2023 Cadillac Escalade V

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I want an Escalade bad. Wife and I rented one when we took a weekend trip to Denver a couple years ago. I just can’t stomach spending the money on one.

kaz109

Established Member
Glad GM made this and I know ppl would want this because of the roar roar SC V8 but I would still rather have a GLS580/63s over this

VegasMichael

Established Member
I want an Escalade bad. Wife and I rented one when we took a weekend trip to Denver a couple years ago. I just can’t stomach spending the money on one.
I was on Cadillac's website the other day since I'm shopping around for a sedan and I saw the prices on the Escalades, thought I read them wrong and had to do a double take. A lot of $$$.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I was on Cadillac's website the other day since I'm shopping around for a sedan and I saw the prices on the Escalades, thought I read them wrong and had to do a double take. A lot of $$$.
I see quite a few new ones around. In fact, I see a lot of nice, new vehicles and I can’t help but wonder how in the heck people afford them. My wife and I do pretty well and I couldn’t fathom dropping that kind of coin on a vehicle that wasn’t exotic or collectible(even then I don’t think I could) Either there are a lot of rich folk or people dgaf about high payments strewn out over several years.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I see quite a few new ones around. In fact, I see a lot of nice, new vehicles and I can’t help but wonder how in the heck people afford them. My wife and I do pretty well and I couldn’t fathom dropping that kind of coin on a vehicle that wasn’t exotic or collectible(even then I don’t think I could) Either there are a lot of rich folk or people dgaf about high payments strewn out over several years.
I used to live across the street from a gal who sold cars at a BMW/Mercedes place and she said half the people who bought one of their cars really couldn't afford it.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I used to live across the street from a gal who sold cars at a BMW/Mercedes place and she said half the people who bought one of their cars really couldn't afford it.
This word means different things to different people, but by definition :
af·ford
[əˈfôrd]

VERB
  1. (can/could afford)
    have enough money to pay for:
    "the best that I could afford was a first-floor room" ·
    [more]
    synonyms:
    pay for · bear/meet the expense of · spare the price of·
    [more]
    • have (a certain amount of something, especially money or time) available or to spare:
      "it was taking up more time than he could afford"
    • be able to do something without risk of adverse consequences:
      "kings could afford to be wrathful"
      synonyms:
      bear · sustain · stand · carry · allow oneself

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I often have the very same thought(s). Although these days even a $40k price tag makes me keep scrolling. lol

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member

Gf and I had this talk. We live in a middle class neighborhood. Average house is 215k ish. Just a normal neighborhood.

I have an 07 Silverado and she has a 17 altima. She works in a doctors office, I’m oilfield. We do okay.

We have a neighbor early 40s … new jeep. Hellcat challenger. Just got a new tundra. And a c7.

I’m like how tf. Wife doesn’t work, and dude is just a normal pipeline worker. And I used to be pipeline so I know we aren’t ballin like that.

Nanner

Established Member
Premium Member
Saw one at Charleston Ale & Octane yesterday. Owner fired it up, sounded really nice!

Don't think I'd ever want one though.

blk02edge

Established Member
Gf and I had this talk. We live in a middle class neighborhood. Average house is 215k ish. Just a normal neighborhood.

I have an 07 Silverado and she has a 17 altima. She works in a doctors office, I’m oilfield. We do okay.

We have a neighbor early 40s … new jeep. Hellcat challenger. Just got a new tundra. And a c7.

I’m like how tf. Wife doesn’t work, and dude is just a normal pipeline worker. And I used to be pipeline so I know we aren’t ballin like that.
Inheritance is often the answer to those situations

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member

Worker, or welder. Pipeline welders make bank. Tough hours and relatively hard on the body, but it pays well.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member

My guess would be payment poor. Has to be for the vast majority of people, especially in this economy. I think a difference, for me, is that yeah I could have a lot of nice and brand new shit, but I’d rather not have debt and enough money to not gaf. But to each their own I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread