2021 Ram TRX

blk02edge

Established Member
I can see a Prius in your future! Each to their own.
I'm glad that is your take away from what I wrote.... Lol
Putting it in everything gave them a bit of scale, which means a normal guys can buy a base 2021 Challenger Hellcat in the high 40's with the factory and dealer discounts currently in play. That is pretty damn impressive, 707 HP of legal supercharged power anywhere with a warranty.
I understand that. I am just describing the other end of the spectrum.

You can not please everyone... Ford provides a much wider variety of vehicles with superior engineering but then absolutely refuses to put in engines that people want... Aside from Mustang.

Different strokes for different folks

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I'm glad that is your take away from what I wrote.... Lol

I understand that. I am just describing the other end of the spectrum.

You can not please everyone... Ford provides a much wider variety of vehicles with superior engineering but then absolutely refuses to put in engines that people want... Aside from Mustang.

Different strokes for different folks
Ford provides what??
A wide variety of uninspired CUVs?
With Mustang being the ONLY car, I don’t feel they offer a wide variety of squat.
Plenty of flavors of F150, but beyond that it’s Mustang or some lame Utility vehicle.

FWIW, news today has GM slapping a blower on the Escalade. Watch people get excited. It’s not a hard recipe to follow.

blk02edge

Established Member
Ford provides what??
A wide variety of uninspired CUVs?
With Mustang being the ONLY car, I don’t feel they offer a wide variety of squat.
Plenty of flavors of F150, but beyond that it’s Mustang or some lame Utility vehicle.

FWIW, news today has GM slapping a blower on the Escalade. Watch people get excited. It’s not a hard recipe to follow.
Yea, true, today not so much. But a couple years ago yes. Bronco.. If it ever shows up

But in any case the Raptor and mustangs do have superior chassis/suspension... When you actually use them... But even the GT500 has turned into another bloated modern day car..

Really, I don't care for either.

blk02edge

Established Member
And everybody knows a Mustang is a secretary's car...LOL!!!
So what brought you to this forum?
source.gif

HD117

Established Member
Just giving you crap. I briefly owned a 2020 GT500 that I received in a trade deal. I wanted to find out about the car and enjoyed the banter I found here. As I said previously, nice car, well executed, but not my choice of vehicle. Recently sold the GT, which was a base model. But who knows might end up with a CFTP car along the way. No offense meant in my tongue in cheek responses.

blk02edge

Established Member
Just giving you crap. I briefly owned a 2020 GT500 that I received in a trade deal. I wanted to find out about the car and enjoyed the banter I found here. As I said previously, nice car, well executed, but not my choice of vehicle. Recently sold the GT, which was a base model. But who knows might end up with a CFTP car along the way. No offense meant in my tongue in cheek responses.
I meant none either, that's just SVTP. fight like hell but i'm sure we'd all drink together.

HD117

Established Member
Mn. It is supposed to arrive in May. More anxious about the 392 Wrangler...have a VIN but no MSRP or ETA.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1689255
No I’ve never found the MDS to be noticeable. Pretty much luxury levels of interior quiet but mine is 100% stock. I’ve been happy with both my recent Rams (‘14 and ‘20)
-J
That's good to hear. The guys on the Ram forum say it is noticeably quiet.
Gorgeous truck!

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
That's good to hear. The guys on the Ram forum say it is noticeably quiet.
Gorgeous truck!
Throw a tune at your 16!
One of my guys drives a single cab 16, he swears it must be half second quicker with the pcm/tcm tunes we built for it. Even the canned tunes wake them up a ton, especially the trans side.

Dodge seems to get better and better with the MDS transitions every year. Rear gearing seems to have the biggest effect on whether you'll feel it or not at normal speeds. You could only tell my SP would go into MDS from hearing it, never felt it unless I was getting on the throttle at the same time or something odd like that.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Throw a tune at your 16!
One of my guys drives a single cab 16, he swears it must be half second quicker with the pcm/tcm tunes we built for it. Even the canned tunes wake them up a ton, especially the trans side.

Dodge seems to get better and better with the MDS transitions every year. Rear gearing seems to have the biggest effect on whether you'll feel it or not at normal speeds. You could only tell my SP would go into MDS from hearing it, never felt it unless I was getting on the throttle at the same time or something odd like that.
I think I need to buy a new pcm as well? Correct? I think after '14 model year, the pcm is locked. IIRC.

Not looking to spend money on it. It's paid off and a killer truck. Just hate the MDS. It is also a '16 Ram Sport 4X4 rcsb with the Flowmaster Outlaw replacement muffler and Ground Force 2" rear drop springs/shocks.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I think I need to buy a new pcm as well? Correct? I think after '14 model year, the pcm is locked. IIRC.

Not looking to spend money on it. It's paid off and a killer truck. Just hate the MDS. It is also a '16 Ram Sport 4X4 rcsb with the Flowmaster Outlaw replacement muffler and Ground Force 2" rear drop springs/shocks.
Yeah, 15+ requires a pcm unlock, but we have some cool options.
You can buy a basic tuner that includes the swap. Submit the swap form, we send you an unlocked pcm and give you 2 weeks to install it and return the core. Once the unlocked pcm is in, you can tune away. No downtime, under $530.

Killing the MDS permanently will extend the life of that paid off motor!!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, 15+ requires a pcm unlock, but we have some cool options.
You can buy a basic tuner that includes the swap. Submit the swap form, we send you an unlocked pcm and give you 2 weeks to install it and return the core. Once the unlocked pcm is in, you can tune away. No downtime, under $530.

Killing the MDS permanently will extend the life of that paid off motor!!
That's not a bad price at all. I will think about it, but not really looking to put any money into it.
If I do, I will definitely be in touch. I appreciate it Mike. Thanks!

kaz109

Established Member
I hope in the future TFL Off road does a legit off road comparison with the Gen 3 raptor, TRX and Silverado Jackal without the BS pavement test

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I hope in the future TFL Off road does a legit off road comparison with the Gen 3 raptor, TRX and Silverado Jackal without the BS pavement test
As someone who is not familiar with such a comparison, I am curious…are there defined metrics by which the vehicles are judged, or does it wind up being a subjective comparison?

kaz109

Established Member
As someone who is not familiar with such a comparison, I am curious…are there defined metrics by which the vehicles are judged, or does it wind up being a subjective comparison?
There are defined metrics

kaz109

Established Member
They are selling for 20K over here in Cali for non-launch additions, I see no reason why a launch edition won’t sell for 50k over

Users who are viewing this thread