2023 Cadillac Escalade V

phil a

Established Member
My guess would be payment poor. Has to be for the vast majority of people, especially in this economy. I think a difference, for me, is that yeah I could have a lot of nice and brand new shit, but I’d rather not have debt and enough money to not gaf. But to each their own I guess.
Ha! Exact same feeling here. I’d like to get a new truck - and probably should as the Michigan rust has mine on its last legs - but I don’t want to pay 30-35k for a 5-7yo truck. Can we? Sure. I don’t like debt and don’t want to spend $35k in cash when I don’t absolutely need it.

Must be a lot of people that feel differently from me. I see way too many range rovers and Escalades in my neighborhood to think this is all paid free and clear or inheritance money…

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Inheritance is often the answer to those situations
True. My buddies mom died. He got the house. .. so he sold his. And now has no mortgage.. mid 40s.

I guess an extra $1500-2000 a month goes a long way. Lol
People be tapping that home equity like a virgin snatch on prom night.

These are all valid statements. Everyone's financial situation is different. You really don't know unless you have talked with your neighbor or co-worker and this is a discussion most of us do not have outside of our home/family. So, those of us on the outside looking in tend make assumptions.

Just like I assume everyone in my neighborhood thinks I'm a drug dealer because of all the cars I have LMAO!!!

However, I make good money. I'm retired from the military after 22 years of service and my Dad has given me a car that is in my current collection.

So, it's possible to have all these things without being rich or doing illegal activity or being payment poor LOL.

But as I first mentioned everyone is different. So, I'm sure there are some payment poor folks out there. I'm just not one of them....:D

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
There are literally millions of people in this country that could write a check for this kind of vehicle right now without even blinking. It's not THAT unobtanium. Sure, there are certainly some that live beyond their means, but the U.S. has a LOT of wealthy people in it. Way back in 2013, the median income for the Esky ESV was $260K. It has certainly gone way upscale since that generation.

The average Cadillac Escalade is selling for over $102,000, report says

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
It amazes me how much time men spend worrying about another man’s finances . I assumed the thread would be about a big American SC V8 sound and the entire first page was about “blinding guessing what my neighbor could/should be able to afford” as @Black Gold 380R stated you guys don’t have a clue how many sources of income ppl have

Just curious, has anyone driven an Escalade and a top trim Grand Wagoneer? Curious how they compare

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Worker, or welder. Pipeline welders make bank. Tough hours and relatively hard on the body, but it pays well.

Worker. In East TX.

They don’t make the Permian Basin money over here cause we actually like living over here

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Wish they would throw that engine into the Silverado/Sierra for one last bang at a high HP street pickup

Yeah, toss it into this GMC Denali Ultimate. I just love this interior.

Attachments

• denali-ultimate.jpg
    denali-ultimate.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 86

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Gf and I had this talk. We live in a middle class neighborhood. Average house is 215k ish. Just a normal neighborhood.

I have an 07 Silverado and she has a 17 altima. She works in a doctors office, I’m oilfield. We do okay.

We have a neighbor early 40s … new jeep. Hellcat challenger. Just got a new tundra. And a c7.

I’m like how tf. Wife doesn’t work, and dude is just a normal pipeline worker. And I used to be pipeline so I know we aren’t ballin like that.

Maybe they just lease 'em all?

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
It amazes me how much time men spend worrying about another man’s finances
Not spending any time worry. It’s not my business, but it’s just natural curiosity everyone asks from time to time. This forum is a place for such a thing, and the topic is semi-congruent with the thread.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
All that $$$ for some A/C Delco GM that will be worth nothing in a few years. Yeah, no thanks.
Well, I suppose the only 'good' thing is that you can buy a used one, relatively new, for short money, LOL.

However, I have noticed that the GM undercoating and undercarriage materials are just horrible at standing up to corrosive environment (aka: salted roads). The newer ones seem even worse. Not long ago, I was considering purchase of slightly used GM truck (1500 series), and even tho only 2 to 4 years old, the undercarriages looked like they were ready for junkyard. Very scary.

Buddy of mine has a 2010 Lexus LS460 that's always been driven in New England (horrible, salted roads). We had it up on my lift the other day, and it still looks GREAT underneath. No serious rust or corrosion at all.

VegasMichael

Established Member
It amazes me how much time men spend worrying about another man’s finances . I assumed the thread would be about a big American SC V8 sound and the entire first page was about “blinding guessing what my neighbor could/should be able to afford” as @Black Gold 380R stated you guys don’t have a clue how many sources of income ppl have

Just curious, has anyone driven an Escalade and a top trim Grand Wagoneer? Curious how they compare
It's a normal man thing to do in my opinion. It's like seeing or meeting another male for the first time and doing an immediate threat assessment. Lots of men do that. Or seeing a dude with a hot chick and wondering right away how he bagged her. When I drive by ritzy homes in swanky neighborhoods I always wonder how each resident made their money. I'm probably one of the only people who has read each profile of those in the Forbes 400 every year since the 80s because I'm interested in how they made their bank.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
For $150k it wouldn't crack my top 10 for an SUV. So many nicer and better choices at that price point. Dead serious, I'd take a Navigator BL over this for a DD. It's still a pos GM product no matter how shiny the plastic and cheap leather is.

Users who are viewing this thread