2023 Cadillac Escalade V | MotorWeek First Drive

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
It would be nice, but I think Ford needs to figure out how to get people to buy the regular Navigator first. The Grand Wagoneer sells better. I think most would agree that the Navi is a solid offering, but is essentially an also ran at this point. For whatever reason, the consumer proposition just isn't there.

fangstang

Established Member
It would be nice, but I think Ford needs to figure out how to get people to buy the regular Navigator first. The Grand Wagoneer sells better. I think most would agree that the Navi is a solid offering, but is essentially an also ran at this point. For whatever reason, the consumer proposition just isn't there.
It needs a V-8 for the money they are asking.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
One of my buddies was number one on the Escalade V list. He has bought several Escalades from the dealership over the years. The dealership called him a few months ago to finalize his order. They also told him there will be a $50k addendum added to the price. At which point he said no way. After some days of back and forth, they came down to $25k over due to him being "such a good customer." He decided against it. They called last week and said they have reconsidered and will do $15k over. He said not a over penny over MSRP.
They supposedly are considering it. It makes me wonder if gas prices have finally hit high enough to temper sales of vehicles like this.

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

The resale value on Navigators is shit. I think that's a big part of it.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Zero engine choices. This is the reason.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Starts @ 150K,.....................36 speakers,..................narrow @ best market niche !!

The engine has to come from their performance build center, so volumes won't be high anyway. Even a 5% take rate would translate to big bucks for GM. The ATP for the "regular" Escalade is already $102K and they can't build them fast enough. They'll sell every one they make.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Absolutely insane. I bet they'll have no problem selling them though. People who can afford something like this definitely have a couple other options in the garage already.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
This thing is so bad ass.

Timing could be great to get a deal on one considering the price of fuel!

ArabianOak

Established Member
this is going to be my wifes next car...but I am not paying that price...wait a year, let these car prices tank with the housing market and snatch this bad boy up for half of msrp...lol

Users who are viewing this thread