2021 Explorer ST - Mom Rocket Version 2.0

Ramairgt1

ST 'D
Established Member
I have the CVfab intercooler with a ZFG 93 tune. Moves out pretty good.
My screen doesnt lag but i absolutely hate the layout. Too much wasted space on the screen and around it.
Still love the EXST overall though. Kids love it too.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
My screen doesnt lag but i absolutely hate the layout. Too much wasted space on the screen and around it.
I think the next step before warranty runs out is require the head unit/APM to be fully replaced with whatever the updated part is. They have flashed the thing 5x at this point with no fix to the screen lag, intermittent lack of sound and black screen issues.

I dont hate the screen but there are some oddities - back up camera is stupid small when on. Whole screen to use and they choose to funnel it down to like a 5" camera view that cant see anything.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
I recently got a '22 Explorer ST, have ~4k on the odo and I got a chance to do a 1/4 run with the Dragy.
Vehicle is 100% bone stock, 1/2 tank fuel, Sport Mode, AdvanceTrac OFF, power brake ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-02-21-50-07.png
    Screenshot_2023-04-02-21-50-07.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_2023-04-02-21-50-50.png
    Screenshot_2023-04-02-21-50-50.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 81

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
Tried changing my username to correctly reflect my current vehicle, it was rejected for some reason. So if you guys are confused, it's not my fault. See the mods. hahaha

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Same here, no real issues other than not using enough space on the screen. I've been following along on some of the Facebook groups and it looks like some people have nearly cracked the screen coding to get the backup camera and Android Auto to take up the whole screen.

Ramairgt1

ST 'D
Established Member
Same here, no real issues other than not using enough space on the screen. I've been following along on some of the Facebook groups and it looks like some people have nearly cracked the screen coding to get the backup camera and Android Auto to take up the whole screen.
I'm hoping they do crack the code too.

Ramairgt1

ST 'D
Established Member
Unfortunately nothing has happened since March 22. I think the photo of the back up camera screen was a photoshop. Could be wrong though.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
Problem solved. Get full screen every time ...

Attachments

• Explorer ST a.jpg
    Explorer ST a.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 73

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Just tuned the wife's Explorer ST. SCT X4 canned tune for now. Have an Unleashed 93 tune waiting for a few weeks so she gets used to it before going big.

The canned tune is still night/day over the stock truck. The 3.0L is a beast of an engine.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Just tuned the wife's Explorer ST. SCT X4 canned tune for now. Have an Unleashed 93 tune waiting for a few weeks so she gets used to it before going big.

The canned tune is still night/day over the stock truck. The 3.0L is a beast of an engine.

Any reason you're not going with ZFG? The DMS tune is pretty cool and I like the updated launch program he added.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Not a fan of HP Tuners. Also have the SCT X4 sitting around from our Ford Edge Sport so had Unleashed send me the tune for the Explorer.
Let us know how you like it.

I've been slacking on a tune but want to save that for last. Suspension and brakes are done. Intercooler and hot/cold pipes will be ordered shortly, then toon time.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Let us know how you like it.

I've been slacking on a tune but want to save that for last. Suspension and brakes are done. Intercooler and hot/cold pipes will be ordered shortly, then toon time.
The basic 93 tune is great. Truck is just quite fast at this point except after repeated runs it does feel like heat soak takes over. It will need a larger intercooler to keep it consistent.

With some restraint of the foot we have seemed to picked up a little over 2mpg(19.2 to 21.4mpg). Very surprising for a canned tune.

Truck wheel hops really bad. Whole back half of the truck shudders on a full 2200rpm launch. I also am worried that it may need a diff brace. I need to check this weekend to see if the truck is a 1 bolt vs 2 bolt subframe. Then order the diff brace for it during Black Friday sales.

Unleashed 93 tune will be loaded into the truck this coming weekend. Should be even faster. Wife is loving the extra grunt of the tuned 3.0L.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Truck wheel hops really bad. Whole back half of the truck shudders on a full 2200rpm launch. I also am worried that it may need a diff brace. I need to check this weekend to see if the truck is a 1 bolt vs 2 bolt subframe. Then order the diff brace for it during Black Friday sales.
Get some Steeda parts. I have them all. The toe links, vertical link inserts, and definitely the Subframe Inserts. They will all help the hop.

Users who are viewing this thread