car. But now that I've heard others just drive with the plastic on, I may bring it home for the wash and wax.

What I don't know about is the stuff in the trunk and whether those items will have to be installed or not.

PIPO

Established Member
Has ford published or announced an official PDI for the GT500?
*pre-delivery inspection

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I was lucky with my 14, it went from the car carrier to a locked garage where the dealership owner keeps his boat. I was called as soon as the dealership opened, & took it for it's 1st gas fill-up. I was treated very well..
2014-Shelby-on-31-Aug-2013-004.jpg

2014-Shelby-on-31-Aug-2013-007.jpg

Snoopy49

Established Member
Anyone who has their VIN on the list, please check the list and let me know if there are any changes and I will update the list. Please include the last four of the VIN in your post.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I was lucky with my 14, it went from the car carrier to a locked garage where the dealership owner keeps his boat. I was called as soon as the dealership opened, & took it for it's 1st gas fill-up. I was treated very well..
View attachment 1601209
View attachment 1601210
Very cool, similar to my experience. He sent pics of it coming of the truck and then parked it in their personal car garage area. They let me put the first gas in and take off the plastics.
Honestly, with sitting outside at the plant, the trains, trucks, etc I think we might be a bit anal thinking it can’t be touched. Still, I just wouldn’t want the new wash kid to jump on it. Happy medium somewhere. This will be the first new car I’ll paint correct and ceramic coat.
I will say the paint on my 2014 is WAY better than my 2004 Cobra.
I’m excited to see you guys get the early cars!
Going on the engine plant tour this Thursday, hopefully I’ll get a pic of the engine and see if someone here gets it. If I touch it, it’ll be a few hurspers betta.
-J

Snoopy49

Established Member
I just heard that the latest build week is 12/1. It looks like they are going to try to build up to the Christmas holiday shutdown, weather permitting.

Users who are viewing this thread