2021 Production Start

trafficman337

Established Member
I ordered a 2021 GT500 on 2/5/21 and already have a VIN. I was told there is potentially a build week of 4/12/21. Does anyone out there know when the production for the 2021 is scheduled to begin?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@Snoopy49 would know when the first one is getting built.

Way before yours though. My CFTP is getting built the week of 3/8.

trafficman337

Established Member
Great! Good for you guys. The Ford Tracker site shows mine in "Order Processing". Does it stay there until the week it actually goes to build, or will it move when the week is actually in stone?

navbtcret

Great! Good for you guys. The Ford Tracker site shows mine in "Order Processing". Does it stay there until the week it actually goes to build, or will it move when the week is actually in stone?
Call the dealership you ordered the car from. They will be able to give you the build week. That is what I did.

trafficman337

Established Member
Thanks, they told me the week of 4/12. I was just curious if on the Ford Site, it would move into Scheduled for Production now that I have a scheduled build week?

Snoopy49

Established Member

Its status will change to "In Production - Sent to Plant" 4 -10 days before the build day.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Its status will change to "In Production - Sent to Plant" 4 -10 days before the build day.
Earl - where does a guy go to check his status? I can't count on my dealer for anything.
Last I heard in early Feb, is my build date was March 6th.
Thks

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Earl - where does a guy go to check his status? I can't count on my dealer for anything.
Thks

You can call Ford Performance and give them your VIN or dealer code/order number and they can give you a status update.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Thks

Like Nick said, contact FP for the updates, your dealer will thank you.
FP no longer answers calls due to Covid 19, everything is done by Chat or e-mail.

I prefer e-mail. Make sure you title the e-mail as GT500 Status Check and include the last 8 of your VIN. Example: (M0000001)

Here is the contact info.
Ford Performance Info Center Inbox [email protected]

Last edited:

1268+

Established Member
Just received an update from my dealer...to be built 3/1 and dealer eta 3/11. We shall see....

Snoopy49

Established Member
Just received an update from my dealer...to be built 3/1 and dealer eta 3/11. We shall see....

If it will roll off the assembly line on Monday, the VIN will have to be sent to the plant for production by tomorrow morning.

1268+

Established Member
Yeah I'm skeptical as well, that's what is on the Daily Status Report he showed me today.

Users who are viewing this thread