2022 Mustang V8s getting horsepower drop, GT500 impacted???

BOD89LX

Established Member
I wonder what they changed that caused the power drop. Maybe just something in the emissions tuning?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I wonder what they changed that caused the power drop. Maybe just something in the emissions tuning?
Would be as simple as tuning. Only other thing i can think of is more restrictive exhaust and intake.

germansheperd

2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
Established Member
If anything its maybe just a couple degrees of timing pulled, fattened up AFR. They are going to re-engineer and re-certify parts for 1 model year then go to a completely new platform.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Would be as simple as tuning. Only other thing i can think of is more restrictive exhaust and intake.

I highly doubt this is being used YET, but it could have a gas particulate filter like some of the euro gas cars are getting.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Particulate filters have arrived, for the "lesser" Coyote motors in Mustangs anyway. We shall see how Ford skirted the issue in the GT500 shortly. PFI may have saved the day for '22.

I still remember Ford ICE enginer Adam Christen telling me some 6 years ago that they were coming. He gave me a very grim look.

Same cat and mouse game, adding long tubes/tune, kiss your warranty goodbye if there is a major engine issue. I could see somebody bolting on earlier S550 cats (with a tune) in hopes of sneaking by their local inspection process - ingenuity is on the way however it'll be done.

We are going to see threads on system errors due to drive cycles, etc. The added heat in order to allow the system to function isn't really a good thing either (witness diesel trucks and their lovely DPF systems).

Note the new cat/exhaust plumbing and sensor (eurogay system for illustration purposes until stateside LBGT version is released)...

MVIMG_20180609_164348.jpg

IMG_9801.JPG

IMG_9795.JPG

IMG_9791.JPG

How-to-fix-Exhaust-filter-limit-reached.-drive-to-clean-now.jpg

Yay. This coupled with no gas lawn equipment sales in California will definitely save the world.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
If anything its maybe just a couple degrees of timing pulled, fattened up AFR. They are going to re-engineer and re-certify parts for 1 model year then go to a completely new platform.
They are going to fatten up the AFR for emissions? Lol

Saleenrose

Established Member
Most of you should already know that political emissions standards are a look at us feel good agenda, as battery production and waste is a whole new problem they have not thought about yet. Lets move our production to a foreign country where they do not have epa laws that are uncontrollable, then we can put stuff on big boats, leave in ocean for long time, allow our needed consumables to dissipate and then get ourselves into a war due to us having a weak dick president. Yah, lets do that.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Particulate filters have arrived, for the "lesser" Coyote motors in Mustangs anyway. We shall see how Ford skirted the issue in the GT500 shortly. PFI may have saved the day for '22.

I still remember Ford ICE enginer Adam Christen telling me some 6 years ago that they were coming. He gave me a very grim look.

Same cat and mouse game, adding long tubes/tune, kiss your warranty goodbye if there is a major engine issue. I could see somebody bolting on earlier S550 cats (with a tune) in hopes of sneaking by their local inspection process - ingenuity is on the way however it'll be done.

We are going to see threads on system errors due to drive cycles, etc. The added heat in order to allow the system to function isn't really a good thing either (witness diesel trucks and their lovely DPF systems).

Note the new cat/exhaust plumbing and sensor (eurogay system for illustration purposes until stateside LBGT version is released)...

View attachment 1724018

View attachment 1724019

View attachment 1724020

View attachment 1724021

View attachment 1724025

Yay. This coupled with no gas lawn equipment sales in California will definitely save the world.
You think we will get a V8 option in 2023 S650?

This also make the HIPO ecoboost much more competitive to the GT now.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I do. Sadly, gas engines are now going to be emasculated like never before as enviro-restrictions now have a stranglehold. My personal outlook is rather bleak. Time to consider retro in a number of aspects.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I do. Sadly, gas engines are now going to be emasculated like never before as enviro-restrictions now have a stranglehold. My personal outlook is rather bleak. Time to consider retro in a number of aspects.
The unforsure out look has made me reconsider getting a 2021/2022 GT500 as i feel maybe the last of the factory supercharged gas engines. That an Ca is comming down hard on the older modified vehicles.

germansheperd

2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
Established Member
They are going to fatten up the AFR for emissions? Lol
Ok ill help you. Manufacturers fatten up the AFR to protect your catalytic converters when you are cruising around in closed loop and the rest of the emissions system.
Its not like a carburetor your just dumping down fuel and emitting black smoke/unburnt fuel.
Never seen a stock car with a 10.5:1 AFR that you can almost breath the fumes at the tailpipe and the add cams and tuned it to 13:1 and you smell like gas and you eyes water?

Users who are viewing this thread