2023 Cadillac Escalade V | MotorWeek First Drive

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Yes your that guy who thinks someone buying a 125K+ car cares about mpg. I agree the GLS63 is a bad machine but please stop with mpg non sense.

I don't know, I could buy one and I care about that stuff. It's one of the main reasons I wouldn't buy the TRX. I like to drive my vehicles and when I'm road tripping I don't want to stop for fuel every 250-300 miles. And just because I can afford it doesn't mean I like to piss it away.

Zemedici

Established Member
Lol, Yeah because an Escalade and a 720s are the same thing and serve the same purpose.

;)

My family is me and one other person. So yes they would do the same thing for me. Haha

These are performance vehicles of top caliber, always seems odd to bring fuel economy into the discussion, they’re not designed for that.

You’re a pointy elbow guy aren’t you?

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
;)

My family is me and one other person. So yes they would do the same thing for me. Haha

These are performance vehicles of top caliber, always seems odd to bring fuel economy into the discussion, they’re not designed for that.

You’re a pointy elbow guy aren’t you?

Lol not at all, pointy elbows turn me on. An Escalade would be a 2nd or 3rd vehicle for me. My Friday night, road trip, weekend vehicle. I just hate having to plan my trips around where a gas station is. I have no idea what mpg's my Harley or Turbo S get because they are 4th & 5th vehicles.

This is a nice truck, albeit a nice truck with lots of hp, but outside of being a rapper, or an "influencer", or someone else that needs attention it doesn't do anything better than a Navigator BL. I'd rather save the $50k, buy a Nav, get 17-18 mpg's, and put it towards a Huracan or GT3 or whatever my next car is.

Last edited:

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
My Friday night, road trip, weekend vehicle. I just hate having to plan my trips around where a gas station is.
Give me a break, the ESV will have a 32 gallon tank and get atleast 16mpg on the highway. Thats 600 miles plus on a tank or 8 hours of straight highway driving. Guess you would have a lot of time to "plan" where the gas station is....:rolleyes:

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
There is a good chance the TRX will be an upgrade for me in the MPG department. If it can beat 10.2 on the highway, she will edge the jeep out.

ZL1 got 17 to/from the lake this weekend and i basically held my pinky up like i was in a Prius the whole way home sunday

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
There is a good chance the TRX will be an upgrade for me in the MPG department. If it can beat 10.2 on the highway, she will edge the jeep out.

ZL1 got 17 to/from the lake this weekend and i basically held my pinky up like i was in a Prius the whole way home sunday
10.2 highway. That's outrageous.

That's what my duramax gets with a 2800lbs camper in the bed and my loaded enclosed trailer tagging long. I mean, I'm probably going much slower but still.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
10.2 highway. That's outrageous.

That's what my duramax gets with a 2800lbs camper in the bed and my loaded enclosed trailer tagging long. I mean, I'm probably going much slower but still.
it is ridiculous. 2 lane highway without anything to block the wind, 5.13 gearing and 37s. gigantic rectangle strugglebussin down the road against all odds lol

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
it is ridiculous. 2 lane highway without anything to block the wind, 5.13 gearing and 37s. gigantic rectangle strugglebussin down the road against all odds lol
10 in the city I can understand but thats terrible on the highway. I didnt realize they only advertise 14mpg stock. Does it not have cylinder deactivation?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
10 in the city I can understand but thats terrible on the highway. I didnt realize they only advertise 14mpg stock. Does it not have cylinder deactivation?

Hellcat engine has no cylinder deactivation. Only the 5.7 and the 6.4(non 2500 engines) with auto transmissions have it

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
no cylinder deactivation, it's the old 2010 3.8L V6 (with 170k on it) from the minivan and i cannot use overdrive until about 55ish or the transmission will shudder it's ass off.

motor sucks, transmission is awful...but most dependable vehicle i've ever owned.

Users who are viewing this thread