2020 -vs 2014 GT500

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Theoretically, we can push this stock 5.8 block to 1000whp as many have haha, especially in how you drive it etc. I have certainly pushed mine farther than what one would drag race this car quite often. Keeping the rpms at or below 6200, good fuel and tune you can push her where ever you desire (NOT RECOMMENDED)..I have yet to get this new setup to a legit dyno, but I know you have hit low 800s to the wheel with just a 3.5 upper.. I have almost a full 1/2" smaller pulley than what you ran, so I am playing with fire so to speak and I know this. Hence why my car only has 5,600 miles on it.
Yeah I would think your Shelby is around 850whp, and like you said, if you take good care of it and the tune is dialed in, the engine should live a long happy life.

Gabed1972

Established Member
You guys are both up in the night.

Go build this theoretical bigger blower trinity making north of 760hp. How’s it do on heat management? Oh.... it fails, everywhere.

You guys forget the trinity ran 15psi on its blower and ran into heat sink issues stock and barely nodded? Bigger blower and 120+more hp. Ok, manage that heat for the application now.

The predator motor is doing 760hp with 12psi from a bigger blower. How big of a difference? .35L... big whoop.

Running a 2.65 TVS on a trinity at 12psi would likely yield less power than it made with the 2.3L at 15psi, I’d bet 650hp would be hard to reach.

3psi is worth more power than .3L of compressor.

The fact the predator makes 760hp with 12psi and 5.2L says all there is to say about trinity vs coyote architecture. 5.8L@15psi made 662hp, 5.2L@12psi makes 760hp. Read it and weep. .3L of supercharger does very little going from a 1.9L to a 2.2L boost staying the same. .35L on a 2.3L blower is doing even less.

I seem to remember 07 super snakes were north of 750 hp?.. Your poster doesn’t make sense

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Probably not out the box SLB VS SLB but you might be onto something as far as 2650 power potential for both .I agree it should
Not without more boost or taking it past 6500 rpm which is not wise on a stock trinity due to its fragile rods.

So, build the trinity or condor motor in order to make it compete with new factory gt500 5.2 hardware?

Thanks for proving my point.

He’s not actually... if you take the time to read his posts—which can admittedly be painful.

Lol we don’t know what the 5.2 is going to do yet. I do know the 5.4/5.8 is still the coyotes daddy.

Last edited:

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
You guys are both up in the night.

Go build this theoretical bigger blower trinity making north of 760hp. How’s it do on heat management? Oh.... it fails, everywhere.

You guys forget the trinity ran 15psi on its blower and ran into heat sink issues stock and barely nodded? Bigger blower and 120+more hp. Ok, manage that heat for the application now.

The predator motor is doing 760hp with 12psi from a bigger blower. How big of a difference? .35L... big whoop.

Running a 2.65 TVS on a trinity at 12psi would likely yield less power than it made with the 2.3L at 15psi, I’d bet 650hp would be hard to reach.

3psi is worth more power than .3L of compressor.

The fact the predator makes 760hp with 12psi and 5.2L says all there is to say about trinity vs coyote architecture. 5.8L@15psi made 662hp, 5.2L@12psi makes 760hp. Read it and weep. .3L of supercharger does very little going from a 1.9L to a 2.2L boost staying the same. .35L on a 2.3L blower is doing even less.
The 5.4/5.8 both made north of 1200sae with a 2650 on mild combos. Let me know when another modular does that 4.6/5.0/5.2. Not even going to argue the rest of your off the wall tech talk.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Simple Better heads, makes more power, and has more potential.

In the interest of being brief I’d say

False
False
Possibly

To your 3 points above.

1. Heads are certainly NOT better. Matter of fact the main reason Fords motor finally became competitive after the ass kicking it was taking from the LS guys is the COYOTE HEADS introduced in 2011. They are the reason Ford finally broke 400 hp N/A. Coyote heads flow about 4% more than trinity heads in stock form—in 2011. The 2018+ coyote heads are a BIG step up from trinity.

Coyote also introduced TiVCT. A HUGE advantage over the old modular platform.

2. 760>662. Pretty easy to see why you’re wrong there.

3. “Potential” is a pretty wide ranging idea. At the 1500hp level and below, the coyote is the OBVIOUS choice not only for power output and durability, but also cost.

Max effort 2000+ horsepower? Maybe what’s tried and true is best and hand the nod to old modular technology.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Not referring to the new 5.2. My guess is it will fall short of the 5.8 though.

3-B933502-7-CE5-4-C22-9-F7-E-F8119-E141533.gif

The new car will make more power for less money than the 13/14 trinity by a large margin. Take that to the bank.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
In the interest of being brief I’d say

False
False
Possibly

To your 3 points above.

1. Heads are certainly NOT better. Matter of fact the main reason Fords motor finally became competitive after the ass kicking it was taking from the LS guys is the COYOTE HEADS introduced in 2011. They are the reason Ford finally broke 400 hp N/A. Coyote heads flow about 4% more than trinity heads in stock form—in 2011. The 2018+ coyote heads are a BIG step up from trinity.

Coyote also introduced TiVCT. A HUGE advantage over the old modular platform.

2. 760>662. Pretty easy to see why you’re wrong there.

3. “Potential” is a pretty wide ranging idea. At the 1500hp level and below, the coyote is the OBVIOUS choice not only for power output and durability, but also cost.

Max effort 2000+ horsepower? Maybe what’s tried and true is best and hand the nod to old modular technology.

1. You are delusional. Show me the proof. I have my ported stock GT head flow chart sitting next to me done on a stock bore @ 28”. Show me some stock valve Coyotes doing better. I will wait lmao. You truly are a coyotard if you think modulars had nothing for the ls until 2011.

2. Yea great comparison bigger blower, more compression etc.. when all is equal the 5.0 is no match.

3. Potential as in ultimate power potential period. The iron 5.4 is a better deal for sub 1300. So yote is still not better if you want to split hairs here. Both are expensive to make big power. Lol

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
1. Show the proof I have a flow bench @.28 stock bore of my heads sitting next to me. Let’s see what a coyote can do with stock sizes valves.

1. You are delusional. Show me the proof. I have my ported stock GT head flow chart sitting next to me done on a stock bore @ 28”. Show me some stock valve Coyotes doing better. I will wait lmao. You truly are a coyotard if you think modulars had nothing for the ls until 2011.

2. Yea great comparison bigger blower, more compression etc.. when all is equal the 5.0 is no match.

3. Potential as in ultimate power potential period. The iron 5.4 is a better deal for sub 1300. So yote is still not better if you want to split hairs here. Both are expensive to make big power. Lol

Wow.

I don’t think I’ve seen this level of stupid since RDJ graces us with her presence.

Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread