2022 BMW M8 Competition 1/4 mile via dragy

ArabianOak

Established Member
Not bad for being so cold...installed the plug in "racechips" yesterday and the car feels much stronger BUT now spins on launch...once it's warmer I think a 10.2 or 10.3 will be achievable with low DA and 100 octane.

very happy with this german mustang...lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So you'll be keeping this one for awhile. Well, if you're going to keep a car for awhile, that M8 is certainly worthy of keeping. I'm looking forward to hearing what the warmer weather will bring. (y)

ArabianOak

Established Member
So you'll be keeping this one for awhile. Well, if you're going to keep a car for awhile, that M8 is certainly worthy of keeping. I'm looking forward to hearing what the warmer weather will bring. (y)
...the m8's have come down 15-20k in the last month or so...i paid more than this car was worth because it was close to me, had low miles, great color, full PPF, radar and fresh tint. Basically all the crap I normally do was done, with the exception of the tune. haha.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The dude that does Obsessed Garage on Youtube has a 2023 M3 Competition with xDrive and he put on a piggyback tune and he says the car really rips. He does a POV video with it and the car moves out pretty good.

ArabianOak

Established Member
The M8 reminds me of that dude that just got the car and tried to race a GT2RS.

OP, time to get a Porsche 911 Turbo S!!!!
The 2020 911 turbo s has been on my short list awhile. Finally starting to come down in price after selling far above msrp even when used!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The 2020 911 turbo s has been on my short list awhile. Finally starting to come down in price after selling far above msrp even when used!
I read porsche purposely puts shitty tires on the 911 Turbo to make the GT3 seem like a stellar car. But put those crazy tires on the 911 Turbo, an S especially and its a crazy car. Not sure how crazy it would get with mods.

P car is in my future for sure.

ArabianOak

Established Member
I read porsche purposely puts shitty tires on the 911 Turbo to make the GT3 seem like a stellar car. But put those crazy tires on the 911 Turbo, an S especially and its a crazy car. Not sure how crazy it would get with mods.

tune only is 9's for straight line perf on the 911 turbo s...pretty sure people have run 9.9 stock under perfect conditions.

not a big fan of the sound they make though...haha.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
tune only is 9's for straight line perf on the 911 turbo s...pretty sure people have run 9.9 stock under perfect conditions.

not a big fan of the sound they make though...haha.

200 cell cats and catback will solve that.

blk02edge

Established Member

The GT3 IS a stellar car with track biased tires, the Turbo is a GT car with GT car tires. It's not some funny smoke and mirror game they're playing lol.

blk02edge

Established Member
It's hard to ignore the brute power of a 20+ 911 turbo S.

But I think I'd still take a manual GT3.
Having driven both on and off track, you don't want a GT3 unless you are actually a casual 10+ days per year track day guy. My favorite modern Porsche to rip around on the street is the 4S GTS with the manual.

q6543

Established Member
Dude was shuffling and backpedaling that L… that’s 1 of the funniest vids I’ve seen in awhile

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Having driven both on and off track, you don't want a GT3 unless you are actually a casual 10+ days per year track day guy. My favorite modern Porsche to rip around on the street is the 4S GTS with the manual.

Nope. Would be a full poser, weekend only bystander neck-snapping cruiser.

Some day!

Users who are viewing this thread