2022 Ford Maverick Review | A Lot of New Truck for the Money

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
No one vehicle is for everyone, for sure. I was just curious. It does offer good versatility, ease of use, and affordable pricing. It might be really appealing to entry-level shoppers in these inflationary times. For those being stretched financially and a need to use it mainly for small jobs, it might be all the truck they'd need.
Agreed, have you seen one in person?

andymarkv

Established Member
The Max Tow (4,000 pounds) Package is $745. I comes with a few cooling upgrades, plus a switch from 3.63 to 3.81 gears.
I'm thinking the Max Tow is worth the price of admission just to get the deeper gear! I'm assuming it would help make it feel a little lighter on its feet.

IMO, they don't look too shabby with a little 2" lift and meaty tire...but then you're probably ruining the major reason to purchase one...fuel economy.
Maverick.JPG

SuperLX

Established Member
4x4 option not available with hybrid that’s too bad ….really only pu out there with a hybrid option it’s in a class by itself ….Ford needs to fix this option it would be perfect !

MattN03

03RCODE
Established Member
I'd look at the hybrid version as a replacement to my 2010 Fusion when the time comes. I think it would make a nice little commuting vehicle that's economical to own and drive. I've got a Superduty for towing duty.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
I have seen a few of these in my area and I like the way they look. The more I see them, I would not mind owning one. Even the lowered ones look pretty damn good.

It would fit my current lifestyle (don't need a full size and if I did I know people with them). Plus I wouldn't be worried if the wife had to drive it.

Nice review @SID297 !!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have seen a few of these in my area and I like the way they look. The more I see them, I would not mind owning one. Even the lowered ones look pretty damn good.

It would fit my current lifestyle (don't need a full size and if I did I know people with them). Plus I wouldn't be worried if the wife had to drive it.

Nice review @SID297 !!

Thanks.

ajaf1656

Established Member
I saw one of these the other day and was confused. I recognized it as a Ford, but I knew it wasn't a Ranger. I had no idea these existed. Haha.
Does it come with a stick? I'm not interested in anything with an automatic transmission.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I saw one of these the other day and was confused. I recognized it as a Ford, but I knew it wasn't a Ranger. I had no idea these existed. Haha.
Does it come with a stick? I'm not interested in anything with an automatic transmission.

Nope, it doesn't even always have gears.

2014gtcs

Established Member
Not a bad looking vehicle, just not for me. I'm sure it's capable of quite a bit but I prefer a full frame versus a unibody regarding trucks, jmo.

Cousin "It"

Established Member
Excellent and surprising review. I like the comments on the simple interior. Ford answered the seemingly ignored call to make a cheap truck again. There is one unexplored area of the Maverick to me, though. Will a conventional utility ATV fit in the bed? The possibility of a modern monstrosity fitting is low, but curiosity arises at the possibility of smaller classic ATVs. Perhaps a Honda Fourtrax TRX300FW?

OKSnake08

Established Member
How about the XL with 2.0 and towing package and moonroof , bed extender, hard tonneau and bed mat, OH ! and floor liners for 28300? Ford will sell alot of XL's with some upscale options. Thankfully they let you upgrade a base vehicle here more than on other platforms. I'm looking at you Mustang (wheres the LX c'mon) and F150 (I bought my GT500 after pricing what a stripper F150 w/ V8 and a Ford sourced supercharger cost) price and application matters. I have a friend with an HVAC company that is looking at them for service vehicles with a cap of course. Ford could feed that market if it wanted to.

Users who are viewing this thread